Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2016, 07:41 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,628,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Or the one needing the diaper change.

Not sure how that helps the discussion.

The point is they will need the help of someone younger when they are old. That younger someone will be one of the children they're complaining about today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 07:55 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,699,879 times
Quote:
That's fine. Can we set some standards that each child should meet then? Shouldn't we all have a say as how you should raise your children?

Society is a big organism but you shouldn't forcefully pass your responsibility onto others.

I suppose you want a say in the curriculum taught in your school system and the books maintained in the local library, since your tax dollars go towards both.

Perhaps insurance rates should be based on lifestyle so those of us who eat right, maintain a trim, fit body, don't smoke, and get enough sleep, don't want to pay for the illnesses and diseases incurred by people who don't exercise, eat processed foods or smoke.

Sorry, but the world doesn't operate the way you wish it would. In the end, nobody is getting cheated. The working mom most likely isn't being paid or uses her vacation time when she needs to take time off, worries about losing her job, may possibly lose her job, and the overweight stagnant people will suffer from health problems and may die early deaths.

Lucky them.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:18 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,625,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Most people don't raise children on taxpayers' money. How productive and responsible can a person be if he/she/ze/it is seeping all day, using drugs, and drinking? It's none of the OP's business if other people have kids, yet he/she/ze/it made a ranting topic about it.
Most people raise children by using taxpayers' money. For example, they take deductions for their children.

It's none of my business whether or not you have children or how you raise your children as long as taxpayers' money, which includes my money, is not being used to raise them. When it is, I have every right to rant.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:21 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,443,188 times
Can you at least admit the improper use of "us" in the title? The correct word is "we".

Which sounds correct:

Can we admit us have an advantage?

Can we admit we have an advantage?

Old 03-27-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I suppose you want a say in the curriculum taught in your school system and the books maintained in the local library, since your tax dollars go towards both.

Perhaps insurance rates should be based on lifestyle so those of us who eat right, maintain a trim, fit body, don't smoke, and get enough sleep, don't want to pay for the illnesses and diseases incurred by people who don't exercise, eat processed foods or smoke.

Sorry, but the world doesn't operate the way you wish it would. In the end, nobody is getting cheated. The working mom most likely isn't being paid or uses her vacation time when she needs to take time off, worries about losing her job, may possibly lose her job, and the overweight stagnant people will suffer from health problems and may die early deaths.

Lucky them.
Public school yes but not really care about public library. Public libraries benefit us as a whole because anyone of us can go to the library.

Insurance companies do charge more for smokers, don't you know that?

I came from a country where maternity leave is 1 year. I have a friend and she had 3 babies 3 years in a roll. She took off a year each time, went back to work, got pregnant again and again took off a year. In that country, unemployment, aka taxpayers, pays the maternity leave but that unemployment doesn't pay me if I decide to quit the job just for my own enjoyment.

I don't advocate from one extreme to another but I do like to see people take up their own responsibilities or at least admit it is morally wrong.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:20 AM

1,504 posts, read 855,518 times
People who remove themselves from the gene pool are wise...they know who they are and we do not need anymore people generated by those who know their own weakness as far as intergenerational survivalists....I am fine with the child free sect....I did my breeding and added some great people to this miserable world.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:22 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,642,028 times
Quote:
Public school yes but not really care about public library. Public libraries benefit us as a whole because anyone of us can go to the library.

Insurance companies do charge more for smokers, don't you know that?

I came from a country where maternity leave is 1 year. I have a friend and she had 3 babies 3 years in a roll. She took off a year each time, went back to work, got pregnant again and again took off a year. In that country, unemployment, aka taxpayers, pays the maternity leave but that unemployment doesn't pay me if I decide to quit the job just for my own enjoyment.

I don't advocate from one extreme to another but I do like to see people take up their own responsibilities or at least admit it is morally wrong.
Is your beef with those that game the system, or everyone that gets child tax credits? Since all taxpayers are paying for both.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
Is your beef with those that game the system, or everyone that gets child tax credits? Since all taxpayers are paying for both.
Do you think putting a gun on other people's heads and forcing them to pay for your own children is a right and moral thing to do?

Old 03-28-2016, 07:52 AM

31,846 posts, read 17,699,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
This poster doesn't even want people to get maternity/paternity leave, saying the taxpayers foot the bill in government agencies and the consumers eat it in private companies.

Some people are just born to feel cheated.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:00 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,663,239 times
Quote:
Do you think putting a gun on other people's heads and forcing them to pay for your own children is a right and moral thing to do?
Yes.
Because we live in a society and the society has interest in having new generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies