Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 08:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Our government taxes us with a boot on our throats, just to give it away without accountability to the underachievers.

How much does the government spend on the overachievers? The people that are super smart? The people that will lead this nation into the future?

Is the intent to make the underachievers be achievers? When the actual results is, no one achieves anything.

How does a nation become an economic powerhouse, with a collective mindset? ANSWER? it has never been done and history has proven over and over, it is an utter failure every time it has been tried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 08:53 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
It seems that the current admin. wants everyone to be the same. They do go to great lengths and spend alot of money trying to uplift people that have no clue. I think we all know of people personally that if they were given a million bucks and education on how to make it last it would still be gone next week with nothing to show for it.

It seems like many think that capitalism is a bad thing. Bernie Sanders wants to dismantle Wall Street. Big business makes America work.

It seems like in our current society that it is acceptable to be an underachiever, a slacker, a hippie. There are so many kids that know more about celebrities than they do about American History or how a business works.

A great deal of money is spent on smart people in the sciences but day to day we don't hear much about what they do.

As far as a collective mindset working or not ants and bees do a fine job of it but people are not as easily satisfied as bugs in that they always want more. There can be only one queen and the rest are workers. I just had a scary thought.... of Queen Hillary...

I recently heard that 45% of the population does not pay income taxes which means they are either under the radar of the IRS or they receive gov. assistance being paid for by the rest of us.

Some people just can't be helped no matter how much you try.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

It seems like in our current society that it is acceptable to be an underachiever, a slacker, a hippie. There are so many kids that know more about celebrities than they do about American History or how a business works.
Todays leaders on the left are ex-hippies (Hillary). Then there is Bernie, he didn't have a real job until he was in his "40's". They both want to relive their glory days. Those shrooms must have done some major brain damage.

People screaming, salivating over this is that celebrity is really pathetic.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:13 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Not only do they give underachievers money but they give it to the rich too. Rich child leaves home and rents an apartment. Then they go to college on a Pell grant because they make no money. Taxpayers are being ripped off every day but the worst part is that we are also being ignored and no law enforcement to remove those who are here illegally. They get a completely free ride but the companies are reaping the benefits. You would think intelligent people would realize this cannot continue.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:56 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Our government taxes us with a boot on our throats, just to give it away without accountability to the underachievers.

How much does the government spend on the overachievers? The people that are super smart? The people that will lead this nation into the future?

Is the intent to make the underachievers be achievers? When the actual results is, no one achieves anything.

How does a nation become an economic powerhouse, with a collective mindset? ANSWER? it has never been done and history has proven over and over, it is an utter failure every time it has been tried.
Define economic powerhouse? China has grown the fastest in history since 2000 and it has done it with mostly a command style economy. Some of you folks need to take off your star spangled glasses and realize the world is fluid.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:13 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Not only do they give underachievers money but they give it to the rich too. Rich child leaves home and rents an apartment. Then they go to college on a Pell grant because they make no money. Taxpayers are being ripped off every day but the worst part is that we are also being ignored and no law enforcement to remove those who are here illegally. They get a completely free ride but the companies are reaping the benefits. You would think intelligent people would realize this cannot continue.
LOL @ "rich kid leaves the house and gets a Pell Grant". I can tell you right now, it does not work that way. Aid is based on parental income. Even though I was independent and did everything I could to declare that I had no support from my parents (which was true), I still got denied. Your parents pretty much have to be dead, or you have to marry or have a baby, in order to be judged independently before the age of 26. I was 17 at the time.

What's more accurate is that financially well-to-do families generally help out themselves. So you're right the kids get an advantage that way. But the burden isn't on the taxpayers.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

I think you have underachievers confused with impoverished. Wealth does not make one an overachiever. It can have quite the opposite effect.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Yeah, well stop spending billions of not trillions trying to fix every nation around the world first...

Then we can talk about what's spent on Americans.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:52 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
LOL @ "rich kid leaves the house and gets a Pell Grant". I can tell you right now, it does not work that way. Aid is based on parental income. Even though I was independent and did everything I could to declare that I had no support from my parents (which was true), I still got denied. Your parents pretty much have to be dead, or you have to marry or have a baby, in order to be judged independently before the age of 26. I was 17 at the time.
Or, you have to be legally emancipated (requires a judge's order).

You are 100% correct on all of this.

Quote:
What's more accurate is that financially well-to-do families generally help out themselves. So you're right the kids get an advantage that way. But the burden isn't on the taxpayers.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:24 AM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Removing incentive= unsatifactory results
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies