Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 04:19 PM

1,042 posts, read 875,003 times

Advertisements

To those of you who take one or two extremists comments and use them to 'prove" that white privlage does not exist, I say 'How white of you."

Last time I experienced my white privlage, was, oh, yesterday. Yesterday morning, we pulled into the "crap shack" that we have recently purchased and just started to renovate.[ it is going to be so beautiful by the time we are finished] just as a police car with 2 officers inside did.

On the front porch were 3 Hispanic people [Pueblo is largely Hispanic] that we had hired to do some work on the house, waiting for us. They had not entered the home. They were just drinking cups of coffee.

One of the officers looked in my white husbands face, and, with a smile on his face greeted him and informed him that someone on the block had called 911 for a burglary in process. My husband explained what was going on, and the police officer said "When YOU pulled in I assumed that was the case." They exchanged a few pleasantries including the officer acknowledging me [the other white person] and left.

Not one word to the other three individuals. No smile. No wave. Nothing.

This is an example of every day white privlage. And it is real. And it is wrong. And we can not deny its' existence because of one persons extremist comments.

Activists do tend to go to extremes in their zeal. I know because I am an Autistic activist and often have to hold back on what I am thinking [which is a mean feat if you are Autistic] but extremists comments do not nullify the truth.

If any of you are in the mood to debate it, I would have no problem explaining "neurotypical-nondisabled"privalage. It is real too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 06:05 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Thanks....as I said. One person.

Franklin Graham seems to be quite the war monger but I would hardly paint all Christians by his views.

Someone hasn't heard about the annual "White Privilege" convention, where the agenda topics are even loopier. This clownfest boasts not one but many speakers, and is attended by thousands of teachers who will then go on to infect our kids.

Nice try at the deflection, though.

7 Things That Offended People At The White Privilege Conf. | The Daily Caller

Old 04-20-2016, 06:12 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You post about racial stuff like this often. Did you ever wonder why you are so obsessed by it?

You're keeping a file? Taking notes? How odd. There are beaucoups threads about "white pivilege," and they're current. Stop dogging CD posters you don't agree with.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:29 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post

If any of you are in the mood to debate it, I would have no problem explaining "neurotypical-nondisabled"privalage. It is real too.
This is the problem.. you can find some sort of privilege in ANYTHING!!
Tall people have height privilege over short people and studies say they get paid more and have other advantages.

Attractive people have beauty privilege over ugly or plain looking people and they have more options for dates and other advantages.

Wealthy people have rich privilege and have more options to do pretty much anything. Travel, renovate their home, send their kids to good colleges, etc.

What people fail to realize is LIFE IS NOT FAIR!

Calling "white privilege" over things like being on time is ridiculous!

If I have two employees, one is black and the other is white and they both come into work late, I should give special allowances or make exceptions for the black employee?

How is THAT not a form of racism?
It's basically saying I have lower expectations of them because of their race.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:34 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Speaking as a transplanted Scandinavian wit a streak of German, I call shenanigans. Americans, no matter their hue, have no concept of being on time. None.
Speak for yourself. I have NEVER been late for any appointment in 52 years. I always arrive at least 5-10 minutes EARLY.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:38 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
To those of you who take one or two extremists comments and use them to 'prove" that white privlage does not exist, I say 'How white of you."

I'm guessing you totally missed the irony of using a term like "how white of you" in a discussion about white privilege.

If any white person dared to say "how black of you" to a black person as a pejorative, they would be characterized as a racist and bigot. It sounds like something Archie Bunker would have said.

Yet, if a non-white person or a self loathing white person says "how white of you", no one bats an eyelash.
So I guess an example of non-white privilege is that casual racism rarely gets called on those who engage in it.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:07 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times
If anything I arrive early to work or appointments....

Old 04-20-2016, 07:43 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
I always run on time. Just seems like common sense and courtesy not to keep people waiting. Now I learn that there's a racial element to this. No wonder so few people take the constant cries of "racism" seriously.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:05 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
So now if your on time its white privilege. Its white supremacy to be on time now. Liberals have lost their frigging minds. They are trying so hard to not blame the problem the black culture that they are doing anything no matter how crazy to make excuses for black culture rot.
Huh? What the heck are you even smoking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies