Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2016, 03:38 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You've managed to spew a lot of words but actually say very little.

Your entire argument is basically, it's the way it is because it's the way it is, and we'll maintain things the way they are by making it nearly impossible to conduct solid peer reviewed research into the subject.

You could just say "I like being able to tell other people what they can and cannot do" and be done with it.

1. I do not control the DEA

2. The DEA determines the drug schedule, not me:
a. Pot and acid are schedule 1
b. alcohol is not a schedule 1

3. There are medical uses for alcohol
a. neurolytic agents for cancer pain
b. infusions to treate ethylene glycol and methanol toxicity
c. there is a reduced rate of CAD and dementia with moderate alcohol use

4. There are no randomized, double blinded, prospective studies with valid statistics showing a medical benefit of of pot.

5. The poster asked why alcohol is not schedule 1, while pot an acid are schedule 1. I told him.

6. I personally do not care what you do, nor do I "like" to tell others what to do. If you want to smoke pot and drop acid- do so. I personally think pot SHOULD BE LEGAL, as all of you pot heads seem to find it anyway, regardless of the law. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU DO. Just don't try to rationalize your drug use as having a "medical" benefit. It is as funny as when Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies called her moonshine "rheumatiz medicine".

I am trying to be as clear as possible and am simplifying my language as though I am talking to a five year old. I cannot make my points (all valid medical points) any more clear. I did not make these facts up; they are the facts as reported throught the literature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 03:40 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,521,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
No, no. I see you have comprehension issues. I didn't ask why it is how it is in the original thread title. I asked WHY SHOULD IT be how it is. As in the difference between, "Why is it this way?" and "Why should it be this way?". You seem to have missed the entire point. What a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

4. There are no randomized, double blinded, prospective studies with valid statistics showing a medical benefit of of pot.

5. The poster asked why alcohol is not schedule 1, while pot an acid are schedule 1. I told him.

6. I personally do not care what you do, nor do I "like" to tell others what to do. If you want to smoke pot and drop acid- do so. I personally think pot SHOULD BE LEGAL, as all of you pot heads seem to find it anyway, regardless of the law. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU DO. Just don't try to rationalize your drug use as having a "medical" benefit. It is as funny as when Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies called her moonshine "rheumatiz medicine".

I am trying to be as clear as possible and am simplifying my language as though I am talking to a five year old. I cannot make my points (all valid medical points) any more clear. I did not make these facts up; they are the facts as reported throught the literature.
Quit smacking yourself. It seems you misinterpreted the entire premise of my original question. You agree with me, then. Cannabis should not be a level one substance. That explains why you failed to address the many many more nuanced questions I asked you. And throwing out stupid quips like "you potheads" just makes you look angry and flustered. I have opinions on abortion, but as a male, I'm not some "abortion getter".

Old 01-31-2016, 03:42 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:

Good for you.
Quote:
Great. You've stated a fact. A fact is not a justification.

Quote:
Great.

Quote:
Because ridiculous government regulations make it effectively impossible for researchers to conduct such studies.

Quote:
You haven't, really. Your answer is essentially nothing more than "because it is."

Old 01-31-2016, 03:44 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgardian View Post
I can't. Marijuana legalization is not a partisan issue. Channel JFK and build a coalition instead of trying to put people in a box.
It is an issue for social conservatives. They see marijuana as something that will destroy the moral fabric of America so they oppose legalization. While there are conservatives that support legalization, a vast majority don't. There is a lot more support for it among liberals.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:

You haven't, really. Your answer is essentially nothing more than "because it is."
Yes. He got a bit confused. Rather than addressing my original question, of why SHOULD it be this way, he went on a tirade about why it IS this way.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Good for you.
Great. You've stated a fact. A fact is not a justification.

Great.

Because ridiculous government regulations make it effectively impossible for researchers to conduct such studies.

Again- I think I am speaking to dogs, or some creature that does not understand English. This is why it is impossible to converse with liberals, as they simply cannot incorporate/understand/process simple facts. I guess that is what makes them liberals, otherwise they would be conservatives.

1. you do not understand the DEA scheduling system of drugs

2. you do not understand what constitutes a valid medical study and what does not

3. I don't care what you do- I am not a liberal and therefore not a totalitarian.

4. there have been MANY studies evaluating the medical efficacy of pot, many of which were funded by the NIH

5. None of the laws, the scope of the medical literature, or the DEA is under my command.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Again- I think I am speaking to dogs, or some creature that does not understand English. This is why it is impossible to converse with liberals, as they simply cannot incorporate/understand/process simple facts. I guess that is what makes them liberals, otherwise they would be conservatives.

1. you do not understand the DEA scheduling system of drugs

2. you do not understand what constitutes a valid medical study and what does not

3. I don't care what you do- I am not a liberal and therefore not a totalitarian.

4. there have been MANY studies evaluating the medical efficacy of pot, many of which were funded by the NIH

5. None of the laws, the scope of the medical literature, or the DEA is under my command.
You miss my post pal? You misunderstood the whole premise of the thread. Might want to check yourself before you keep rambling.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:22 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Legalization has its pros and cons.

I am personally for anything, within reason, that takes power away from the Oligarchs
and their LEO-stormtroopers.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
You miss my post pal? You misunderstood the whole premise of the thread. Might want to check yourself before you keep rambling.
Is this not your thread?

Go Back City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Reload this Page Give me 5 reasons psilocybin and cannabis should be schedule 1, while alcohol is legal.

The good thing about being a liberal is that you can say and post things, yet later deny it ever happened. Stalin is smiling in hell.

"Give me 5 reasons psilocybin and cannibis should be schedule 1, while alcohol is legal". Right? That is your thread, is it not?

If you intended a different question, perhaps you should have asked it. What, exactly, is your "question" (liberals never ask questions- they "ask" what they consider rherotical questions to illustate a point. All liberals have absolute knowledge and therefore have no need to actually ask a legit question). ?

I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION SIX TIMES.

Smoke all the weed and drop all the acid you want. If you need that "escape from reality", you are a weak indvidual who cannot face and deal with reality. Grow a pair- be a responsible adult for yourself, your children, and your family. If you want to be a loser in society- do so.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Is this not your thread?

Go Back City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Reload this Page Give me 5 reasons psilocybin and cannabis should be schedule 1, while alcohol is legal.

The good thing about being a liberal is that you can say and post things, yet later deny it ever happened. Stalin is smiling in hell.

"Give me 5 reasons psilocybin and cannibis should be schedule 1, while alcohol is legal". Right? That is your thread, is it not?

If you intended a different question, perhaps you should have asked it. What, exactly, is your "question" (liberals never ask questions- they "ask" what they consider rherotical questions to illustate a point. All liberals have absolute knowledge and therefore have no need to actually ask a legit question). ?

I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION SIX TIMES.

Smoke all the weed and drop all the acid you want. If you need that "escape from reality", you are a weak indvidual who cannot face and deal with reality. Grow a pair- be a responsible adult for yourself, your children, and your family. If you want to be a loser in society- do so.
Boy are you angry. All personal internet attacks. What's wrong? Relax a little.

It does seem you're having trouble again, though. Go back and read what I said about your misinterpretation of the entire thread when you rambled on and on about why IT IS HOW IT IS as opposed to what I asked in the title, WHY SHOULD IT BE this way.

"Why is something this way?"

"Why SHOULD something be this way?"

See the difference yet? No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies