Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Regular Cannabis Users be Professional, Productive Members of Society?
No 46 15.38%
Yes 202 67.56%
Yes, but only a small percentage can pull it off 31 10.37%
The question has too many factors to give an accurate answer 16 5.35%
I don't know 4 1.34%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 02:10 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times

Advertisements

Again, send the marines to Mexico and kill all the cartel members. ALL OF THEM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 02:11 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Again, send the marines to Mexico and kill all the cartel members. ALL OF THEM
Trying to be my friend?

Old 05-30-2016, 02:12 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Hi
People saying they are one thing and voting in an internet poll has zero to do with real life... it might represent an attitude.. but dopers generally flee from the spotlight about their behavior... this same behavior as op you have sought to say doesn't occur...

Look at any 420 festival... are those the professionals you speak of?

I see..monthly..the 100 or so DUIs that get referred by probation... half of this clientele self reporting marijuana co- use with alcohol for their crime. Are there professionals mixed in this group..by your definition and the classical definition because they come from all walks of life... sure..there are some.. they obviously aren't doing a good job managing their use are they?

As op..your premise was immediately skewed

As far as feeling like a winner of some inane argument about dope on the internet...I feel vanquished.... not... but I continue to dismiss reality ... I have found that is something users can do in s professional manner... dismiss reality.

Thanks for sharing

Meanwhile...back in the real world

All drugs diminish the user and the world.

Don't you think my suggestions were better than seeking the solace of a mind altering substance?

That is if a user can remember the question...

can you elaborate on the missed moments of life? or can you remember that statment within all that prohibitionist reefer madness babble you you speak..

isn't amazing a plant can make you personally lose so much time in your life.. have fun!!!

Old 05-30-2016, 02:15 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
I guess you spoke about silicone...OK silicon.. valley as demonstrative of some brain trust that uses drugs... fair enough... except... for each drug seeking potentially gifted individual there are many more that are just as gifted.. and more so not using drugs. We won't know without a scientific study as to what extent these gifted individual are actually affected now do we... but we do know scientificslky they are changed from stasis aren't they ?
In the High Tech field that simply isn't true, and you know it. You have already been informed of the FBI's dilemma when it comes to hiring the best of the best computer hackers in order to help them fight cybercrime. If you have forgotten, then shame on you for continuing to demean cannabis users for their memory!

FBI considering changing its no-tolerance marijuana policy - Washington Times

His comment about substantial MJ use in Silicon Valley is not an isolated one. I personally can vouch for it, going all the way back to the late 1970's. There are many, many more comments about that in these CD forums.

Back in 1979, while working for what is now Seagate, a couple of the best technicians there, whom I smoked with on MANY occasions, left for Silicon Valley. They asked me to go with them. I wish I had. I lost touch with them, but I can only imagine how successful they became.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
In the High Tech field that simply isn't true, and you know it. You have already been informed of the FBI's dilemma when it comes to hiring the best of the best computer hackers in order to help them fight cybercrime. If you have forgotten, then shame on you for continuing to demean cannabis users for their memory!

FBI considering changing its no-tolerance marijuana policy - Washington Times

His comment about substantial MJ use in Silicon Valley is not an isolated one. I personally can vouch for it, going all the way back to the late 1970's. There are many, many more comments about that in these CD forums.

Back in 1979, while working for what is now Seagate, a couple of the best technicians there, whom I smoked with on MANY occasions, left for Silicon Valley. They asked me to go with them. I wish I had. I lost touch with them, but I can only imagine how successful they became.
Makes me glad for my Chinese manufactured electronics where there is no one in the process addled by dope.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:22 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Makes me glad for my Chinese manufactured electronics where there is no one in the process addled by dope.
That was before all the manufacturing jobs left for overseas. We were actually building disk drives in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (a concept that is probably foreign to most young people today).

If you knew anything about the quality of the product that was coming out of that manufacturing plant in those days, then you would realize how ridiculous you sound.

A lot of CEOs in Silicon Valley are laughing at your comments also. All the way to the bank.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:32 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
The use of marijuana medicinally and to replace other harder and more damaging drugs does appear to have legitimacy. Using mj in a responsible manner as you suggest might be appropriate. Since you are already using other psychoactive drugs that absolutely affect you to some extent... only you..your doctor and potentially those you interact with know to what level they impair you.

I guess you spoke about silicone...OK silicon.. valley as demonstrative of some brain trust that uses drugs... fair enough... except... for each drug seeking potentially gifted individual there are many more that are just as gifted.. and more so not using drugs. We won't know without a scientific study as to what extent these gifted individual are actually affected now do we... but we do know scientifically they are changed from stasis aren't they ?

A drug user self describing themselves as normal is simply an unvetted opinion..it's the I'm OK your OK argument... sounds good... usually doesn't pan out.
I see potential legalization as passing here in California... there is a 100 million dollar pro dope war chest out there... whatever one says or feels about mj..there's a lot of money out there ..and many professionals will benefit from it's expanding controll over society

Some of the people that will benefit
State coffers
Police departments .. a whole new group of compliance officers
Anti drug programs..including a bevy of new addiction clinics
Entrepreneurs...
Mexican cartels..they aren't going to stop...they are professional drug dealers
Mj associated business.. (something we already see)
Car companies... dope growers buy new stuff
Government control over the individual by allowing them to self sedate... keeps the populace from demanding good government

To what end?
More DUIds
More addicted users
More minimized users
More of what we have now

Same stuff different day

By the way..if one has sleep disorders there are healthy natural non medicinal alternatives that certainly don't need to sedate you... pill popping society humans simply want a simple medicine chest fix... yoga..healthy diet..healthy relationships..physical activity beat dope use hands down any day
I ran the technical end of a number of complex products including the first color copier. That was in the very early 1970s. Every young member of that crew was a pot head. It was fun at the Xmas parties making sure the brownies never got near the wife's of the senior personnel. And you had to do it without admitting why or you would have ended up with the cops raiding the place. That crew however was a good as it gets. Small, dedicated, bright and the younger half pot heads. They were as good as any crew I every ran...probably 20 or 30 others over the years. I watched it over the next 25 years and would certify that pot users are indetectibly similar to the non pot users.

I have tried virtually all of the remedies for sleep disorder. I can use something like ambien but I hallucinate and act out.. Not good. None of the others do anything useful. An active exercise program has been tried but is very limited by handicaps. As one gets toward ancient the option vanish.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:35 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Making America Great, again, lol

Old 05-30-2016, 03:10 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Trying to be my friend?
Nope was talking to notme. He keeps bringing up that the cartels will continue other illegal activity.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:22 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Chines are laughing at you selling cheap substandard crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies