Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 01:41 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
We don't need more worthless stoned people in the world. A study this week showed Colorado having huge and serious issues with an uptick in duid...duid deaths.. Er admissions... High school use..overdosing...every metric across the board.

As far as the "vet" there are many checks and balances in our system... He will receive a review of his sentence.providing us a slanted article from some uber left source has no sense of journalistic integrity. It was an OP Ed...not factual reporting

Your freedom stops where another person's welfare starts...if it's medicine treat it as such and eliminate 95 percent of the potheads. If it's a recreational drug like alcohol..treat it as such putting strict limitations on its manufacture and use. I am steadfastly against recreational legalization having seen the deleterious effect upon society..ruining the areas where I live."Ruination" being defined as similar issues as California. As some of you pot supporters know I was the successful co-author of an ordinance controlling mj cultivation in my county called "granny tweleve plant". It was overwhelmingly approved by the voters... To the dismay of the mj growers cowboys and worthless lowlifes that moved in to grow and sell their dope.the ordinance is now in its second year and the first full cultivation cycle ( which is now 24/7)... If everyday Americans were made aware of how deleterious mj growers are...come to California and see the destruction of the natural environment.it's use is a brain drain upon our world and is creating a whole subculture of less capable... More intoxicated.. Less qualified people. Few employers want potheads as employees... They steal more..they use more sick time..they are more accident prone... They are a less capable employee...that is if they even work.

That way the rest of us don't have to continuously deal with the obnoxious and worthless stoners... No social welfare ... No ebt cards..no free obamaphones... On and on...

An experienced grower can yield easily a pound per plant... Some plants in perfect growing regions look like Christmas trees...the use of uber dangerous honey oil conversion can yield hundreds of doses. One joint at one gram equals 28 joints per oz... A lerge dose.28 GM's to an ounce... 16 oz to a pound... You see... The math becomes staggering immediately... Three dozen plants is vastly more than personal use... It's a scam..like most of the mmj "medicine" perpetrated upon us by dopers.if the "medicinal" qualities are compartmentalized out and the intoxicant negated all of a sudden the "medicine" loses its appeal.
If you're going to use this ideology, can you at least man up and apply it more universally. Fight to criminalize alcohol consumption. Fight to criminalize adding salt and sugar to our foods. Get coffee out of here; caffeine is far too addictive. No more tobacco. No more oil.

And hell, no more opinions. No much religion.

If you're going to be a fascist, can you at least commit to it.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:52 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,123,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Not surprisingly, the drug war has turned some of this country's neighborhoods into war zones. We are warehousing productive young people and now old ones in prisons at an alarming rate all in the name of a war that cannot be won.

These people use marijuana for whatever the reasons, what is the "crime"?
Americans don't even know what crime is anymore.

Everything's a crime.

No victim (person or property) no crime.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,529,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Depending on the state you live in, you can end your life in jail, or get no punishment at all, by growing a few plants. Marajuana doesn't become a menace to society according to the state it's grown in. The drug laws need to be consistent, set at a national level.

'76-year-old disabled veteran Lee Carroll Brooker will live out what should be his golden years behind bars — for simple possession of cannabis.

Brooker had been treating chronic conditions with cannabis he grew in his son’s backyard; officials in Alabama discovered three dozen plants, they threw him in prison for life — without the possibility of parole.

In other words, the prosecutor railroaded Brooker over his personal, medicinal plants — by choice. Brooker, eventually rose to the rank of sergeant in the 82nd Airborne — where he was decorated for infantry service.

even “notoriously conservative” Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore characterized Brooker’s sentence as “excessive and unjustified.” the judge would have preferred to hand down a lighter sentence, but was obligated to enforce the letter of the law.

After Fighting for Freedom, 76-yo Vet Sentenced to Die In Prison for Treating His Illness With Cannabis

Old 04-22-2016, 02:01 PM

1,185 posts, read 1,502,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So this vet chose to break the law by growing marijuana, then using marijuana, then got caught, then was sentenced to prison and it is the courts fault he is in jail for the rest of his life?
Okay, well, perhaps this vet should have made better choices that were not against the law.
Hillary Clinton has broken multiple laws, much more serious laws than growing some marijuana.

Why is she held to a different standard?

Our government cannot selectively enforce laws.

Sentencing this man to jail for growing some harmless plants is ridiculous.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So this vet chose to break the law by growing marijuana, then using marijuana, then got caught, then was sentenced to prison and it is the courts fault he is in jail for the rest of his life?
Okay, well, perhaps this vet should have made better choices that were not against the law.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:02 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,835,302 times
The OP failed to disclose other information in his post. Fellow had a felony record. Disposition for the MJ case was forced due to previous criminal history. Save your tears for someone who earns it.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
What if your son or daughter suffered from life threatening seizures, with cannabis oil the only known way to control them, and you lived somewhere where the law states that you are a felon if you treat your kid with a life saving substance?

Would you watch your kid suffer immensely, and ultimately die, because that is what the law says you have to do???
It is your choice and if you get caught you go to jail. I think many laws are stupid but I like my freedom so I won't break them.

I do believe that it should be legal, but it isn't.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:15 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,931,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
We are a nation, unlike the European Union, and need to end the moronic 'war on drugs', so that pot is not a criminal offense in ANY state. All states should be mandated to release prisoners who are in jail just for pot. It needs to be de-criminalized, but Colorado went too far. You don't want to throw people in jail for it, and you don't want it available in brownies at the local store. There needs to be some thought directed towards it, but isn't that what the politicians get elected to do?
I am all for that but what must come with the freedom to, stupidly and moronically might I add, smoke pot comes with the responsibility for any damage that comes from the decision to smoke.

Harvard Scientists Studied the Brains of Pot Smokers, and the Results Don't Look Good

Quote:
According to a new study published in the Journal of Neuroscience, researchers from Harvard and Northwestern studied the brains of 18- to 25-year-olds, half of whom smoked pot recreationally and half of whom didn't. What they found was rather shocking: Even those who only smoked few times a week had significant brain abnormalities in the areas that control emotion and motivation.
So don't tell me it's harmless and won't do any damage. That is simple BS.

That said if you want to go smoke something that damages your brain you should have the right to do so but when you are harmed do not look to me for help because I won't give it to you. If someone is so stupid to smoke weed, and it does do harm, they can just go die for all I give a rats ass about it.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:21 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
So don't tell me it's harmless and won't do any damage. That is simple BS.

That said if you want to go smoke something that damages your brain you should have the right to do so but when you are harmed do not look to me for help because I won't give it to you. If someone is so stupid to smoke weed, and it does do harm, they can just go die for all I give a rats ass about it.
Mr./Ms. nicet4:

I have been using it daily for 40+ years. I am quite successful.

Please tell me what maladies I am supposed to be suffering from? I mean, according to you I should be dead, or at least my brain should be, so how can I possibly be typing words on a keyboard?

Old 04-22-2016, 02:25 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,271 times
3 dozen plants for personal use? Lol ok..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies