Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 11:29 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
That is simply because one is privatized, and because of that the money is much better scrutinized, and more wisely spent. While the other is government run, and the money far more easily wasted. Also, one has to be competitive while the other, being socialized, does not.
Bingo!

Old 03-21-2016, 11:35 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Invalid comparison. The store still takes in a profitable revenue, just as the federal government continues to collect over $3 trillion/year in federal income tax revenue from legally owed tax payments.
Yep - revenue w/ agreed-to losses factored-in.

You're getting there.

Quote:
The main difference between tax expenditures and regular government spending is that under the tax expenditure approach, instead of the government sending out a check to the recipient, the recipient pays less in tax. For example, a government could create a direct spending program to subsidize windmill construction. Or, instead, it could off er a tax expenditure that lets companies building windmills reduce their taxes by exactly the same amount. In theory, it doesn’t matt er whether a government uses direct spending or a tax expenditure to achieve a policy goal. In either case, the windmill subsidy program will (in theory) have to compete with other government spending priorities when the government makes its budget decisions.
Tax Expenditures: Spending By Another Name

Old 03-21-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Yep - revenue w/ agreed-to losses factored-in.
PROFITABLE revenue. Meaning a positive, not a negative balance. There was no loss.

Expenditure = amount of money spent. The federal government's collection of over $3 trillion in owed income tax revenue is NOT a government expenditure.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:56 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Homelessness is not a problem unless there is an approaching election and our politicians want to be perceived as 'caring'.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:57 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
Quote:
PROFITABLE revenue. Meaning a positive, not a negative balance. There was no loss.

Expenditure = amount of money spent. The federal government's collection of over $3 trillion in owed income tax revenue is NOT a government expenditure.
I've provided plenty of documentation on how expenditures act as spending.

From you? Argumentum ad nauseam and staunch disbelief.

I'm sorry you don't understand this most basic concept of our tax code.

Since you feel so strongly that expenditures don't act as spending, I look forward to any links supporting this laughable assumption.

Repeating "No it's not" doesn't really cover it. Cheers.....

Old 03-21-2016, 12:39 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Sure it is. You're assuming the government is spending its own money when x person pays $15 in income tax instead of $25 (hypothetical), when in reality, the government spent no money in the process of people keeping more of what they themselves have earned via labor or taking an investment risk.
Your example is completely off! Jesus, how many times does it need to be explained to you?!!

Using your example, X person pays, say, $80 to Y, and gets a $10 tax break. That $10 is from the government via person X.

Read carefully: only the $10 out of the $80 you spend is tax expenditure; because it is the government paying Y via you. For some very odd reason, you keep insisting we are saying ALL $80 and ALL the money X makes belong to the government (silly).

This has reached ridiculous level now. I asked you before and I'll ask again, is this typical of your learning ability?

Last edited by beb0p; 03-21-2016 at 01:00 PM..

Old 03-21-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:

Black students' basic math proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 7%
Basic reading proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 16%

Are Blacks inherently less intelligent than everyone else? I don't think so. Or are Democrats insisting on keeping them trapped in subpar public schools to keep teachers unions happy? Think very carefully about how Dems only care about teachers unions' donations and votes, and don't give a sh*t about kids and their future.
Democrats have that much power to send all the Blacks kids to subpar schools? And I thought there is this thing called school district.

Quote:
And for those who think American millennials with college degrees, and even post grad degrees are adequately educated...
US Millennials Post Abysmal Scores in Thinking Abilities, Math, Literacy, and Technological Problem-Solving
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...foreign-peers/

If it takes weeks and numerous posts just to explain one single simple tax code (and the person still doesn't get it), maybe some of the problems lie with the people. Just saying.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
What liberals refuse to accept is the FACT the government produces NOTHING. It simply consumes other peoples money. And because of that they cannot, "give" anything to anyone, unless they first take it away from someone else.

Right, it's called taxes.

What do you mean, "liberal refuse to accept...????" Any liberals you know refuse to accept taxes??? What a stupid idea.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
I've provided plenty of documentation on how expenditures act as spending.
Expenditure IS spending. Taxes not owed to the government are NOT government expenditures. Government expenditures are refilling food stamp benefits cards every month, paying government contractors for goods and services rendered, etc.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Your example is completely off! Jesus, how many times does it need to be explained to you?!!
How do you NOT get that money not owed to a payee is NOT the payee's expenditure.

I already gave you an example...
Quote:
We're talking about money that ISN'T owed in taxes. Somehow, people have been duped into believing that the money one doesn't owe in taxes is somehow an expenditure by the payee (the government).

That's like saying I had a $200,000 "expenditure" because the person who paid me to fix their computer paid me the $50 contractual (and therefore LEGAL) labor charge instead of the $200,050 I think I should have been paid. Of course, that isn't true. I didn't really have a $200,000 expenditure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies