Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 03:40 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
First of all, yes, only a redneck or possibly a ghetto rat who crawled out of a slum. I'm glad you recognize it.

Second of all, assuming you're a man (I can't be sure, you seem rather insecure and threatened, are you a man?), would you really be gravely uncomfortable with this former woman being in a locker room with you?

http://transvalid.org/wp-content/uploads/shawn1.png
Pointless

Old 04-06-2016, 03:54 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you were not actively trying to see other people's girl parts. We're also talking about locker rooms and showers. Now it's possible that you've never seen anyone else's girl parts there either, but once again -- you probably weren't actively trying to.
There are voyeurism laws already in place. It doesn't matter the sex of the person peeping it's the peeping that is illegal. A woman peeping in the ladies room would be in violation of the law just like a man doing the same would, cis gender or transgender doesn't matter it's the action of peeping that is illegal.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:11 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There are voyeurism laws already in place. It doesn't matter the sex of the person peeping it's the peeping that is illegal. A woman peeping in the ladies room would be in violation of the law just like a man doing the same would, cis gender or transgender doesn't matter it's the action of peeping that is illegal.
Yes and you've already had numerous instances of men dressing up like women and going into the ladies room/locker room/showers -- back when it was completely illegal for them to do so -- in order to sneak pictures and videos of everything. It used to be that having male genitalia was enough evidence that you were up to no good, got you tossed out, and resulted in legal action. Now all the pervs have to do is claim that they're transgender. I can see it now. "I must have accidentally left the camera running on my phone. Sorry about that." That sort of thing. From now on, you probably have to actually prove in court that a man is not transgender. It's going to be harder to catch and prosecute the perverts from now on.

But hey, we're politically correct! What could possibly be more important than that?

Old 04-06-2016, 04:34 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
It's not cartoonishness, it's an accurate depiction of what these people are like.
Your stereotyping is very similar to the type of rhetoric used by the KKK and Nazis.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:19 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Yes and you've already had numerous instances of men dressing up like women and going into the ladies room/locker room/showers -- back when it was completely illegal for them to do so -- in order to sneak pictures and videos of everything. It used to be that having male genitalia was enough evidence that you were up to no good, got you tossed out, and resulted in legal action. Now all the pervs have to do is claim that they're transgender. I can see it now. "I must have accidentally left the camera running on my phone. Sorry about that." That sort of thing. From now on, you probably have to actually prove in court that a man is not transgender. It's going to be harder to catch and prosecute the perverts from now on.

But hey, we're politically correct! What could possibly be more important than that?
I'm sure the court is going to buy the story that someone just happened to leave their phone recording propped up in such a way that looks into another stall or dressing area.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:30 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Your stereotyping is very similar to the type of rhetoric used by the KKK and Nazis.
The government of NC is the one acting like the KKK right now.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:31 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I can also end my PayPal services since they are OK with putting women and children at risk from predators.
What really puts them at more risk? Letting transgendered "women" into the ladies' room or forcing someone who looks like this:

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/25/1130518...r-bathroom-law

To use the ladies' room?

Someone who looks like a lady using the ladies' room - how are you ever going to know it's a guy? You going to do an equipment check before they walk in there?

Old 04-06-2016, 08:49 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,083,605 times
Paypal does business in countries that jails/executes gays/transgender but they have a problem with who can use a bathroom in NC.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:01 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
So you're ok with discriminating against gays and transsexuals?

I would bet the vast majority of Paypal's customers are against discrimination..
I don't think I know anyone who has ever used PayPal.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:47 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That's a bit silly. In a public locker room or shower area, what constitutes "peeping"? Do you really think any adult man that claims to feel like a woman for a while should be able to shower or change with teenage or younger girls?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies