Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 03:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

This has been covered here many, many, many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 03:36 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This has been covered here many, many, many times.
Nobody talks about transgenderism, at all. I don't understand it enough to comment on the bill, and I don't think that ignorance is entirely my fault. I hear of no perspectives of transgender people. I see none of their stories. The only place we see them is through parodies of them in movies.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:45 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Nobody talks about transgenderism, at all. I don't understand it enough to comment on the bill, and I don't think that ignorance is entirely my fault. I hear of no perspectives of transgender people. I see none of their stories. The only place we see them is through parodies of them in movies.
We've discussed this here many. many, many times. Just because you haven't read the threads doesn't mean they haven't been discussed.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:24 AM

I've heard it's .3%. I've heard rumors that it can be caused by men with ovaries or women with testes buried somewhere in their body. I've heard rumors that transitioning to/behaving like the sex they feel they are is helpful therapeutic treatment. Just because some things can be psychological problems doesn't mean we should ignore them. I've also heard rumors that transgender people have high suicide rates, so we should probably do something about that.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-15-2016 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 02-06-2016, 09:50 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
I've heard it's .3%. I've heard rumors that it can be caused by men with ovaries or women with testes buried somewhere in their body. I've heard rumors that transitioning to/behaving like the sex they feel they are is helpful therapeutic treatment. Just because some things can be psychological problems doesn't mean we should ignore them. I've also heard rumors that transgender people have high suicide rates, so we should probably do something about that.
A psychiatrist specializing in transgenders would need to find part time work.

Plenty of <1%ers out there with a variety of mental and physical issues and no legislation enacted.

Vets doing suicide at a greater rate than transgenders, why not focus the laser on this issue. Start with the failed volunteer army strategy that beats these guys to death.

So glad someone cares about the theoretical .00003% transgender vets. Too bad that wasn't a start to focus the laser as repeatedly promised by this sitting president, on VA problems. then again HRC claims there is no problem.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:46 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
No, they should something about it. Not society's problem. So until they figure who or what they are, they use the bathroom according to the equipment they have and stop asking for special priviledges.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:26 PM

After thinking about this more, I realize the bill is evil. It essentially forbids transgenders from using public restrooms. We must not screw a segment of society into the ground that much. If it said it was illegal for people with penises to expose themselves in women's restrooms, that would be understandable. If it said it was illegal for people with penises to enter women's locker rooms...that would be considerably more understandable than this. If it said men who are not transgenders could not enter women's restrooms, that would be understandable. This says that transgenders with female minds in male bodies cannot enter women's restrooms though, where they can poop and pee behind the closed door of a toilet stall. Nobody has to see anything that will offend them.

We need to tear this bill down and burn it. If you like the bill, you're probably a Muslim communist Satan worshipper who hates America and has a dream of eating a bald eagle.

I don't even care why people are transgender. The point is, some are. The full report of this link says an estimated .3% of adults are.

Even aside from that, why, as a guy, should I get fined $50 for using the women's restroom when the toilet in the men's restroom is coated in a thick layer of human feces or full of other men and the women's restroom is empty?

[MOD CUT/profanity]

There. That should get a conversation started.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-15-2016 at 08:02 AM..

Old 02-06-2016, 04:34 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
"Transgenderism" is another made-up term that signifies nothing.

One cannot change one's sex.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:52 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Restrooms and dressing/locker rooms are designed by the standard male/penis and female/vagina. It is that simple. If male or female doesn't get it, then just post a picture of a penis on one door and a vagina on another. With what kids see on TV today, even they'll figure it out.

I do not want a man that feels like a woman in the female/vagina restroom or locker/dressing room. Many of the times, the stall locks do not work and someone that is odd can peek through the large gap in the door. And, showers, come on, that is insane to think someone with a penis should be the women's shower room.

I have an adult son with Down syndrome who is 29 years old. As his mother, I would not take him in the women's restroom out of respect for the other women that might be in there. He is lower functioning which makes longer trips difficult because I don't like to stand right at, I mean right at, the men's restroom door if he has to go in so trips have to be planned ahead. I would think if we want to accommodate everyone that the men would not mind if I came in the restroom with my son or the women mind if I brought my son into the women's facilities. I would never ask for special accommodation unless there was no possible other choice as I expect others to do likewise. People would never believe how difficult it has been to work around having a pre-schooler in the body of an adult male. We do it.

Yes, that's me with my ear against the men's room door and if I hear a ruckus, I'm coming in. If you see a male in a dress enter the restroom behind me, expect a ruckus, I carry a stun gun.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Restrooms and dressing/locker rooms are designed by the standard male/penis and female/vagina. It is that simple. If male or female doesn't get it, then just post a picture of a penis on one door and a vagina on another. With what kids see on TV today, even they'll figure it out.

I do not want a man that feels like a woman in the female/vagina restroom or locker/dressing room. Many of the times, the stall locks do not work and someone that is odd can peek through the large gap in the door. And, showers, come on, that is insane to think someone with a penis should be the women's shower room.

I have an adult son with Down syndrome who is 29 years old. As his mother, I would not take him in the women's restroom out of respect for the other women that might be in there. He is lower functioning which makes longer trips difficult because I don't like to stand right at, I mean right at, the men's restroom door if he has to go in so trips have to be planned ahead. I would think if we want to accommodate everyone that the men would not mind if I came in the restroom with my son or the women mind if I brought my son into the women's facilities. I would never ask for special accommodation unless there was no possible other choice as I expect others to do likewise. People would never believe how difficult it has been to work around having a pre-schooler in the body of an adult male. We do it.

Yes, that's me with my ear against the men's room door and if I hear a ruckus, I'm coming in. If you see a male in a dress enter the restroom behind me, expect a ruckus, I carry a stun gun.
What about lesbians? Lesbians can use the women's restroom. They definitely have an attraction to women.

What makes sense, I think, is that if you look like a woman, you can use the women's restroom.

I agree that it sounds like a very bad idea to let someone with male genitalia into the women's showers...unless it's because they're transvestite or something, although maybe there could some situations where that could be acceptable. I don't know. I don't think about this very much.

This just smells to me like the same paranoia people had about homosexuals. As with them, I'm guessing the solution is to ignore it because it's not going to cause any real problems.

My concern is that we are thoroughly screwing a segment of the population, beyond how much you and you and your son get harmed. We are forcing them to change their identities. I see this as a problem not worth increased safety. We don't need to add any new laws. This would merely be not adding another law. If anything, through this law society is asking transgender people to change.

It'd seem like it'd be adding another layer of bureaucracy we've never needed before.

I don't like the idea of changing our laws in such a way as this that harms a people so dramatically. If we had a law from the beginning that said men and women must use the restroom of their genitalia, it would make more sense to keep it that way, but this is unfair. This seems like it's ripping the ground from beneath the feet of a group of people. It's too big of a change to make for so little gain, I think. (Although I could see making laws mandating you using the showers your genitalia imply.)

Also, I don't believe you'd expect people to attack a man in a dress in the women's restroom, so I'm not taking that comment seriously. If you're being serious, you should probably seek therapy for anger problems or something...because there will be someone who does that you might meet. They won't just be some fantasy in your mind. They'll be a real, flesh and blood, human being, and you're probably not going to do anything about it.

Last edited by Clintone; 02-15-2016 at 07:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies