Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 06:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Rachel Dolezal announces she is writing a book about racial identity | Daily Mail Online

...no truth to the rumor it will be entitled "Race for Dummies"
Why not? Even though she has no credibility that didn't stop Obama from getting reelected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 06:35 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,236,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Rachel Dolezal announces she is writing a book about racial identity | Daily Mail Online

...no truth to the rumor it will be entitled "Race for Dummies"

What if her book self identifies as a mood ring?

Nobody will buy it. Does that make then 'racists'? Or 'ringists'? Or whatever the latest identity politics 'ist' is?

Thank God for beer.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:50 PM

26,505 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 253valerie View Post
It doesn't matter what I think of Caitlin's transition. What matters is I can understand what Caitlin means when she says she never felt like a male, I know what she is referring to. Whether or not anyone agrees or believes it, everyone knows what she is referring to.

I cannot understand what Rachel says when she says she never felt white. Does race have a feeling? Does anyone know what she is referring to?

She may identify closely with the black community, I can understand that, there a lot of white people in that same place - but it does not make her or them black.

Also it's important to the discussion that men can transition to women and vice versa it goes both ways. Now a white person can "transition" to black, but can a black person equally transition to white? I'm inclined to say, no. So stop using transgender people to support this woman, it's not the same thing.
Fair enough if you feel that one can feel a gender, but not feel so much a race...I can't change anyone's mind on that topic.

But DNA is DNA. Both go against their DNA. Most people alter their bodies to varying degrees for appearances.

Perhaps not equally, but black people have transitioned to white and Rachel didn't successfully pull off being "black" either - or at least so far. Sometimes the reason is medical for the alteration in skin color. Other times, black celebrities have been accused of bleaching their skin or having plastic surgeries to appear to have "whiter" features like on the nose.

In some cases, as in the first link, the man was able to pass himself off as white as he wasn't a celebrity that everyone already knew.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Using that same logic, Caitlin wasn't born into being a woman based on DNA. Do you support her move, do you consider her a woman?
Jenner can do or say anything he or she wants. I don't feel any certain way about that case. Mostly because it doesn't appertain to me. I'm just a disinterested observer...if that. That fight doesn't involve me.

I can only say that I'm not against Jenner. That's all.

The Dolezal thing is closer to home. I'm not against her either, and there's no animus on my part. I wasn't harmed.

But she can't join this tribe as a member. You must be born into it.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:43 AM

26,505 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Jenner can do or say anything he or she wants. I don't feel any certain way about that case. Mostly because it doesn't appertain to me. I'm just a disinterested observer...if that. That fight doesn't involve me.

I can only say that I'm not against Jenner. That's all.

The Dolezal thing is closer to home. I'm not against her either, and there's no animus on my part. I wasn't harmed.

But she can't join this tribe as a member. You must be born into it.
Liberal professors teach us that race is a human construct. Every adult joins and leaves various human constructs during their lifetime. I just don't see Rachel as having hurt anyone or society (except when she lies about her DNA for scholarships that were suppose to go to a truly black person, etc.). I just don't see a big difference between Rachel and Caitlin.

Your point of view is fair enough.

I am not trying to force you or anyone else to accept her for who she is.

Old 04-17-2016, 03:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Liberal professors teach us that race is a human construct. Every adult joins and leaves various human constructs during their lifetime. I just don't see Rachel as having hurt anyone or society (except when she lies about her DNA for scholarships that were suppose to go to a truly black person, etc.). I just don't see a big difference between Rachel and Caitlin.

Your point of view is fair enough.

I am not trying to force you or anyone else to accept her for who she is.
OK. So we mostly agree.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:46 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter
I'm try'na figure out why folks are mad at her. Blacks aren't even mad, so I don't know why everyone else is crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Haakon;43718570[/b]]Character matters to some people, not liberal progressives, but other people.

Yeah/Yesh there is a whole boat load of Character in the KKK...............

Old 04-19-2016, 05:18 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm try'na figure out why folks are mad at her. Blacks aren't even mad, so I don't know why everyone else is crying.
Crying?

No, Hon. We're laughing.

She's possibly the best joke of 2015.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies