Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 05:49 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I agree with this. If this is how he wants to handle it - give back the gold medals, since it wasn't him.
Exactly.. and the money from endorsements, etc, etc.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:53 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I was leafing through Time magazine where they have there most important people of the year, the list seems more ridiculous every year and this year is now exception with Leo DiCaprio on the cover

So they saw fit to add Caitlyn Jenner of course and whomever was writing the article referred to the time when "she" was in the olympics ?!

Now, I generally disagree that you can become a woman because you think you are one but aside from that, this just seems to be a new level of ridiculousness for politically correct idiocy.

How can anyone deny that Bruce Jenner existed, as a man? He would not have been in the olympics since he entered them as a man and participated in the male decatholon. His ex wives would never have married him and he would not have fathered any children.

It's fine if "she" wants to be known as a woman from now on but going back and erasing Bruce Jenner and the fact the he was a man and people interacted with him AS a man just seems ridiculous. It also seems to spit in the eye of his ex-wives, his own children the Olympic committee and the public who idolized him as a national sports hero at the time.

Honestly, without Bruce Jenner's celebrity, there would BE no Caitlyn Jenner... or to put it more accurately, none of us would have likely heard of her.

Anyway... it just seems weird that people seem to be trying to change the past.
Well, regardless of your views on the whole transgender thing, the only person who could reasonably have a problem with Bruce being removed from the proverbial history books would be Bruce himself, who now goes by a 'her' called Caitlyn. So, Caitlyn is the only person would would reasonably need to care, or at least who's opinion maters most on this. I doubt she cares. If the person this actually affects, which is Caitlyn pretty much exclusively as far as I can tell, doesn't mind, then why should anyone else?

Old 05-03-2016, 05:59 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

You are wrong.

If you educate yourself and read the medical and psychiatric literature and research you will discover your opinion is biased and uninformed.

A fish is not a bird.
My point is that you can not change one into the other.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:00 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
"‘How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?’"

-George Orwell, 1984

Old 05-03-2016, 06:28 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Default Has Bruce Jenner ceased to exist?

Google hits for:

"Bruce Jenner" - 544,000

"Caitlyn Jenner" - 15,700,000

Old 05-03-2016, 06:33 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

You are wrong.

If you educate yourself and read the medical and psychiatric literature and research you will discover your opinion is biased and uninformed.

Wrong.

One cannot change one's sex. Bruce Jenner can call himself Queen Elizabeth, and he'll still be a dude in a dress.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:43 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post

I can accept humoring this person and referring to them as "her" from now on if that's what "she" wants but we are all supposed to pretend there was never a Bruce Jenner, who was a man? A man with whom people interacted with AS a man? A husband, a father, a male olympian? That just seems ridiculous.
My, aren't you the patronizing, condescending one???!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Wrong.

One cannot change one's sex. Bruce Jenner can call himself Queen Elizabeth, and he'll still be a dude in a dress.
Okay, believe what you want to believe.

Caitlyn Jenner is a woman, Bruce Jenner was a man. Chastity Bono was a girl, Chaz Bono is a man. I'm not going to play the infantile game of complaining about who is a "real" male or female.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:47 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
My, aren't you the patronizing, condescending one???!!!

Okay, believe what you want to believe.
DNA is DNA....no matter what this person looks like on the outside.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:54 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,227 times
OMG that picture of it in the OP is disgusting.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:55 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,360 times
Bruce / Caitlyn is the posterchild for "do not do drugs" or "do not do steroids of you are an athlete or this might happen to you."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies