Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 07:28 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times

Advertisements

There is a difference between a bad habit and addiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 07:33 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
There is a difference between a bad habit and addiction.

to some one here if you drink one beer a month or smoke one joint a month you are an addict..

Old 02-02-2016, 07:45 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times
I guess I don't understand why your folks who want it legalized are wasting your time on C-D. (1) No one EVER changed their mind about ANYTHING based on a C-D forum discussion. (2) There is a clear path to legalization which starts with you putting down your weed and finding out how in your state you get it on the ballot. And then follow that path. (3) Organize your efforts, and raise enough money to get your view out to the so-called general public. (4) And if you can convince enough folks to agree, you win!

I'm an old conservative white guy who has never smoked pot but I voted for legalization when I lived in Florida. The issue failed though. Here in Hawaii, medical pot can be prescribed by some doctors, (once you apply to the state for their "get out of jail free" card) but there are no state approved dispensaries. And of course it is still against federal law.

The irony is that by spending your time on here instead of actually doing something you are reinforcing the stereotype of "lazy stoners".

ps - I'm retired so it's okay for me to spend all day on here.... totally different stereotype.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:37 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
I guess I don't understand why your folks who want it legalized are wasting your time on C-D. (1) No one EVER changed their mind about ANYTHING based on a C-D forum discussion.

You got that right!
Quote:
The irony is that by spending your time on here instead of actually doing something you are reinforcing the stereotype of "lazy stoners".

ps - I'm retired so it's okay for me to spend all day on here.... totally different stereotype.

I am self employed and spend most of my time on the computer anyway, but I agree that it is a waste of time anyway.

I used to feel that fighting the ignorance and agendas that some people have here was "actually doing something", but these days the futility of doing so is becoming more and more obvious.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:39 PM

30,069 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
I guess I don't understand why your folks who want it legalized are wasting your time on C-D. (1) No one EVER changed their mind about ANYTHING based on a C-D forum discussion. (2) There is a clear path to legalization which starts with you putting down your weed and finding out how in your state you get it on the ballot. And then follow that path. (3) Organize your efforts, and raise enough money to get your view out to the so-called general public. (4) And if you can convince enough folks to agree, you win!

I'm an old conservative white guy who has never smoked pot but I voted for legalization when I lived in Florida. The issue failed though. Here in Hawaii, medical pot can be prescribed by some doctors, (once you apply to the state for their "get out of jail free" card) but there are no state approved dispensaries. And of course it is still against federal law.

"Here in Hawaii............................................ .":smack :

Yes, Hawaii- the epicenter for American productivity and industry. Having been to Hawaii many times, I can honestly say that the only larger population of dependent bums I have ever witnessed was East St. Louis.

So......................... if you want to be a lazy, dependent, federal bum, Hawaii is a good place to start. The scenery is great, food is crap, and the service is marginal.

If you want to be a pot head- do so. However, do not ask me to pay for your housing, food, medical care, child care, ect....... due to your lack of personal responsibility and enthusiasm for being stoned.

Where I live, we have a strong Northern European work ethic. Most people would be ashamed to escape from reality, be stoned, ignore your responsibility to your family and nation, and depend on a bum's handout for existence. I would rather be dead than be a bum; I would be too ashamed. I have enough money to "retire", but value work and the example it sets to my children. If I retired, I would be somewhat ashamed that I was not contributing and working when I am able (keep in mind that I have survived two cancers and am undergoing treatment for a third, all the while working with a full time medical practice of 12 hours per day minimum, as well as call time).

I like reality, therefore, I need no escape. Try being close to death a few times (like I have, and am) and reality becomes the best thing ever- THE BEST THING EVER. Just appreciating EVERY MOMENT of "reality" is fantastic; driving to work you look around and enjoy the beauty of your surroundings and appreciate your family. If you are escaping from reality, you are embracing death and are just too stupid to understand it.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:36 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Alcohol brings about the beauty of dumbness.

Mushrooms can't get you there.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:15 PM

269 posts, read 178,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Alcohol brings about the beauty of dumbness.

Mushrooms can't get you there.
Totally!

They should have nightclubs that serve psychedelic mushrooms instead of booze. I bet there would be zero problems. Or even better yet, they should stop selling beer at pro sports games and replace it with tea brewed from kabenzi mushrooms. What possibly could go wrong?

Old 02-04-2016, 11:09 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Just because you are a fellow buckeye... OH! IO!

Sorry, fully decked in buckeye garb today
Gotta lov 'em. I still wear my "Woody" hat once in a while, even though no one knows what it stands for. Couple of older ladies did give me that sly little wink, though....

TBDBITL!!

And to get back to the original post, didja ever notice how much the Buckeye leaves look like, well, you know.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:56 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
Quote:
Gotta lov 'em. I still wear my "Woody" hat once in a while, even though no one knows what it stands for. Couple of older ladies did give me that sly little wink, though....

TBDBITL!!

And to get back to the original post, didja ever notice how much the Buckeye leaves look like, well, you know.
Why yes I have! Being that I live in Ky now, I get that all the time!

Old 02-06-2016, 10:54 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,180,483 times
MJ is much more powerful than it was when I was a kid. It's a tough choice for society. Do we need more people with medical problems from MJ smoking? Alcohol has created huge social and medical problems for society. All in all, society needs guard rails in order to survive. I don't think it's asking much for people not to smoke MJ or other drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies