Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2016, 10:24 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times

Advertisements

Europe should have stopped its integration at the old Common Market level. Never thought EU was a viable entity. It still doesn't make sense, as they painfully found out recently over border issues. Interestingly, Britain did not join the Common Market either. Not until 1973. Things have come full circle.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:24 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
You want to break up the U.S.? I live in Washington state, I would just suggest we join Canada and let the rest of the country fight it out. We have absolutely nothing in common with places like the South anyway.
I wouldn't mind forcing Detroit and Chicago to leave the U.S., the way Greece should have been forced to leave the EU. Greece is basically the Detroit of Europe, a black hole for taxpayers and contributes nothing in return.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:26 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
We have absolutely nothing in common with places like the South anyway.
I can assure you you can move down there, speak English, spend dollars and even send your kids to school. You can even read the road signs and watch movies, all in English.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:27 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Some things will start happening faster than you think. I work in the corporate world and this will impact their offices, their subsidiaries; for example London's strength in banking is due to their position in the EU. London will not have that strength moving forward, it will likely move to Germany. Then Britain is what? Now look at large companies with employees in Britain. Do they keep those employees or do they get rid of them? This was passed by the least educated.

And Scotland will likely go with the EU and ditch the UK.

Exactly. Scotland will join the EU and leave Britain by itself.
Yep and yep, Sea. These things aren't even debatable. They're obvious facts to those who have a modicum of understanding about the world we live in.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:27 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I wouldn't mind forcing Detroit and Chicago to leave the U.S., the way Greece should have been forced to leave the EU. Greece is basically the Detroit of Europe, a black hole for taxpayers and contributes nothing in return.
Actually if you are going to look at it based on cost, the South costs the US far more than it contributes.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:28 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
I will laugh at them when things turn to crap and many people start to regret it.

Stupid British.

When right wing fanatics win the result is always bad.
I guess you don't know what its like for people in working class British communities who must deal with the invasion of Eastern Europeans who steal jobs, drive down wages, and bring crime and drugs and suck the welfare system dry. I know what its like because i used to live in a part of the US where illegal Mexicans and Central Americans did the same.

And why should British taxpayers continue to subsidize Greece and the Muslim refugees that the EU is welcoming? Greece will never learn to manage its finances, and the Muslim refugees will keep on heading to Europe.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:28 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Lol.....these "professionals" sure have screwed things up.
You think we'd be in better shape if we let the amateurs handle ISIS? I disagree.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:29 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Keeping the pound...you know they always had one foot out the door.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:30 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I guess you don't know what its like for people in working class British communities who must deal with the invasion of Eastern Europeans who steal jobs, drive down wages, and bring crime and drugs and suck the welfare system dry. I know what its like because i used to live in a part of the US where illegal Mexicans and Central Americans did the same.

And why should British taxpayers continue to subsidize Greece and the Muslim refugees that the EU is welcoming? Greece will never learn to manage its finances, and the Muslim refugees will keep on heading to Europe.
This post is awesome.

Because in the 1990s, when I had a lot of time and opportunity to spend in Europe, Europeans from every country used to lambast the U.S. for "not being nicer or more supportive" to the illegal immigrants.

Yeah.

Now you get it?

Man. I wish I had those people's numbers today.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:32 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I can assure you you can move down there, speak English, spend dollars and even send your kids to school. You can even read the road signs and watch movies, all in English.
Haha as if I would live in the South. Get real. But I don't want to get off-topic which is countries breaking up. If the US broke up, we live so close to Canada I would hope we join them and let the rest of the country argue among themselves. For the UK, the least educated voted for this and don't realize what they have done to the strength of London's financial markets by removing their role in the EU. London is not the banking powerhouse if they're only the bank of the tiny UK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies