Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 02:09 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,317,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
If you've ever served in the military, you'd know. We have guidance from General Officers and Flag Officers called "Rules of Engagement".

You can go back to your XBox now.
I served, U.S. Navy, 1969-1975. I don't own an x-box, I did have an Intellivision in the seventies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I can't verify this but, I know a lot to be true.

"[SIZE=2]What a former Navy SEAL had to say about it.[/SIZE]
> Matt Bracken's thoughts: "I rarely pull out my dusty old trident, but in this case, here goes. I was a Navy SEAL officer in the 1980s, and this kind of operation (transiting small boats in foreign waters) was our bread and butter. Today, these boats both not only had radar, but multiple GPS devices, including chart plotters that place your boat's icon right on the chart. The claim by Iran that the USN boats "strayed into Iranian waters" is complete bull$#it.
> For an open-water transit between nations, the course is studied and planned in advance by the leaders of the Riverine Squadron, with specific attention given to staying wide and clear of any hostile nation's claimed territorial waters. The boats are given a complete mechanical check before departure, and they have sufficient fuel to accomplish their mission plus extra. If, for some unexplained and rare circumstance one boat broke down, the other would tow it, that's why two boats go on these trips and not one! It's called "self-rescue" and it's SOP.
> This entire situation is in my area of expertise. I can state with complete confidence that both Iran and our own State Department are lying. The boats did not enter Iranian waters. They were overtaken in international waters by Iranian patrol boats that were so superior in both speed and firepower that it became a "hands up!" situation, with automatic cannons in the 40mm to 76mm range pointed at them point-blank. Surrender, hands up, or be blown out of the water. I assume that the Iranians had an English speaker on a loudspeaker to make the demand. This take-down was no accident or coincidence, it was a planned slap across America's face.
> Just watch. The released sailors will be ordered not to say a word about the incident, and the Iranians will have taken every GPS device, chart-plotter etc off the boats, so that we will not be able to prove where our boats were taken.
> The "strayed into Iranian waters" story being put out by Iran and our groveling and appeasing State Dept. is utter and complete BS from one end to the other." - Matt Bracken Share so others are aware.
Thank you for a serious and informative answer. You are the first one to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 02:22 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,812,328 times
Quote:
Who gave the order to our Sailors to stand down to the Iranians!
No one. The crew surrendered. It happens.

Did someone give an order to McCain to stand down to the Vietnamese?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-13-2016 at 02:33 PM..

Old 02-13-2016, 04:49 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,876,995 times
I thought in the Navy it was as follows in order of importance:

The Mission
The Crew
The Ship
The Captain, SNO

Old 02-13-2016, 04:52 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,383,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I thought in the Navy it was as follows in order of importance:

The Mission
The Crew
The Ship
The Captain, SNO
I thought.....

It's Where can you find pleasure, search the world for treasure
Learn science technology?
Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true
On the land or on the sea?
Where can you learn to fly, play in sports and skin dive
Study oceanography?
Sign off for the big band or sit in the grandstand
When your team and others meet

Old 02-13-2016, 04:53 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,876,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I thought.....

It's Where can you find pleasure, search the world for treasure
Learn science technology?
Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true
On the land or on the sea?
Where can you learn to fly, play in sports and skin dive
Study oceanography?
Sign off for the big band or sit in the grandstand
When your team and others meet
Unknown Village People chorus to a naval themed song?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies