Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 09:17 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,289,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
The fact that Shawn Stinson CHOOSES to remain intersex (which is what this person is, because women don't desire to have male genitals) is on Shawn, not the 99.99% of society recognizes biological reality. People have to accept that their outer appearance has consequences. Obviously Shawn would go unnoticed using the men's room. Not comparable to the many male-looking MTF intersex people with male genitals.
This is a friend of mine who has presented as a woman for ten years, but is still physically male because she hasn't been able to save enough for the operation yet (North of $100,000). She uses the women's restroom wherever she is, and has never had anyone pay any attention, including our mutual female friends. She's one of the girls.

Should she have to use the men's room? Under N.C. law she would.
Attached Thumbnails
Bruce Springsteen cancels NC concert over anti-bias law-12341336_10153249199202196_3486499263283675628_n.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It isn't about being homophobic...it's about men coming into the ladies room and using the room....
I have a friends whose brother is a transgender...however, I wouldn't want him sitting in the bathroom next to me, and he is all for this...I am not....

If you can't understand, that this opens the door for other men to dress up like women and walk into the bathrooms, then I'm sorry but your not being fair and open minded to what could happen.....plus, I want my right to privacy, I have a hard enough time using the rest room even if other women are in there....

unless it's urgent...

you have to understand, it's not our culture....it is wrong to push that on someone.....

if you like walking around nude, fine, go to a nudist colony, however, don't force it on every one and their children.

There is another solution to this...make a transgender bathroom, for those who want to use it....

If companies had to make 3 different bathrooms, I'm certain, they'd think twice about this.....
What has been stopping them up to this point? The sign on the bathroom door...?

You'd be amazed at how many times you have shared a public restroom with a transsexual. Unless you have different information, nothing of consequence happened because of it, except that everyone took a pee and felt better.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
These laws are NOT about protecting anyone. They are about punishing those who have the gall (or more precisely, the balls) to go against Religious Extremist beliefs. After the first few arrests are thrown out and big payouts are awarded in lawsuits, the SCOTUS will eventually rule that the laws are unconstitutional and the march for equality will move on the the next set of idiotic laws.
The Fourth Circuit has already handed down that decision. SCOTUS coming up.

In the meantime, N.C. is due to lose billions in Title IX funds, thanks to Pat McCrory and all the other homophobes who voted for this ridiculous law.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:37 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,453,781 times
It just occurred to me ... shouldn't Bruce's agent be pessed at him? Doesn't he get a commission from the proceeds?

Just wondering.

El Nox

Old 04-21-2016, 10:53 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,366,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What has been stopping them up to this point? The sign on the bathroom door...?

You'd be amazed at how many times you have shared a public restroom with a transsexual. Unless you have different information, nothing of consequence happened because of it, except that everyone took a pee and felt better.

I can't wait for the enforcement part of this bill.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:27 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,250,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I can't wait for the enforcement part of this bill.
And people think the TSA is invasive.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:20 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,356,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So, a guy could walk into the women's room, claim he was born a woman & rape you. Tell me, how does this bill protect you? It doesn't.
Why and to who would he need to claim what he is.
The law is not going to protect anyone.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:54 PM

47,036 posts, read 26,113,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Using that same logic, could one not also argue that it was "only Charlotte's business, anyway" and that the State had no right stepping in?
Yeah, I'd kinda like a response to that, too.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:01 PM

47,036 posts, read 26,113,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
It just occurred to me ... shouldn't Bruce's agent be pessed at him? Doesn't he get a commission from the proceeds?
The role of an agent is to act on behalf of the artist, it's kinda in the title. If he doesn't like the job on those conditions, I'm sure there are plenty who'd be willing to take it on.

Anyway, concert cancellations happen all the time. You can bet the compensation for projects that don't end up going forward is defined contractually, to the last cent.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:01 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,195,951 times
Don't know if anyone posted this but Great Britain has issued warnings to their LGBT population about traveling to North Carolina or Mississippi due to the anti-LGBT laws. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...0063&tid=ss_fb

"Among the advice for LGBT Brits traveling abroad: "Exercise discretion" in rural areas and avoid "excessive physical shows of affection" in public.

Some hotels," the government also warns, "especially in rural areas, won’t accept bookings from same sex couples – check before you go."

Sounds like the same advice we'd give to travelers to Saudi Arabia. Very sad that the US is showing herself to be so backwards to the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies