Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2016, 11:50 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
That's not an apology.
are you playing echo today? that's what I said. "Obama did not applogize today"

my exact words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 11:50 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Partly true. No one cares much for imperialists. We are now the world's biggest aggressor nation. We should not be wasting time apologizing for defending ourselves but getting out of the ME. Heck, I would go farther and remove most of the troops from Europe.

I do not think you can fairly our actions with Japan's. I am almost certain much of the hate my father in law felt for the Japanese was due to the abuse of female relatives. It was quite personal. I am sure those who have relatives killed in drone strikes feel the same.
yeah. I agree with you. Too personal for a lot of people. I guess in thousands years, most will forget.

That is why I don't think this tour is good for anybody.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:51 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
There's something endearing about those "apology" posts, isn't there? No apology whatsoever, but it just doesn't matter - there's a deep emotional attachment to the idea of an apology, and no amount of fact will change that. Like fans of professional wrestling learning it's staged.
Labeling an action "evil" and a "mistake" is certainly pretty close to an apology. I got no big problem with it. Diplomacy (kissing ass) is what world leaders do. But, I say it is an apology. Apologies do not always include the words "I am sorry".

Old 05-27-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ehm - that's the inscription on the Hiroshima cenotaph. A cenotaph erected by Japan.
well that makes it worse Dane... who seems to know way more than a person really ought about this... makes me wonder ... ... ... ...

that means Mr. Obama repeated a well known refrain in Japan that clearly points to the evil of the USA dropping that bomb.

thank you for pointing out just how terrible Mr. Obamas choice of words were.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:52 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Quote where he said that.
Really? Why bother? Seriously...

Old 05-27-2016, 11:53 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yeah. I agree with you. Too personal for a lot of people. I guess in thousands years, most will forget.

That is why I don't think this tour is good for anybody.
Probably quicker than that. My wife (born in 1959) has no animosity toward the Japanese.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Really? Why bother? Seriously...
third time is a charm. Prog, you cannot get away from facts no matter how hard you try to deny them.

Obama becomes first U.S. president to visit site of world's first nuclear bombing - UPI.com

Old 05-27-2016, 11:55 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Probably quicker than that. My wife (born in 1959) has no animosity toward the Japanese.
well, I was born in 1985 and I apologize to no one.

this said, as japanese/german, I do think I have a responsibility to make sure history won't repeat itself, for everybody's sake

My brother on the other hand, a Marine, an American, he can care less about the history. Was busy killing enemies, and now is busy running his business.

lol My boyfriend's grandpa is 96, he is a ww2 veteran who loves and adores me. sheesh, that is comforting because life is certainly easier for me.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:56 AM

131 posts, read 99,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
are you playing echo today? that's what I said. "Obama did not applogize today"

my exact words.
Oh right. I mixed your "Obama called america evil" sentiment with the apology one.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:58 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Labeling an action "evil" and a "mistake" is certainly pretty close to an apology.
"Evil" comes from the inscription on the cenotaph. The Japanese inscription. Intended to decry the evil of war. Do I have to try interpretative dance to get that point across?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies