Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2016, 07:46 AM

228 posts, read 112,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
You most certainly are not, but I'm sure you're having fun.
Its funny that people think I am joking. Couldnt be any further from the truth.

I am pretty draconic and extreme individual when it comes to certain things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 08:20 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
My stance? Fat old men in govt office and religious extremists need to let women deal with their own bodies. A fetus is not a person until the brain is developed and the baby can survive outside the womb on it's own and abortion should be allowed to that point.
Just like "Fat old men and religious extremists" don't get to decide what a woman can do with her body, you don't get to decide when a person is a person.

I'm neither fat nor a religious extremist, in fact I am a scientist and I know that it is at conception that a human life begins. Abortion ends that life, therefore abortion is killing a human life. Any other interpretation of when a human life begins is either astonishing ignorance or self delusion.

Once a woman becomes pregnant, she becomes the caretaker of another human life. She is the shelterer and the nurturer of that life, that life is completely dependent on that woman.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I am vehemently FOR it.

vehemently
adjective ve·he·ment \ˈvē-ə-mənt
Simple Definition of vehement
: showing strong and often angry feelings : very emotional

Yep, this about sums it up. No need to use the gray matter when emotions can drive the conversation.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:32 AM

228 posts, read 112,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Just like "Fat old men and religious extremists" don't get to decide what a woman can do with her body, you don't get to decide when a person is a person.

I'm neither fat nor a religious extremist, in fact I am a scientist and I know that it is at conception that a human life begins. Abortion ends that life, therefore abortion is killing a human life. Any other interpretation of when a human life begins is either astonishing ignorance or self delusion.

Once a woman becomes pregnant, she becomes the caretaker of another human life. She is the shelterer and the nurturer of that life, that life is completely dependent on that woman.
Not her body. Its the baby's body that just so happens to be inside the mother. Two bodies joined together.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:33 AM

854 posts, read 586,198 times
Quote:

Right, and it is precisely because it is completely dependent on HER and only her that it has all the legal rights of a parasite on a federal level and she is not legally beholden to it protect its life in any. There is no law on the books that says that a woman has to be the caretaker of a life even when it's OUTSIDE of her body; that is why we have safe houses.

Parasites are dependent on a specific host. Babies and infants may be dependent for survival, but not on a specific person. A fetus is therefore not a baby.

Abortion is legal. Even when you take away clean and monitored facilities, you still fail to prevent abortions. Why? For a simple reason: it is her body. All human beings have sovereignty over their own bodies. It is a law of nature.

Last edited by torontocheeka; 03-20-2016 at 08:53 AM..

Old 03-20-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
Right, and it is precisely because it is completely dependent on HER and only her that it is legally a parasite and she is not legally beholden to it protect its life in any way until it is viable.

Parasites are dependent on a specific host. Babies and infants may be dependent for survival, but not on a specific person. A fetus is therefore not a baby.

Abortion is legal. Even when you take away clean and monitored facilities, you still fail to prevent abortions. Why? For a simple reason: it is her body. All human beings have sovereignty over their own bodies. It is a law of nature.
I'm not for outlawing abortion for the simple fact that women will still seek them.

Btw, can you show me any legal literature that describes a fetus as a parasite? I would love to see what moronic legislature compares a gestating fetus to a botfly.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:58 AM

It's fairly interesing to me that it is conservative men in conservative states who will increasingly end up like Leonardo DiCaprio at the end of Revolutionary Road; sitting on a bench, contemplating their dead wife who bled out from a hanger-induced abortion.

Meanwhile, liberal men living in states where abortion clinics are not under attack, their wives will just continue to live and be their wives, as they do now with their higher lifespans on average.

Well, one reaps what one sows. Perhaps it is for the best. I don't really care what happens to women in Oklahoma anyway, it's a backwards state.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I'm not for outlawing abortion for the simple fact that women will still seek them.

Btw, can you show me any legal literature that describes a fetus as a parasite? I would love to see what moronic legislature compares a gestating fetus to a botfly.

Precisely, women will always seek them. You either address it like all other first-world countries, or you address it like women address it in Congo. It's a simple matter of pragmatism.

A fetus legally has no more rights than a parasite, is what I modified my comment to say (before I had read your reply).

Further, if you are a scientist as you claim (and let's face it, people make all sorts of claims on the internet), then you should be aware that the medical term for miscarriage is in fact missed abortion. The most common reason for miscarriage is chromosomal abnormalities. The human body has all the regard for a first trimester fetus that US federal law does, literally aborting it simply because it's defective and not good enough in as many as 25% of pregnancies. That's pretty funny to me.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:15 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times
I don't see anything wrong with abortion.
Woman's right to decide.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:49 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
LOL, good job trolling, Medellin Paisa. It's been an entertaining read.
Lol, right? Too funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies