Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 04:12 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
SJWs hard at work. They've moved on from the trannie bathroom thing.
The Republican controlled Congress is a bunch of SJWs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 04:28 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
You don't hold Republicans accountable for their bad ideas? NAFTA, anyone?
Sure, but who signed it into law? Why did he, if they were so bad?

Quote:
Obamacare (aka Romneycare)?
Please do a little research, even Romney said it was ok for his state but not an entire country.

Quote:
The ACA Mandate (Thank you Heritage Foundation!)
Where? Again, do some research...

Quote:
Obamaphones?

(aka Lifeline and Safelink Wireless, launched under Reagan and GW Bush respectively)
Again, go back and do some research, reagan did this for a specific reason...why was that? OR are you saying that people MUST have internet on their phone because, well, why?

Quote:
It's really a clever strategy. Take your garbage ideas and rebrand them as Dem initiatives.
Even better, complain that Obama never reaches across the aisle, and when he actually does sign a law that the useless Republican Congress sends to him, complain about that too!
(In short, complain about everything!)

Speaking of complaining about everything, the fact that the US Government is going to cease using that word will zero impact on anyone's life. What do you care if the FedGov uses it or not? It's not like a business called "Orient Express Widgets" is going to be forced to change its name. You can keep calling Asians anything you feel like calling them. The FBI won't be kicking down your door over it.
You are a disturbed person, maybe you need to go to the back of the bus (if you cannot figure out what I mean, you should search "back of the bus, obama".

I care because a dem decided to say it was wrong and it cost us all money...

Why should "Orient Express Widgets" not be made to change it's name? many people such as you, are mad because the name "Redskins" is the name of a football team, but those that are true "Redskins" really don't care....

Old 05-21-2016, 04:49 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sure, but who signed it into law? Why did he, if they were so bad?

Please do a little research, even Romney said it was ok for his state but not an entire country.

Where? Again, do some research...

Again, go back and do some research, reagan did this for a specific reason...why was that? OR are you saying that people MUST have internet on their phone because, well, why?

You are a disturbed person, maybe you need to go to the back of the bus (if you cannot figure out what I mean, you should search "back of the bus, obama".

I care because a dem decided to say it was wrong and it cost us all money...

Why should "Orient Express Widgets" not be made to change it's name? many people such as you, are mad because the name "Redskins" is the name of a football team, but those that are true "Redskins" really don't care....
You're the one barking at the moon, but I'm the disturbed one? That's hilarious.
(I honestly don't care about the whole "Redskins" thing. Not one little bit.)

Old 05-21-2016, 05:53 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
The fact is oriental is like negro an archaic word that was sure to go sooner or later.

Meanwhile orientals continue to be discriminated against in education in a gross violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:07 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,459,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It never would have been a bill except a dem thought it up....
That right? There's something called "The Hastert Rule" (yes, yet another Republican who inappropriately places himself around young boys). Ever hear of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
The rule holds that the Speaker of the House shall bring no bill to a vote that does not have majority support among members of the majority. In other words, under Republican Speaker Hastert, who was elected Speaker by a GOP majority of the House of Representatives, no bill could be brought to the floor for a vote unless a majority of House Republicans supported the bill.
The bill wouldn't have made it out of the House without majority support by... the majority.

You do know about majorities and how a bill moves through Congress, right? I wonder, because you seem to have missed the part about both houses having to approve a bill before it goes to the president for disposition.

Seems it passed unanimously in both chambers and among both parties.

So, I ask again, why is the thread title "Obama bans "oriental" from our federal government lexicon?" Creatures on the right will do anything, twist any fact, manipulate any data to lie and try to score cheap and meaningless points. Sad.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:00 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,490,601 times
This PC nonsense is why so many support Trump.

Trump 2016!

Old 05-21-2016, 08:28 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,267,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
People find the term oriental offensive. I have heard this from at least two Asian friends of mine.
Why do your two friends find it offensive?

For that manner, can anyone here explain why they are offended by being called oriental? I don't doubt that it is offensive but I do not understand why.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Why do your two friends find it offensive?

For that manner, can anyone here explain why they are offended by being called oriental? I don't doubt that it is offensive but I do not understand why.
Not speaking for everyone else, but it's not offensive to me. I think it is amusing because it's an outdated word I haven't heard in years.

[]

Old 05-22-2016, 01:17 AM

788 posts, read 513,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
This PC nonsense is why so many support Trump.

Trump 2016!
And 2020!!

Old 05-22-2016, 05:44 AM

295 posts, read 181,399 times
I love how people who aren't part of a group, i.e. Asian, always get so panty twisted about these things. Are you Asian? How do you get to decide if it's a big deal?

Anyway. Why don't you worry about important things? Ya know like the heroin epidemic? That effects you waaaayyy more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies