Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:14 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times

Advertisements

Illegals make a mockery of the naturalization process that we have here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 09:18 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,446,162 times
Trump said they're probably rapists or drug dealers. So no.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:29 AM

729 posts, read 429,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3001 View Post
What a bizarre projection of your biases onto others. My wife, in-laws and lot's of our friends here are all Hispanic and support Trump. None of them see what you're saying they should see. It doesn't feel like you care about racism or Hispanics at all. It feels like you just want to tell those peasants what they should think and use them as pawns in your twisted political game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
Sorry bud, I don't know who or what you've been tuning in to but I don't think there's been a respected economist that has said that in the last two decades...Furthermore if it ever was said I'm sure in context they meant Asian immigration can be good for the U.S. economy...they're intelligent, they come here documented, they work above board, they pay taxes, they keep their homes and neighborhoods nice and clean, they don't over occupy our public school systems with seven children, they don't commit crime, they aren't alcoholics, drug addicts and convicts, they don't occupy our prison system, they don't drive uninsured, they aren't always demanding more of taxpayers and the system, they don't fly their countries flags here. I could keep going but by now you probably get the drift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Racism affect whites also but what is your point? What is racist about wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced? Aren't Hispanic citizens just as obligated to respect our immigration laws just as every other citizen is? Apparently, many don't because they have a tribal mentality that trumps our immigration laws. I find that despicable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Sort of like getting your car repaired at a shop that uses stolen parts right? You saved money so it's all good. Those car thieves did you more good than harm right?
That's how a lot of people justify criminal activity. It doesn't hurt me so no harm no foul.
They didn't steal my identity.
They didn't hit my car while driving without a license or insurance.
It wasn't me that was forced out of my profession by then because they lowball.
It's all good until it's you.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Illegals make a mockery of the naturalization process that we have here.
True. It's pathetic how they try to make it seem like the conditions are unreasonable. And it's ironic considering how just about ever other country has immigration laws that are just are stringent.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:53 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,502,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
So here we go again; you people find these one or two micro-cases that you think you can apply to these contexts to negate the vast majorities....SORRY...it doesn't work that way...never has, never will. NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE 2%.
Let me spell it out one more time:
STEREOTYPES ARE BUILT BASED ON THE ACTIONS AND BEHAVIORS OF THE MAJORITY OF A GROUP. This is not my rule, I didn't make this up. Pull your head out of the sand and understand this is real world stuff, like it or not it's just the way it is.
I think the legitimate people of a group with a negative stereotype attached should spend more time and energy advocating to the negative people within their group and less time making excuses for them which really just gives them the justification they need to continue on making you look bad.
Let me explain this to you SLOWLY. Why would someone who happens to be of Latino decent and a legal citizen necessarily have the same political views as you? And then, why do you assume that those who don't have the exact opposite views? My theory, and I don't know you personally, is you don't like any of "them". Legal or not. Pretty sure that's the case with many Trumpsters.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:32 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times
I view Hispanics differently from other Immigrants from the Eastern Hemisphere and the reason is history. The Spanish were the first to set foot in what became the United States and founded the first settlements in Florida (St. Augustine) , New Mexico (Santa Fe) and Texas (El Paso del Norte) more than a century before anyone speaking English did the same (The unsuccessful Roanoke Colony) . The Pope ratified for all Christian Monarchs to obey all of North America and most of South America as Spanish territory. Until Britain and Spain set the Northern most boundary of Spanish America (Oregon/California border) at the 37th Parallel in 1760 Spain had claims to all of Florida, Louisiana and all of the West west of the continental divide. As late as 1848 all the West to 37 N Lat. Wes of the Continental divide was part of Mexico. and before 1835 all of Texas was also a Mexican province. I find it rich and amusing that Americans simply crossed the US Mexican border without Mexican approval or papers, and simply took up residence often ignoring land claims of Hispanic residents some of which were centuries old. Then when they outnumbered them simply stole the land and proclaimed it American. At least Hispanics haven't tried to use armed force to take back places like Alto California, Arizona and New Mexico not to mention Tejas. American hypocracy is clear when we back with billions of dollars and weapons the right of Jews to their historic homeland and one they were kicked out of by Rome 2000 odd years ago but have this special blind spot for Hispanics wanting to live in the lands they once did and only through the accident of history had the misfortune of living next to the United States of America.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:03 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
I view Hispanics differently from other Immigrants from the Eastern Hemisphere and the reason is history. The Spanish were the first to set foot in what became the United States and founded the first settlements in Florida (St. Augustine) , New Mexico (Santa Fe) and Texas (El Paso del Norte) more than a century before anyone speaking English did the same (The unsuccessful Roanoke Colony) . The Pope ratified for all Christian Monarchs to obey all of North America and most of South America as Spanish territory. Until Britain and Spain set the Northern most boundary of Spanish America (Oregon/California border) at the 37th Parallel in 1760 Spain had claims to all of Florida, Louisiana and all of the West west of the continental divide. As late as 1848 all the West to 37 N Lat. Wes of the Continental divide was part of Mexico. and before 1835 all of Texas was also a Mexican province. I find it rich and amusing that Americans simply crossed the US Mexican border without Mexican approval or papers, and simply took up residence often ignoring land claims of Hispanic residents some of which were centuries old. Then when they outnumbered them simply stole the land and proclaimed it American. At least Hispanics haven't tried to use armed force to take back places like Alto California, Arizona and New Mexico not to mention Tejas. American hypocracy is clear when we back with billions of dollars and weapons the right of Jews to their historic homeland and one they were kicked out of by Rome 2000 odd years ago but have this special blind spot for Hispanics wanting to live in the lands they once did and only through the accident of history had the misfortune of living next to the United States of America.
What a bunch of crapola. Nearly every nation as old as the USA has expanded or contracted their borders. The new boundaries are the new boundaries. Plus the hispanics coming over today never legally lived in the southwestern US.

The people who benefited the most are the hispanics who lived north of the Rio. They and their descendants did not have to live in a third world country.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:18 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Let me explain this to you SLOWLY. Why would someone who happens to be of Latino decent and a legal citizen necessarily have the same political views as you? And then, why do you assume that those who don't have the exact opposite views? My theory, and I don't know you personally, is you don't like any of "them". Legal or not. Pretty sure that's the case with many Trumpsters.

Political views are one thing. Defending law breakers of your own ethnic group is quite another. It's nonsense that most conservatives (why call them Trumpsters?) don't like Latinos legal or illegal. I have no problem with Latinos who respect our laws nor do most conservatives.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:22 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:

We have no problem with Hispanics/Mexicans who come here legally. The past does not negate our immigration laws today. Mexico was paid $15 million for some southwest territories and those people are all dead now. Mexicans alive today need to get over it. No part of this country is theirs anymore.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
So you're implying that one european empire was more entitled the Americas than another, even though both displaced and/or oppressed the natives? To this day Mexican society is strongly influenced by a racial caste system (not to mention much of Central and South America had African slaves too, and still have worse racial problems than the USA). The true natives weren't speaking spanish, practicing catholicism, etc. What gave the pope any more right to dictate how the natives' lands would be divided than a british ruler? Especially considering how brutal the spanish were towards anyone who resisted converting to catholicism. In my opinion, that hypocrisy is a major flaw in the reasoning of any pro-illegal immigration, pro-reconquista de aztlan people. Mexico was just as much a colony as the USA. I find it funny how most former English colonies turned out better than most former Spanish colonies.

Last edited by Manimuni; 05-04-2016 at 04:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies