Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Regular Cannabis Users be Professional, Productive Members of Society?
No 46 15.38%
Yes 202 67.56%
Yes, but only a small percentage can pull it off 31 10.37%
The question has too many factors to give an accurate answer 16 5.35%
I don't know 4 1.34%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 06:35 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Tell that to the people's families who died.
Really? Then how about you tell the ten of thousands of families that were torn apart by the war on drugs just last year how well the war is progressing.

I'll state it again, prohibition is causing much more damage than the plant ever could. Add to that people like you and MJJersey who have no experience and are spreading falsehoods such as being impaired days or weeks after the last usage, with no way to get you to open you eyes, then you have the frustration that I and others experience of beating one's head against the proverbial brick wall.

Quote:
You see thats the real problem. Your attitude about the effects and the safety.
The real problem is people who do not know what they are talking about spreading propaganda trying to prolong this horrific war.

Quote:
Why would any person experiment with cannabis and it's effects on them at work is beyond me entirely. It dulls the senses slows performance (hundreds of studies) and blunts both short and long term memory....
I have a suggestion about the "studies" you read. Find out who funded the study. The findings can be easily swayed to either side, and the funding party always gets the finding they wanted.

I have been using it daily for almost 45 years. I am known among my friends for my memory. Sometimes I annoy the hell out of them by reminding them of something they said years ago that contradicts something they just said. Where are my memory problems?

I have started up and ran several businesses, I own my own house, I pay my taxes, and I am in general an asset to society. When am I going to turn into a lazy worthless bum?

I write sophisticated computer code. I use cannabis to help with focus and creativity. It turns the job into something that is actually fun do to. When is all my code going to fall apart because I use cannabis?

Here is someone who has used it for over 50 years. When is her life going to fall apart?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/13/ny...cely.html?_r=0

And another article about her:

This Is What 50 Years of Cannabis Does To The Human Body

How about the CEO of Men's Warehouse that has now come out of the closet?

The CEO Who's Smoked Weed For 50 Years Supports Legalization

The problem with people like you is that you HATE IT when people who obviously have no problems with long term usage come on here with experience and factual evidence that can't be denied by any logical, thinking person. You refuse to open your eyes or your horizons and walk away in a huff, believeing you are right. You are victims of the amazingly successful brainwashing that has taken place over the last 78 years, and are COMPLETELY close minded.

So here we are. Another huge thread full of first hand experience and science, and it has opened the eyes of exactly zero prohibitionists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 08:52 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
If I'm working the next day I don't drink. You can believe anything you want but the science clearly shows that cannabis stays in your body for many days. If you have a job where people depend upon you it would be unsafe to assume your reactions would be normal. If you want to deny it, no one can help you.
I'm sorry but you really do not know what you're saying. There are no effects the next day after smoking pot like there is with alcohol. I wake up totally normal & functioning. With alcohol, not so much. This is with anyone I know who has smoked pot & who has drank. Whether you care to believe it or not. End of story.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:55 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Tell that to the people's families who died. You see thats the real problem. Your attitude about the effects and the safety. Why would any person experiment with cannabis and it's effects on them at work is beyond me entirely. It dulls the senses slows performance (hundreds of studies) and blunts both short and long term memory....

And THEN when I cite a study which showed more people were KILLED you say its "practically nothing". While the loved ones and families are DEVASTATED for decades you continue to presume that oh its ok.

Unbelievable. I'm out. Denial is the hallmark of dependence. Go ahead. Say some more to these learned people. Hopefully one of us when we detect it on you or your performance is poor we will report it and bust your silly little aSS so you can join the rest of the adult world that cares about one another.
You should spend your life trying to make alcohol illegal. You really want something to get bent out of shape for, it's alcohol. Course, you won't do that, will you? Because you turn a blind eye to the hazards that alcohol produces in millions of people because you yourself drink. How convenient.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:43 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is about regular users. If you work more than once every two months then you are working with pot in your system.
I hate to bring up the brick wall thing again but my God man...metabolites have no intoxicating affect whatsoever, for the 109th time

Old 05-26-2016, 02:48 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times
Quote:
Tell that to the people's families who died. You see thats the real problem. Your attitude about the effects and the safety. Why would any person experiment with cannabis and it's effects on them at work is beyond me entirely. It dulls the senses slows performance (hundreds of studies) and blunts both short and long term memory....

And THEN when I cite a study which showed more people were KILLED you say its "practically nothing". While the loved ones and families are DEVASTATED for decades you continue to presume that oh its ok.

Unbelievable. I'm out. Denial is the hallmark of dependence. Go ahead. Say some more to these learned people. Hopefully one of us when we detect it on you or your performance is poor we will report it and bust your silly little aSS so you can join the rest of the adult world that cares about one another.
You didn't answer the question.

Were any other drugs or alcohol involved With these fatalities?

Also, was it active thc in these peoples blood or metabolites?

In any case, it makes more sense to have the criminals gangs and cartels lose business, billions saved on enforcement, and billions gained in sales (hundreds of millions in tax revenue each year) than to keep cannabis illegal

Old 05-27-2016, 06:31 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
You didn't answer the question.

Were any other drugs or alcohol involved With these fatalities?

Also, was it active thc in these peoples blood or metabolites?

In any case, it makes more sense to have the criminals gangs and cartels lose business, billions saved on enforcement, and billions gained in sales (hundreds of millions in tax revenue each year) than to keep cannabis illegal
Yawn...so misinformed... is it purposeful?

You know if your are Leo as you state and you have a pulse on narco that potential legalization will have little effect upon cartels staying in the business
Drug users in Colorado for example still support black market dope because it's cheaper ..it's not like dope users care to be or are upstanding citizens .

Stop the lies

All drugs diminish people and will create avenues for them to be lesser human beings and less involved citizens

Drug use and responsible aren't in the same universe

Don't you agree?

The simple answer to the oP's question is..... no

Shout stomp be penchant petulant weed need children..the answer is the same... no

Old 05-27-2016, 08:57 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

You know if your are Leo as you state and you have a pulse on narco that potential legalization will have little effect upon cartels staying in the business
Drug users in Colorado for example still support black market dope because it's cheaper ..it's not like dope users care to be or are upstanding citizens .

Stop the lies

All drugs diminish people and will create avenues for them to be lesser human beings and less involved citizens

Don't you agree?

Shout stomp be penchant petulant weed need children..the answer is the same... no
Wow. Talk about misinformed!

Before I start my reply, I will bet anyone 5 Gold Stars that Notme will not respond to any of the points I am about to make. If he does, it will be something personal or just another yawn, but nothing specific.

Quote:
That is simply not true. It has already had an effect in many ways.

First, if you look at the constant stream of customers going into and out of dispensaries, plus the $1 Billion in recreational sales last year alone, you have to realize that a sizeable portion of that $1 Billion would have gone into the black market. In fact, before legalization, that is EXACTLY where it was going.

Second, as the industry matures, retail prices will come more into line with black market prices. That, combined with more reasonable taxes, means that not only will the price be competitive with the black market, it will actually drop low enough so that there simply won't be enough profit in illegal cannabis to make it worth the risk, so the black market dealers will move on to something else.

Third, the number of home growers is staggering. ALL of these growers are keeping their money out of the black market.

Fourth, there are MILLIONS of upstanding citizens that are "dope users". You just have no way of knowing that, because all logic ceases to function in your brain whenever you rant about this subject.

Quote:

Don't you agree?
NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST. MOST cannabis users are in fact responsible. You are the only one with a jaded enough view to believe that 90% or more of cannabis users are like the riffraff you encounter on a daily basis.

Quote:
I don't even know what you mean.

But just in case you are saying that prohibition helps keep cannabis out of the hands of children, well, how could you be more wrong? Cannabis is for sale at this very moment in every middle school and high school in this country! Certain kids carry it with them to sell to other kids. You cannot deny that. But you don't see that with alcohol, do you? That is because prohibition glamorizes the plant in the eyes of kids, and because alcohol is not for sale on street corners to any kid that has the money. You have never addressed this point, and I suspect you won't address it this time either.

How about this: Let's stop the hypocrisy and the carnage by ending prohibition, and regulating it like it should be. It will make for a much saner and safer world.

Don't you agree?

Old 05-27-2016, 09:09 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:

Stop the lies

Don't you agree?

more reefer madness propaganda. how much are they paying you to spew!!?? by the hour, word, or by the whole post??

Old 05-27-2016, 12:11 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,048,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
So if there is a doc, who is the world #1 and a complete dope (whatever definition you want to use for dope) fiend, but has been for his entire career. I would prefer that doc not go about getting all religious about their behaviors prior to performing a surgery on me, I know my risks when they're a dope fiend, because they're comparable to their past medical history I don't know my risks when they're not.
Aight, I see where your coming from.

But again its when the doc or whoever the cat is lets you know where he is coming from in the 1st place and he is given consent anyway.

Both parties knows what's what.

Cool.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:58 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
A common thread among protestors and anarchists in San Diego at Trump's rally..... the smell of marijuana wafting from the "crowd"

Are these the responsible people you speak of?...wearing bandanas on their faces
We need more of this "good stuff"

My comments stand
Continue to lie about how good marijuana is for our world....

Responsible drug user is an oxymoron

People compensate....but a user isn't responsible by default
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies