Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 11:45 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times

Advertisements

The people having the most problems in this economy are the lower class / working class and they definitely compete with many of the jobs illegals take. It's like the argument McCain made defending illegals saying nobody would be willing to work in the fields for $100 per hour, which is such bull.

Then tell me how the Democratic ideals will help the economy? Companies are outsourcing and automating because of costly regulations. If a business has more than 50 full time employees then they need to provide health insurance, that just pushes companies from having 50 full time employees (just one example). People want McDonalds to pay their employees $15 per hour, so now you see McDonalds with touch screens to place your order (another example).

I consider myself an Independent, but I support Trump (voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012). Trump has a mixture of Republican and Democratic ideals, but is more of a populist than anything else. His plan to temporarily allow companies a chance to bring the estimated $2 trillion + held overseas back into the US without getting hit with a massive tax is a good idea in my opinion. His view on the need to enforce and change current trade deals is a good thing in my opinion. His views to punish companies who outsource overseas only to sell back to the US is a good idea in my opinion. His views on rebuilding America's crumbling infrastructure is also a good thing in my opinion. He has a mixture of stuff that can appeal to people on both sides, which for someone like me is a good thing because I usually find myself debating Republicans and Democrats when the topic of politics comes up.

What I'm saying is there is no reason to fall for fear mongering or stereotyping an entire race or religion. However, we still need to use common sense when it comes to anything in life. We have millions of people wanting to move to the US from all over the world. I think common sense prevails political correctness. The guy in Riverside, the neighbors saw unusual activity, but were afraid to report it because they feared they would be labeled as a racist.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-27-2016 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted posts

Old 05-23-2016, 01:54 AM

406 posts, read 288,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I support Trump
We know you do. Demagogue Trump doesn't have the slightest clue about domestic or foreign policies, let alone his own net worth.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:28 PM

Ok, you can ignore all the dictators Hillary supported, but Hillary's past is coming public and will continue to happen. Trump is now leadig in the polls, very slightly, but he was double digits behind. Meanwhile, we have another violent protest happening in New Mexico. Talk about civility and tolerance! With each violent protest, Trump is going to go up in the polls. Hillary broke her promise to debate Bernie in California because she is scared to death that all her lies are begining to surface. The establishment is corrupt, Bernie or Trump is the only way to improve things and fix Washington. I'd personally be fine with either person, but the DNC head is very corrupt, there is already talks about ousting her among Democratic senators, but it will be too late.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Ok, you can ignore all the dictators Hillary supported, but Hillary's past is coming public and will continue to happen. Trump is now leadig in the polls, very slightly, but he was double digits behind. Meanwhile, we have another violent protest happening in New Mexico. Talk about civility and tolerance! With each violent protest, Trump is going to go up in the polls. Hillary broke her promise to debate Bernie in California because she is scared to death that all her lies are begining to surface. The establishment is corrupt, Bernie or Trump is the only way to improve things and fix Washington. I'd personally be fine with either person, but the DNC head is very corrupt, there is already talks about ousting her among Democratic senators, but it will be too late.
Trump must have something potent in his koolaid. His supporters are dancing like puppets to the themes of racism, bigotry, inexperience, and a lack of understanding of domestic and foreign issues.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:25 PM

What's with everyone calling someone who disagrees with them guilty of drinking koolaid? Doesn't that saying have racist roots? I know there was a cult trying to kill themselves with it, but seriously... How about an actual discussion? I remember when I voted for Obama both elections, people who didn't know what to say would accuse me and other of drinking koolaid lol.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:42 PM

lmao riiiiight. Sure. All the pieces are there. Pick your poison

Last edited by the happy guy; 05-24-2016 at 11:51 PM..

Old 05-25-2016, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
lmao riiiiight. Sure. All the pieces are there. Pick your poison
That's what I thought

Old 05-25-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
That's what I thought
what did you think?

Old 05-25-2016, 08:19 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,482 times
Trump knows exactly what he's doing. There's a reason why he named drop Oakland and Ferguson

Old 05-25-2016, 08:22 AM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Trump knows exactly what he's doing. There's a reason why he named drop Oakland and Ferguson
He sure does it's a dog whistle to his followers that let's them know that his agenda is to "make America white again"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies