Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 04:27 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times

Advertisements

As illegal immigration is a large issue of this election. I have seen a lot of Democrats repeat Obama's lie that deportations are up under him.

This is a lie from Obama, to fool America into thinking that he has taken a tough stance on illegal immigration.

Obama is able to lie, as he has changed the definition of deportation to include anyone denied entry at the border, whereas past presidents did not consider those deportations. This inherently inflates his numbers higher. If a border agent turns away someone attempting to illegally enter from Mexico - they were "Deported!" If a drunk Canadian gets stopped in his car at the crossing - they were "Deported!" Someone gets denied entry to use an airline to fly into our country - they were "Deported!"

In fact, annual deportations have nearly been cut in half when looking at illegal immigrants that are settled here -- at the same time Obama has boasted about increasing deportations.

Clearly, Obama is trying to deceive the public as to what he is doing.

If you are repeating Obama's lie, please start telling the truth.

High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 08:04 AM

21,136 posts, read 19,722,567 times
The funny thing is that even though liberals believe his lies, they blame Republicans for being anti-immigrant.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:10 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Good old Harry Reid is busy introducing legislation to provide free legal aid to illegal immigrants that could face deportation: Senate Democrats Introduce Bill to Provide Free Lawyers to Illegals. Of course I would imagine that current Republican politicians would rubber stamp anything that will keep our borders open. This is all out of fear of Trump closing the border or deporting any illegals that are here.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:14 AM

21,136 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Good old Harry Reid is busy introducing legislation to provide free legal aid to illegal immigrants that could face deportation: Senate Democrats Introduce Bill to Provide Free Lawyers to Illegals. Of course I would imagine that current Republican politicians would rubber stamp anything that will keep our borders open. This is all out of fear of Trump closing the border or deporting any illegals that are here.
Interesting this is only for women and children. I guess Reid is a sexist.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:26 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
As illegal immigration is a large issue of this election. I have seen a lot of Democrats repeat Obama's lie that deportations are up under him.

This is a lie from Obama, to fool America into thinking that he has taken a tough stance on illegal immigration.

Obama is able to lie, as he has changed the definition of deportation to include anyone denied entry at the border, whereas past presidents did not consider those deportations. This inherently inflates his numbers higher. If a border agent turns away someone attempting to illegally enter from Mexico - they were "Deported!" If a drunk Canadian gets stopped in his car at the crossing - they were "Deported!" Someone gets denied entry to use an airline to fly into our country - they were "Deported!"

In fact, annual deportations have nearly been cut in half when looking at illegal immigrants that are settled here -- at the same time Obama has boasted about increasing deportations.

Clearly, Obama is trying to deceive the public as to what he is doing.

If you are repeating Obama's lie, please start telling the truth.

High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times
Nice of you to ignore the part where the illegals being turned away at the border have a record created with an official order of deportations. This means that they can be prosecuted should they be caught attempting to reenter at a later time. And prosecution of illegal immigrants is up 40% and the number of border patrol officers has tripled. So calling border turn aways, deportations is a legal thing.

One can quibble about not doing mass deportations, but it's disingenuous to prepend that the policy change hasn;t been effective or punitive to illegals.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Interesting this is only for women and children. I guess Reid is a sexist.

Not really. I think he is simply playing the numbers and playing to his special interest. Las Vegas is about entertainment; they need cheap maids. While his Party talks about raising the minimum wage; they want to keep under the table cheap labor available to their friends. By stating that this legislation is for women and children; he can get the sympathy from some sections of the public + the kids will grow up to garden or do maid work!

Of course, what is not mentioned in this proposed legislation, is how much it will cost the legal taxpayers of this Country! Legal representation is not cheap and when you think of the numbers; they would reach deep into the overburdened taxpayer wallets.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:02 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Default Deportations are NOT up under Obama

Neither are exportations.

Neither are expectations.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:15 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The funny thing is that even though liberals believe his lies, they blame Republicans for being anti-immigrant.

Obviously because they know it is a lie. Libs want illegals (for some strange reason) and are opposed to enforcement of immigration laws.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Neither are exportations.

Neither are expectations.

I don't know how many others see what I am seeing? I live 2,000 miles from the Mexican border. I do live in an area that caters to tourism. I am also 69 and have watched my area change. When I was young we had one or two minority students in my classrooms. Today the racial makeup has drastically changed and I am not against change. But, when I go to the supermarket; I hear more Spanish than English (not all the time).

I am not blaming just Obama; the Republicans have done everything in their power to keep our borders open and have rubber stamped many of Obama's policies. What I do think is not right is that we help those that break our laws more than we help those that obey our law. It takes money and many times years to legally come into our Country and gain citizenship. The people that went through the hurdles then sit back and watch us hand the key to the city to those that ignored our laws. Plus; we give financial aid to those that did not earn our help! Many times the legal immigrants watch the illegal ones take their jobs.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:14 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obviously because they know it is a lie. Libs want illegals (for some strange reason) and are opposed to enforcement of immigration laws.

Nothing strange about it. Libs have bleeding hearts with misplaced compassion. If they are also Democrats they are pandering for the present and future Hispanic vote. Money, power and votes means more to them than our own law abiding citizen's needs. The Democrats are just as guilty of desiring the cheap, illegal labor also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies