Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Regular Cannabis Users be Professional, Productive Members of Society?
No 46 15.38%
Yes 202 67.56%
Yes, but only a small percentage can pull it off 31 10.37%
The question has too many factors to give an accurate answer 16 5.35%
I don't know 4 1.34%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 12:06 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,973 times

Advertisements

No, pot smokers are lazy and worthless. Never met one that wasn't. People that smoke the pot are typically really bad people. That's why the criminality rate with pot is almost double that of alcohol.

Pot is for losers. It's no different than meth or crack IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 01:27 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I am saying that employers who test don't recognize the serum levels in any organized fashion so if you test positive you're considered affected....this article shows why.

Study finds fatal crashes in Colorado have risen since legalized marijuana | Colorado Springs Gazette, News
20 more deaths where marijuana was involved. Was any other drug or alcohol involved?

With several million drivers in CO 20 more deaths is practically nothing

Old 05-26-2016, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
No, pot smokers are lazy and worthless. Never met one that wasn't. People that smoke the pot are typically really bad people. That's why the criminality rate with pot is almost double that of alcohol.

Pot is for losers. It's no different than meth or crack IMO.
Criminality rate? Double? Please explain in detail

Old 05-26-2016, 01:42 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
If I'm working the next day I don't drink. You can believe anything you want but the science clearly shows that cannabis stays in your body for many days. If you have a job where people depend upon you it would be unsafe to assume your reactions would be normal. If you want to deny it, no one can help you.
It's scary that so many people believe pot does not impact you. These are the people driving your kids' schoolbus and flying your planes. I aready posted the studies on how long pot stays in your system. If you're 17 and live in your mom's basement then smoking pot now and then isn't a big deal. But no professional should be doing it.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It's scary that so many people believe pot does not impact you. These are the people driving your kids' schoolbus and flying your planes. I aready posted the studies on how long pot stays in your system. If you're 17 and live in your mom's basement then smoking pot now and then isn't a big deal. But no professional should be doing it.
I don't think anyone here has said it is ok to go to work high. What else ya got?

Old 05-26-2016, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I don't think anyone here has said it is ok to go to work high. What else ya got?
This is about regular users. If you work more than once every two months then you are working with pot in your system.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:20 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Of course. Some simply prefer pot to having a drink. It's a matter of taste.
No, the question was "regular" cannabis user. If you were a regular alcohol user you'd be a drunk.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
No, the question was "regular" cannabis user. If you were a regular alcohol user you'd be a drunk.
Exactly.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:34 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
The statistics show more accidents happen in stated after pot becomes legal.

The facts don't lie.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:58 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
20 more deaths where marijuana was involved. Was any other drug or alcohol involved?

With several million drivers in CO 20 more deaths is practically nothing
Tell that to the people's families who died. You see thats the real problem. Your attitude about the effects and the safety. Why would any person experiment with cannabis and it's effects on them at work is beyond me entirely. It dulls the senses slows performance (hundreds of studies) and blunts both short and long term memory....

And THEN when I cite a study which showed more people were KILLED you say its "practically nothing". While the loved ones and families are DEVASTATED for decades you continue to presume that oh its ok.

Unbelievable. I'm out. Denial is the hallmark of dependence. Go ahead. Say some more to these learned people. Hopefully one of us when we detect it on you or your performance is poor we will report it and bust your silly little aSS so you can join the rest of the adult world that cares about one another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies