Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 11:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don't have the link handy because I doubt the link exists anywhere but on Stormfront.

90% tax? Well, well....lookie here. Conservatives are all of a sudden huge advocates for tax hikes....

As long as some brown dude is sending away his money that he earned. If a corporation hides billions in some foreign country to avoid taxes, you same people will fall on your swords and DIE before you'd let a penny get taxed.
They did catch a few bodegas in NYC doing it but supposedly it was a small operation that got ended quickly according to the LE.
Just a one off they said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 11:56 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Latest figures available for 2014. $54 billion [over $1 billion a week] was transferred from people in the U.S. to people in other countries.
$25 billion to Mexico
$15 billion to China
$10 billion to India
$10 billion to Philippines
Others with high amounts of cash transfers- Vietnam, Nigeria, Guatemala, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Korea.
Most of the people sending the money are working minimum/low wage jobs but can send $54 billion to relatives and friends back home.

I read a few years ago that the remittance from the US to Mexico by Mexican laborers is Mexico's second largest income source after oil.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:58 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You're right. It's none of our business. But it is money that is not being spent in the US.

What workers are doing is sending money "home" that supports the budget of these countries as they do rely on remittance from the US.

So in effect workers in the US are supporting several countries, not just the US now.
You're right. I wholeheartedly agree.

However, you defend corporations offspring, sending jobs overseas, and moving money to other nations to avoid taxes.

But NOW you have a problem?

Old 02-25-2016, 12:01 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
You don't have the link handy because I doubt the link exists anywhere but on Stormfront.
I've never visited the Stormfront site. Apparently you and others who cite it frequently go there on a regular basis. Care to share some of what you're so interested in there, Mohammed?

No, I don't have it handy because I'm not at my home computer where I read the story, and because I didn't bookmark it as it was of no lasting interest having once read the story.

Quote:
As long as some brown dude is sending away his money that he earned. If a corporation hides billions in some foreign country to avoid taxes, you same people will fall on your swords and DIE before you'd let a penny get taxed.
If some "brown dude" (funny how you brought up the racial aspect first) LEGALLY earns money, and that includes his/her LEGAL presence in the country *AND* he/she pays taxes on that money, then there's no problem. And, yes, I'd tax his/her ass off if their loyalty is to another country above and beyond the US where they're earning the wages.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
You're right. I wholeheartedly agree.

However, you defend corporations offspring, sending jobs overseas, and moving money to other nations to avoid taxes.

But NOW you have a problem?
No I don't have a problem with it.

The money flowing out of the US is a consequence of our decisions.
The more immigrants, refugees and illegals we let in the more money will flow out.

The more money that flows out of the US and not spent here will affect our economy.

And it's happening at both ends..the top with companies leaving and at the bottom with the poor sending money back home.

In fact I've asked how come illegals can come here, find a job, have no benefits (government or employer based) and still manage to exist and send money home ?
Our poor cry that they can't find jobs and the welfare payments aren't enough.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:10 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Latest figures available for 2014. $54 billion [over $1 billion a week] was transferred from people in the U.S. to people in other countries.
$25 billion to Mexico
$15 billion to China
$10 billion to India
$10 billion to Philippines
Others with high amounts of cash transfers- Vietnam, Nigeria, Guatemala, El Salvador, Dominican Republic, Korea.
Most of the people sending the money are working minimum/low wage jobs but can send $54 billion to relatives and friends back home.
As long as the people doing so are here legally, and earned that money by legal means, I have no issue with that. If they are not here legally, the money should be seized, the same as other profits from crimes are. It can be used to offset a tiny portion of the costs associated with criminal aliens.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I've never visited the Stormfront site. Apparently you and others who cite it frequently go there on a regular basis. Care to share some of what you're so interested in there, Mohammed?

No, I don't have it handy because I'm not at my home computer where I read the story, and because I didn't bookmark it as it was of no lasting interest having once read the story.

If some "brown dude" (funny how you brought up the racial aspect first) LEGALLY earns money, and that includes his/her LEGAL presence in the country *AND* he/she pays taxes on that money, then there's no problem. And, yes, I'd tax his/her ass off if their loyalty is to another country above and beyond the US where they're earning the wages.
LOL..now you're getting patriotic ? That is so un-multicultural these days.

Come on down to Texas where the kids who live here say they are going "home" for Christmas and summer breaks (Mexico).

Old 02-25-2016, 12:26 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So are people really wanting the govrnment to dictate where and how people spend their own cash?
That seems to be the conservative view on this thread -- that people can't, for whatever reason, sent their money to someone else in another country.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:31 PM

I support "freedom" over government dictates.

Now if you want to stop the flow of money then curtail the importation of poor from third world/economically oppressed countries.

Just like I don't like the banks asking me what I plan to do with my money when I make big cash withdrawals.
I get snarky and tell them I'm seeding a new meth lab operation It's none of their business why I'm taking MY cash from their bank.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:34 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That seems to be the conservative view on this thread -- that people can't, for whatever reason, sent their money to someone else in another country.
No that's just your misguided perception because you cannot discuss the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies