Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 02:03 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Ugh, strange how so many people spend sooo much time thinking about this topic and any possible scenario.

The reality is that hardly anyone will "lie" about being transgender in order to play for the girls basketball team (how does that even benefit the man doing it?) just like people would never "lie" about being any type of LGBT-why would anyone put themselves through the isolation, discrimination, outright hatred, etc.?

The weird scenarios concocted up by you people are due to your own issues with sexuality and fantasy-they are not indicative and prove nothing of real living transgender people.
Define real living transgender people. What's the actual legal criteria for establishing that one is transgender?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 02:04 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
To answer the OP question, right now it depends on the state. I know in Oregon boys can play on girls teams if they state they identify as a girl. It's that easy. In other states it probably is a lot tougher. At some point in time a President or Supreme Court will make the country totally gender neutral so kids can cross over to any team they want. We will have all "girl" teams with 100% guys. We should be there in a few years.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:22 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Define real living transgender people. What's the actual legal criteria for establishing that one is transgender?
Probably wearing majority opposite sex clothing and/or with the intention to pursue hormone treatments. I'm not an expert though. Gender is more fluid than many are led to believe. More babies are born with both or partially developed sex organs than is generally known by the public.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Probably wearing majority opposite sex clothing and/or with the intention to pursue hormone treatments. I'm not an expert though.
So anyone can just say they're the opposite gender and that has to be accepted. That takes us back to the premise of this thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Now that a high school student can use whichever bathroom or locker room they feel like on any particular day, can boys now play on the women's athletic teams?

What's to keep a school from loading up some of their women's teams with trans guys and dominating in certain sports?

Wonder if a boy just feels trans only when he's playing the sport and not during the school day?

Hell, you wouldn't even have to dress/act a certain way. All you have to do is say "I feel like a girl". If someone tries to deny them an opportunity, it could easily end up in a court battle.
Quote:
Gender is more fluid than many are led to believe.
If that were true, transgenders would be more than 0.3% of the population.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:50 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times
We have a state senator that is one of the faces of the democratic party that lied about her heritage (Elizabeth warren lying about being native American) in order to get preferential treatment in being hired at Harvard.

But yeah....people aren't going to exploit this at all.

Do you know how easy this is? I am a 230lb muscle bound guy with a beard. I walk into the woman's room at the public pool - they kick me out as I am obviously a grown male adult. I sue the city for discrimination. Simple as that.

Quote:
Ugh, strange how so many people spend sooo much time thinking about this topic and any possible scenario.

The reality is that hardly anyone will "lie" about being transgender in order to play for the girls basketball team (how does that even benefit the man doing it?) just like people would never "lie" about being any type of LGBT-why would anyone put themselves through the isolation, discrimination, outright hatred, etc.?

The weird scenarios concocted up by you people are due to your own issues with sexuality and fantasy-they are not indicative and prove nothing of real living transgender people.

How many sexual assaults are committed by transgender people? Aren't something like 95% of rapes/sexual assaults committed by men that identify as straight? Why don't people have concern for their sons in public restrooms right now considering this fact? Who is letting their child use a public bathroom alone in the first place?

This is a non-issue and quite frankly an obvious distraction from more pressing matters....but carry on.

I work at an Irish bar that has Irish dancing lessons and recently saw a kid I hadn't seen since he was probably 9 or 10. Well, he is 17 now and is no longer Aidan-she identifies as Nadia (which works out since it is Aidan backwards). I really don't think he is going to CHOP for treatments and wearing female clothing/hairstyles due to some "perk" he is going to receive. That is just absurd.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:53 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times
Quote:
Probably wearing majority opposite sex clothing and/or with the intention to pursue hormone treatments. I'm not an expert though. Gender is more fluid than many are led to believe. More babies are born with both or partially developed sex organs than is generally known by the public.
Wrong. If you worked at the local pool and kicked me out of the bathroom I decided to use because you thought I didn't belong in there b/c of the clothes I wear - well, congrats, you just cost your city millions of dollars in a discrimination lawsuit.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
We have a state senator that is one of the faces of the democratic party that lied about her heritage (Elizabeth warren lying about being native American) in order to get preferential treatment in being hired at Harvard.

But yeah....people aren't going to exploit this at all.

Do you know how easy this is? I am a 230lb muscle bound guy with a beard. I walk into the woman's room at the public pool - they kick me out as I am obviously a grown male adult. I sue the city for discrimination. Simple as that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Wrong. If you worked at the local pool and kicked me out of the bathroom I decided to use because you thought I didn't belong in there b/c of the clothes I wear - well, congrats, you just cost your city millions of dollars in a discrimination lawsuit.
Yep.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:01 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Hey look - it's the worthless and unnecessary anti transgender ignorance and bigotry thread of the day!

Awww, who'd want to take a shower in a room full of sweaty, stinky women anyway.

PS - A Jet was blown up over the Med yesterday and a whole bunch of people DIED. But it's REALLY important to hate an transgender people who just want to go to the bathroom in peace.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:29 PM

Read the Editorial Board's article... And then the comments...

Taking the fear out of bathrooms | The Charlotte Observer

Old 05-19-2016, 07:18 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Read the Editorial Board's article... And then the comments...

Taking the fear out of bathrooms | The Charlotte Observer
Now that is a well written piece, I hope you agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies