Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 07:11 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I don't believe in discriminating against gays. The only exception I'd make is that Pastors should not be forced to marry them. We all sin, but just like with fornication, homosexuality is not okay. I'm sick of it being promoted as an "alternative lifetsyle", as if the lingo makes it okay. Like any sin you or I commit, it needs to be repented of. Of course, if one buys into the lie that it's not a sin- no need to repent. We can all justify our behavior by pointing the finger at God or His followers, anything to avoid looking in the mirror and taking personal responsibility for our choices- right?
Believing in Christianity is a multitude of sins. When will you repent? I'm sick of it being promoted as "another religion." Of course, if one buys into the lie that it's not a sin - no need to repent. What does your Rabbi have to say about it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 07:29 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you kidding. Human rights will always trump religion as it should be.
Have you read the First Amendment? Where are human rights listed?

Old 04-14-2016, 07:41 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Have you read the First Amendment? Where are human rights listed?
Do you believe that the 1st amendment is an absolute right?

Old 04-14-2016, 07:45 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So you are against the civil right act?

When it is direct conflict with the Bill of Rights, yes.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Instead of investing money to help people, these wealthy celebrities are turning their backs on the communities they say need protection.

I posted this on another thread, but it's what I've been talking about here. I always liked Cyndi Lauper!

Cyndi Lauper — I'm Fighting Anti-LGBT Laws in My Own Way | BiznessWeb: Last News in on place updated every hour

"Cyndi tells TMZ she will donate all profits from her June 4th show in Raleigh to Equality North Carolina — an organization fighting to get HB2 overturned. She says, “I think the best way I can do my part is to turn my show into an entire day to build public support to repeal HB2.” Her manager and agent will also donate their commissions."

People should show their support by showing up, not running away.

People are free to show their support for equality in any way they choose. I would suppose that the artists/entertainers choose the route they feel will be most effective to remedy the issue.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:50 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do you believe that the 1st amendment is an absolute right?
Is it not the first in the Bill of Rights?

Are any of these rights absolute? Or abridged?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:56 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
But here's the thing, how do you know someone is gay? Women kiss on the cheek and call friends "girlfriend" so does that instantly mean they are lipstick lesbians, bi-curious, bisexual or pansexual? I have no problem allowing businesses to refuse business if you are a real threat to the business but is being homosexual a threat to your business unless you fear fire bombings like businesses that thought races were equal got in the 1960's? When you enter the business world you accept the risk of having to serve sinners with your deep religious convictions unless you entirely brand yourself as a religious option. Chick-fil-a is one. I chose not go to it despite the good food due to the comments the boss made about homosexuals some 4 years ago. I understand that is his belief, BUT I don't believe they are sinners based on what the good book says. Even those who break a commandment can ask for penance from God (and Jesus.) How many murderers do you see find God in prison, quite a bit. I don't see how anyone in their right mind can say they'd serve a murderer before a homosexual. Me, I'd serve them both. Their money is as good as a man of the cloth.

So on the anniversary of the killings you would make celebratory "I Got Away With It!" cake for OJ because his money is a good as anyone else's?

Old 04-14-2016, 08:02 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
Why just homosexuality? Why not refuse to serve an adulterer or fornicater? Why stop at just homosexuality? Refuse service to anyone you deem a sinner or any race you deem unequal. Quit using religion and just state your a bigot.
'You're'

The answer to your question is one of identification. How does one spot an adulterer or fornicator? For that matter, how does one identify a gay person?

The media seems to miss all of this when they advance the notion that "Gays will not be served". It gets a little easier when Paul and John apply for a marriage license, but even then the law says that the government must provide the service although every government employee does not have to.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:06 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Wait... you mean contradictory to what Obama and liberals/Dems are constantly telling us, Muslims are NOT a religion of peace?

No, I mean Muslim radicals are far from the only religious zealots who cherry pick what parts of their religious texts of choice they choose to believe and act according to.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:19 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Instead of investing money to help people, these wealthy celebrities are turning their backs on the communities they say need protection.

I posted this on another thread, but it's what I've been talking about here. I always liked Cyndi Lauper!

Cyndi Lauper — I'm Fighting Anti-LGBT Laws in My Own Way | BiznessWeb: Last News in on place updated every hour

"Cyndi tells TMZ she will donate all profits from her June 4th show in Raleigh to Equality North Carolina — an organization fighting to get HB2 overturned. She says, “I think the best way I can do my part is to turn my show into an entire day to build public support to repeal HB2.” Her manager and agent will also donate their commissions."

People should show their support by showing up, not running away.
There is more than one way to protest. Cyndi Lauper is doing it one way. Another way is for celebrities to stay away, in the hope that the people who lose money will pressure the legislature to repeal the law. Both are legitimate and both can be effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies