Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2016, 09:38 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
Ahh....so far all I've gotten was "I don't want no GREASY SPOTS leechin off me with bad body odor" or "that one guy 7 years ago jumped off a balcony"..."LOSERS smoke this dangerous drug and are unproductive"

As predicted. The typical, uneducated and really baseless arguments.

So then nobody trying to argue can give me even ONE actual scientific reason to the original question asked, let alone 5? Not surprised.
Sure-

I gave you reasons (I am a physician- you are not). As a good liberal, you choose to ignore reasons that refute your premise then claim a rhetorical "victory" with an absurd presumption which has no factual basis. As Stalin has taught you, facts are irrelevant to a "progressive"; what matters is the political objective and as such, facts are simply issues to be manipulated. Stalin would be pround of you.

1. Moderate alcohol consumption (2gms) reduces cardiac risk.

2. Alcohol is used as a "neurolytic agent" in treating some cancer pain.

3. Pot and acid have no defined medical benefits.

4. Moderate alcohol consumption has been associated with a reduced risk of dementia.
Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 09:50 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
1. Alcohol is legal.
2. You aren't supporting your local gang bangers when you buy alcohol.
3. I don't know any private school grad friends of mine who are useless middle-agers due to drinking too much. It's the pot smokers since HS, who went to Cal Tech/Harvard/Georgetown/Tufts/MIT grads who are. What a waste. Bunch of intellectual losers, who STILL promote legalizing pot while living with all of the VERY bad decisions they made due to their "pot rules" lifestyle.

But at least they ain't drunks!

That's all I've got.

I think pot should be legal.

Have at it.

It's not my thing, I HAVE inhaled...but even if it's made legal in my state? Not my choice.

It smells horrible.

I'd rather sit around at a restaurant with friends and have a glass of good wine...not smoke "Sponge Bob's Finest".

Folks are always up in arms about 2nd hand tobacco smoke affecting children. The chances of a 3 year old getting lung cancer from 2nd hand tobacco smoke vs. getting high from 2nd hand MJ smoke?

Has that been addressed in the states that have legalized? Or all the pot smokers saying that's a benefit - the kid will sleep through the night?

I don't really care, so I haven't done the research. But you care. Like someone who smokes a lot more than you pretend you do.
remember prohibition it must of slipped right over your head

your defense of alcohol is pathetic!!! alcohol kills 88 thousand a year in the us alone. not one over dose death has been recorded from pot..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xVQrYvI4Nw

Last edited by cruxan; 01-31-2016 at 10:02 AM..

Old 01-31-2016, 09:53 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,523,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Okay-

Here is one reason. Schedule 1 drugs have no medical benefit.

1. Alcohol is used as a neurolytic agent to "destroy nerves" in some cases of refractory pain associated with cancers. This has been shown in randomized, prospective, double blinded studies.

2. Pot and LSD have been shown to have no medical benefit in randomized, double blinded, prospective studies. The Pot Lobby will argue the "medical benefits" of pot, but there is not one "good study" (the measure by which all other drugs are evaluated) showing a benefit of pot.

3. If you want to get stoned and trip on acid and ruin your life, it is okay with me. When a larger number of people embraces pot, it just makes it easier for my kids to compete in business and social aspects of thier life.

4. As an employer, would you seek out individuals who are drinking, smoking pot, and dropping acid as the best employees for your business?

5. Would you be pleased if the teachers who teach your children, the pilots who fly the jets, and those building the bridges you travel on were dropping acid and smoking pot?

Liberalism is vacating reason and escaping to a world of childhood fantasy.
This is absolutely hysterical. Even end it with "DA LIBRUL FANTAHHSEEE". Classic.

Stop being intellectually dishonest. Do you realize how hard it is to study cannabis while it remains a schedule 1 drug? By that merit alone, don't you think it's a bit odd to keep it a level 1 drug? You still haven't given me a good reason that it should be level one AND ALCOHOL SHOULDN'T.

Therapeutic use of Cannabis sativa on chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting among cancer patients: systematic review and meta-analysis - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health

There ya go... a meta-analysis of RCT's. Top of the pyramid, and it took about 2 seconds. No medical benefit? Ask people who use cannabis as the only method out there that stops them from having intractable seizures. Including little kids, who otherwise may die from the disease. Why do you want a prospective cohort study? Do you know much about research? So you're saying no more research is needed, we should put tens of thousands of people in cages and ignore potential benefits of a drug because you think it should be level 1 for some reason? You are either incredibly ignorant or playing blind to the fact that there is potential for cannabis, THC or CBD isolate or all 3 to have potential use in medicine. You do know there are/have been drugs trying to mimic CBD on the market because, well, it works, right?

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/35/4/1505.abstract

Your numbers 3-5 are so useless they aren't even worth talking about. Just a bunch of "WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!" nonsense.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Sure-

I gave you reasons (I am a physician- you are not). As a good liberal, you choose to ignore reasons that refute your premise then claim a rhetorical "victory" with an absurd presumption which has no factual basis. As Stalin has taught you, facts are irrelevant to a "progressive"; what matters is the political objective and as such, facts are simply issues to be manipulated. Stalin would be pround of you.

1. Moderate alcohol consumption (2gms) reduces cardiac risk.

2. Alcohol is used as a "neurolytic agent" in treating some cancer pain.

3. Pot and acid have no defined medical benefits.

4. Moderate alcohol consumption has been associated with a reduced risk of dementia.
Awwww looook...you totally changed your post, but I already had quoted it before you could edit. Must not have liked some of the things you said.

I'm sure you're a "physician"

If you are a "physician", which I doubt you are, do tell...how many alcoholics do you treat? How many deaths do you see per year directly caused by alcoholism or drunk driving? I'd LOVE to hear your stats compared with deaths caused directly by cannabis or psychedelic drugs.

Funny that I have yet to provide anesthesia during a 7 hour case for somebody receiving a liver transplant for chronic cannabis use....

Old 01-31-2016, 10:04 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
This is absolutely hysterical. Even end it with "DA LIBRUL FANTAHHSEEE". Classic.

Stop being intellectually dishonest. Do you realize how hard it is to study cannabis while it remains a schedule 1 drug? By that merit alone, don't you think it's a bit odd to keep it a level 1 drug? You still haven't given me a good reason that it should be level one AND ALCOHOL SHOULDN'T.

Therapeutic use of Cannabis sativa on chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting among cancer patients: systematic review and meta-analysis - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health

There ya go... a meta-analysis of RCT's. Top of the pyramid, and it took about 2 seconds. No medical benefit? Ask people who use cannabis as the only method out there that stops them from having intractable seizures. Including little kids, who otherwise may die from the disease. Why do you want a prospective cohort study? Do you know much about research? So you're saying no more research is needed, we should put tens of thousands of people in cages and ignore potential benefits of a drug because you think it should be level 1 for some reason? You are either incredibly ignorant or playing blind to the fact that there is potential for cannabis, THC or CBD isolate or all 3 to have potential use in medicine. You do know there are/have been drugs trying to mimic CBD on the market because, well, it works, right?

Daily Marijuana Use Is Not Associated with Brain Morphometric Measures in Adolescents or Adults

Your numbers 3-5 are so useless they aren't even worth talking about. Just a bunch of "WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!" nonsense.
See "The Dunning-Kruger Effect"

I love it when people lecture me on medicine. I only have over 20 peer reviewed pubications in the medical literature, was on the faculty at two medical schools, have two national research awards and am double boarded.

I bow to your "expertise"!

Old 01-31-2016, 10:09 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
The government would never steer me wrong in terms of what to do with my body.

Shame on you guys for questioning it.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
See "The Dunning-Kruger Effect"

I love it when people lecture me on medicine. I only have over 20 peer reviewed pubications in the medical literature, was on the faculty at two medical schools, have two national research awards and am double boarded.

I bow to your "expertise"!
Sure ya do...

care to address my questions yet regarding how many patient deaths you see for alcoholism vs cannabis? no? I'll keep waiting. I'll keep watching you flounder, too.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:11 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
Quote:
Sure ya do...

care to address my questions yet regarding how many patient deaths you see for alcoholism vs cannabis? no? I'll keep waiting. I'll keep watching you flounder, too.
The verb is "founder."

Old 01-31-2016, 10:11 AM

Daily Marijuana Use Is Not Associated with Brain Morphometric Measures in Adolescents or Adults

You shouldn't use a link to your google search to make an argument, for future reference.

Here are some examples of actual research you can post.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?...+meta-analysis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?...%3B351%3Ah4238.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26826511

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26455822

Last edited by ForYourLungsOnly; 01-31-2016 at 10:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies