Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 10:28 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

why would we need pharmaceutical companies to grow it when we can just grow it ourselves. It's not that hard you know. But this is the whole issue. They would rather push their manufactured drugs because they would lose money if a natural plant was legalized. Just think what it would do to their profits.
yahtzee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 10:31 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
You're hilarious that you keep presuming what my profession is. Attempting to use that for your argument proves how unsubstantiated it is.

Alcohol not a drug? HAHAHAHA. Things must only be "drugs" when they aren't sanctioned by the government.

Annnd, yet again...you keep ignoring the studies I posted that were meta-analyses of RCT's showing cannabis and it's use as a therapeutic agent. You also keep ignoring my questions asking you how many deaths you see per year related to alcohol vs cannabis. Must not fit your ridiculous outdated opinion.

YOU are the one playing ignorant, if you dismiss cannabis as having absolutely NO potential medical benefits. Even if cannabis DIDN'T have ANY medical benefits (which it absolutely potentially does according to several studies that you continue to ignore), how can you still justify it being schedule 1? It's impossible to overdose. It is safer than alcohol. It is safer than tobacco. You have NO answer for this.

The government tells you cocaine and many opiates are schedule 2...must be less addictive and safer than cannabis..Oh wait..

By the way..I don't think alcohol SHOULD be a level 1 substance

Here's the bottom line:

You are ignorant to research that exists regarding cannabis and it's potential medicinal value. You continue to choose to ignore it, and use that as your basis (presumably) for why it should remain a schedule 1 drug, despite the fact that it is vastly safer and less addictive than alcohol or tobacco. Hypothetically, even if this research didn't exist and it was proven that cannabis had NO medicinal value whatsoever (which is hard to do, because it is difficult to study schedule 1 drugs in depth), you would still think it appropriate to keep it a level 1 substance, while recreational consumption of alcohol legal, again despite the much more harmful and addictive nature of alcohol. This would keep thousands and thousands of people imprisoned each and every year for minor drug offenses because they chose to partake in something LESS harmful than a drug that is sanctioned by the government, which ruins lives and burdens society monetarily through prison overpopulation. If this is your argument, you can have it, but it isn't the least bit compelling or thoughtful, and frankly on the wrong side of history.

All the while, according to many of your other posts, you continue to rant about "librulz" and the fact that they yearn for government interference into our lives, while here you are, yearning for just that. Time to retire, "Doc".
Actually, the bottom line is that hawkeye has made you look like a fool. He has provided valid arguments, and your come back is to bray laughter like a donkey.

Not impressed.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:52 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Why would we need pharmaceutical companies to grow it when we can just grow it ourselves. It's not that hard you know. But this is the whole issue. They would rather push their manufactured drugs because they would lose money if a natural plant was legalized. Just think what it would do to their profits.
The downfall of the medical industry as a whole will occur when the Millennials get older (thus requiring more medical attention) and realize 99% of health can be navigated via the Internet.

I'm a Gen Xer and Google-heal/prevent all the time. The only time i have to see a doctor is because of gov regulations not allowing me access to medicine and/or medical equipment. My parents, the Silent Generation, would listen to a guy in a white coat if he told them to put their heads in a vice to cure the sniffles.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:12 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The downfall of the medical industry as a whole will occur when the Millennials get older (thus requiring more medical attention) and realize 99% of health can be navigated via the Internet.

I'm a Gen Xer and Google-heal/prevent all the time. The only time i have to see a doctor is because of gov regulations not allowing me access to medicine and/or medical equipment. My parents, the Silent Generation, would listen to a guy in a white coat if he told them to put their heads in a vice to cure the sniffles.
How does government prevent you. And how do you have access to meds and equipment

Old 02-06-2016, 11:29 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
What a bunch of crap. There is no medical use for pot- NONE.
{snip}

You brag about your being treated for cancer, so I assume you've heard of Dronabinol. I have a close relative who is now using this because they are in their 4th chemo regimen in the past 2 years. Has done wonders to minimize the nausea and to increase appetite.

Yes, I know it's an extract, not your normal pot, but if pot were available they wouldn't need the extract. Have a nice day

Old 02-06-2016, 11:43 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Yeah, I used to think the same way until I had a minor heart attack, which led to open heart surgery (quad bypass). let me know how that do-it-yourself method works out for that.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:56 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,852,308 times
Things are different now. Youth, the Internet and Google know all and cure all...old folks just get dumber and sicker.

"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone." Oscar Wilde

Old 02-07-2016, 04:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
The investment overlords would have kept alcohol on the banned list along with cannabis because drunk or stoned workers are poor workers. The first are tolerated because the owners have figured out how to tolerate the drunks. They have not figured out how to keep the stoners productive or at least make them appear productive. You know the blue trousers, short sleeve shirts, short hair, no beards, a submissive attitude and obvious gratitude toward their employer. These are not the attitudes of people that have just enough MJ to realize that they are being played for fools. Their parents may not have seen it but they certainly do.

I think all the drugs should be available for the folks that either need them or just want them. Some addictions can be tolerated, some can be ended and some will kill the addict. We would have a lot less criminality if the drugs were not banned.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:22 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
What a bunch of crap. There is no medical use for pot- NONE.

When libs try the ruse of "medicinal pot" in an effort to gain legalization for pot, it is disingenuous and promotes a backlash at the tactic, not necessarily the goal. I really do not care if pot is legal; however, I find it academically fallacious and insulting when someone suggests that pot has "medicinal" benefits. If you want to get stoned, just say so. It is like Granny (from the Beverly Hillbillies) calling her moonshine "rheumatiz medicine".

Similarly, a goal of clean, alternative sources of energy to fossil fuels is a goal which most everyone agrees with. However, when an attempt to achieve that goal is made by perpetrating the lie of global warming, it detracts from the original goal and actually promotes opposition by those who react to the lie, not the initial premise.

Hey- get stoned if you want. Just don't call it "medicine". If it was "medicine", big pharma would grow it, package it, and sell it to the public for a profit. They have the "small" hurdles of the FDA and the burden of actual strong evidence to pull that off (not going to happen).

no they wouldn't not when the feds have it listed as a schedule 1 drug!!!! and not to mention they cant patent the plant itself.

its a good apatite enhancer. you going to deny that.? of course you would!!! you would recommend big pharma meds in its place!!

certain strains are good for a sleep aid. you going to deny that? of course you would!!! you would recommend big phama meds in its place!!

its kind of ironic that 80 percent of all the opiates manufactured by big pharma are taken by Americans, not to mention most other prescript meds are also taken by Americans. you docs must really love all those kickbacks you are getting from the big pharmas.. lot of quakes operation these days pushing drugs of all sorts just to line their pockets

Old 02-08-2016, 04:01 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Actually, the bottom line is that hawkeye has made you look like a fool. He has provided valid arguments, and your come back is to bray laughter like a donkey.

Not impressed.
Well hawkeye should be quite good at making people look like fools. He's had enough practice of being made a fool himself so many times on these forums it's bordering on pitiful. He's a far right wing hack who mysteriously vanishes from threads when asked to provide proof for the things he claims. Looks like the same thing is happening in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies