Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Regular Cannabis Users be Professional, Productive Members of Society?
No 46 15.38%
Yes 202 67.56%
Yes, but only a small percentage can pull it off 31 10.37%
The question has too many factors to give an accurate answer 16 5.35%
I don't know 4 1.34%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 07:16 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
If I'm working the next day I don't drink. You can believe anything you want but the science clearly shows that cannabis stays in your body for many days. If you have a job where people depend upon you it would be unsafe to assume your reactions would be normal. If you want to deny it, no one can help you.
It's pretty clear you didn't read the post that dismantled your wrong view of how the works in the body.

Read up a few posts.

You are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 07:19 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It's pretty clear you didn't read the post that dismantled your wrong view of how the works in the body.

Read up a few posts.

You are wrong.
Actually I did read it. And I also looked up numerous articles which refute those. Most of the ones I looked up were with the NIH, JAMA and others. I elected not to post those but to point out there are many articles exposing which is true. Given that why do you suppose that the employers I cited terminate people who test positive. Did they not read your articles also?

Old 05-25-2016, 07:24 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,124,120 times
Quote:
Actually I did read it. And I also looked up numerous articles which refute those. Most of the ones I looked up were with the NIH, JAMA and others. I elected not to post those but to point out there are many articles exposing which is true. Given that why do you suppose that the employers I cited terminate people who test positive. Did they not read your articles also?
So you are saying active thc stays in the blood for how long?

Old 05-25-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
And why do places like the fbi have problems hiring? Because of cannabis and old metabolites in urine. Hence why they have looked into changing drug testing laws because they are loosing out on people for their think tanks and more specifically, computer programers/code writers.

You clearly don't understand the science, or are being intellectually dishonest with your self.

One can test positive for cannabis up to 30 days after consuming, that in NO WAY means they are still under the influence. Just as anyone who smokes a joint at 9pm isn't still stoned at 9 the next morning. Active compounds are completely different than residue, inactive residues.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:28 PM

I am saying that employers who test don't recognize the serum levels in any organized fashion so if you test positive you're considered affected....this article shows why.

Study finds fatal crashes in Colorado have risen since legalized marijuana | Colorado Springs Gazette, News

Old 05-25-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I am saying that employers who test don't recognize the serum levels in any organized fashion so if you test positive you're considered affected....this article shows why.

Study finds fatal crashes in Colorado have risen since legalized marijuana | Colorado Springs Gazette, News
So, this proves you don't understand the difference between being under the influence, and having metabolites in your system.

Point proven.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
So, this proves you don't understand the difference between being under the influence, and having metabolites in your system.

Point proven.
I get your point. My point is that for many employers it does not matter. Millions of employers agree. Are they wrong? According to your posted science yes. According to empirical experience both in employment and in driving...the answer is no. If you have an adult job my new friend I would suggest you consider the ramifications of your decisions.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I get your point. My point is that for many employers it does not matter. Millions of employers agree. Are they wrong? According to your posted science yes. According to empirical experience both in employment and in driving...the answer is no. If you have an adult job my new friend I would suggest you consider the ramifications of your decisions.
I don't consume cannabis, so I have very little to worry about. I do however understand the science behind the chemicals, the plant, and find it absurd that we have far more deadly legal things ingrained in this society, and cannabis can land you in jail for a lifetime. It's a plant. It's a weed. The war on cannabis is a sham based in antiquated racist ideology.

I am for a pragmatic approach, and with the ever evolving laws regarding cannabis, the laws will need to change accordingly. It's all just a matter of common sense. Cannabis isn't going anywhere. It's just as ingrained into culture as beer. Stop making criminals of those who willing consume, of their own free will, a plant.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:29 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Drug testing provides a good incentive to use meth instead of pot.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:33 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,496 times
Quote:
It's not the employers who don't agree. It's the insurance companies. As long as cannabis is illegal at the federal level, the employers have no choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies