Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 08:33 AM

28,975 posts, read 30,351,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Well I knew that you'd get slammed
for posting actual LOGIC......
Liberals don't ever understand logic, creme.

Ignore their rants

Springsteen sucks for being
such a hypocrite....
I don't really care, a person who is unable to consider another person's point of view, is not worth time or energy...and that goes for politics as well...
Unfortunately, our whole world is being turned around to corruption by money....and yes, votes are money to many politicians. I cannot believe how corrupt, and distorted our laws are...we have become dangerously vulnerable to corruption, lies and lawlessness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 08:34 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,428,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
...and if you think it's ok to put others in harms way, due to this, and call my post a tantrum, then you have no conscience for the innocence of children...
Charlotte is not the first place to put these laws into place. Do you have any stats to demonstrate that ordinances/laws like the one the Charlotte City Council voted for have resulted in higher rates of crime related to bathrooms/locker rooms?

Old 04-20-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You do understand the difference between gay and transgender, yes? Gay people have NOTHING to do with this bathroom kerfuffle.
Of course I do

I was just saying....

My belief is, and always will be this....

if you have the plumbing of a man, you use a man's restroom and if you have the plumbing of a woman, you use the woman's bathroom.

Very few people go thru the complete sex change...but if they do, then so be it...

Old 04-20-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Of course I do

I was just saying....

My belief is, and always will be this....

if you have the plumbing of a man, you use a man's restroom and if you have the plumbing of a woman, you use the woman's bathroom.

Very few people go thru the complete sex change...but if they do, then so be it...

Fair enough, but you also recognize saying "I have gay friends and they're wonderful" in this scenario is the equivalent of saying "I know redheaded people and they're all great.". Right?

For bathrooms, this is a non-issue, honestly. As has been discussed, ad nauseum, in these two threads - transgendered people that have all the outward appearance of a man/woman have been and will continue to use the bathroom that their appearance/identity reflects without issue. There's no one doing any inspections prior to using the bathroom.

Even locker rooms are no guarantee of full nudity, so in most of THOSE situations it will continue to happen as it has been happening in the past.

5,821 posts, read 5,312,309 times
Quote:
No, its something I refuse to accept or get over.....
I have gay friends, they are great human beings....
however, we here in America were not raised to have co-ed bathrooms
I suppose, places in Europe does....and they are accustomed to it.

and if you think it's ok to put others in harms way, due to this, and call my post a tantrum, then
you have no conscience for the innocence of children.

being sexually abused or raped is not a simple little tantrum....it is real, so may I suggest, that you get over it....just for a moment and consider the feelings of others....

sometimes you can't have it both ways, other times you can...this situation, is so totally wrong, and goes against the beliefs of others, just b/c someone thinks they are a woman instead of a man...or visa versa....

you want to be gay, fine, it is none of my business what you do in the bedroom....however, when you implement or try to implement your beliefs on someone else, you are taking their rights away also....
their right to privacy....that is why a men's and ladies room was invented.
Articulate, well thought out, and with feeling. I agree wholeheartedly. I don't see how anyone could disagree. They are your feelings, and your honest opinion.

As far as I am concerned, it's only North Carolinian's business anyway.

17,273 posts, read 9,588,220 times
Quote:
I'm not a con, I'm an independent, and have voted for dems up until four years ago...because I believed...however, the Republicans are no better either....

I'm a woman, FYI, and proud of it, however, if you refuse to see even a small portion of my post as being somewhat legit, then there is no use, continuing...

I'm not deflecting, at all...once again, if the man has a vagina, then he should be using the woman's bathroom....

you got it, Great!!!!
Uh huh. So, if that guy or Buck Angel walked into the women's bathroom, you & your daughter would have NO reaction, NO issue, would NOT question that there was a man in the women's bathroom. Is that so? Here's the thing, I don't believe you. At. All. You will NEVER know if that person is actually a man or if they have a vagina. Never. You will never ask to see their genitals. Never. So basically, your little explanation is a joke & you know it. End of story.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:43 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,194,960 times
Quote:

and if you think it's ok to put others in harms way, due to this, and call my post a tantrum, then

being sexually abused or raped is not a simple little tantrum....it is real, so may I suggest, that you get over it....just for a moment and consider the feelings of others....

sometimes you can't have it both ways, other times you can...this situation, is so totally wrong, and goes against the beliefs of others, just b/c someone thinks they are a woman instead of a man...or visa versa....

you want to be gay, fine, it is none of my business what you do in the bedroom....however, when you implement or try to implement your beliefs on someone else, you are taking their rights away also....
1. Being gay is not the same as being transgender
2. Neither one has anything to do with men assaulting or raping women
3. Your home bathroom is a co-ed bathroom
4. What someone has between their legs is none of your business
5. Nobody is trying to change your beliefs or take away your rights
6. I hope you find peace

Old 04-20-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
...As far as I am concerned, it's only North Carolinian's business anyway.

Using that same logic, could one not also argue that it was "only Charlotte's business, anyway" and that the State had no right stepping in?

17,273 posts, read 9,588,220 times
Quote:

Hahahaha, oh man. This post right here just totally discredited you. Congrats on not understanding the difference between gay & transgender. Oh man, I gotta spread the word about this post. Too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Articulate, well thought out, and with feeling. I agree wholeheartedly. I don't see how anyone could disagree. They are your feelings, and your honest opinion.

As far as I am concerned, it's only North Carolinian's business anyway.
yes, well, buddy5, right now it IS only North Carolinian's business, however, I don't want it to become my business, what affects them will eventually affect me....and my children so.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies