Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 12:47 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,734,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is absolutely nothing Obama could have done to stop this but this is exactly what you get when you get others trying to blame guns or the "tea party" or whatever for things they hold no responsibility for.
This guy, just like the Boston bombers, was known as a possible threat by the FBI. Why is Obama's FBI ignoring these threats?? They had no problem spying on Fox News reporters like James Rosen, but refuse to "violate the privacy' of known radical Islamic threats. They bugged James Rosen's parents' house for goodness sakes. This idiot administration is tougher on conservative new reporters than they are on terrorists who end up killing dozens of people.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. What a terrible tragedy.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:48 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Obama & this wayward administration created ISIS by allowing the growth of this group & then underestimating their reach. No doubt the gun meme will be trotted out.

amen.

39,876 posts, read 26,541,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This is true. I don't understand why people think that is insanity. LGBT have been perscuted by just about EVERY religion, especially by hardliners. I think that this is both an attack on gays and also an attack by a Muslim. I am not saying it is ISIS or another group (I honestly think it is a lone wolf with little if any ties to ISIS) but a Muslim, not all of them or even some, a single Muslim.
Followers of other religions don't want to bake cakes for gay weddings and pray for them.

Islamists shoots them dead, behead them or throws gays off the tops of buildings.

See the difference?

590 posts, read 555,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the shooter was an american
No he wasn't, he was a radical muslim and had ties with ISIS, that doesn't make him an American.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:49 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,382,460 times

Even though my parents were not from Afghanistan, I also wanted to be their president. Ya see, it has nothing to do with it.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:49 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,920 times

Sounds about right. The media knows they have a way with things

Old 06-12-2016, 12:50 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,233,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This is true. I don't understand why people think that is insanity. LGBT have been perscuted by just about EVERY religion, especially by hardliners. I think that this is both an attack on gays and also an attack by a Muslim. I am not saying it is ISIS or another group (I honestly think it is a lone wolf with little if any ties to ISIS) but a Muslim, not all of them or even some, a single Muslim.
ISIS just took credit publicly.

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
This guy, just like the Boston bombers, was known as a possible threat by the FBI. Why is Obama's FBI ignoring these threats?? They had no problem spying on Fox News reporters like James Rosen, but refuse to "violate the privacy' of known radical Islamic threats. They bugged James Rosen's parents' house for goodness sakes. This idiot administration is tougher on conservative new reporters than they are on terrorists who end up killing dozens of people.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. What a terrible tragedy.
CNN just covered this actually. The shooter was under investigation twice (they didn't state who was investigating him) but not enough to bring about charges.

50,891 posts, read 24,393,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
In Islam, murdering gay people should be a free ticket to heaven. So how is this not a dangerous cult, but a so called religion of peace?
I'm curious who you think you're talking to. I don't see people on this forum calling Islam a religion of peace much.

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
This guy, just like the Boston bombers, was known as a possible threat by the FBI. Why is Obama's FBI ignoring these threats??
What exactly would you have him do here? We are dealing with an American citizen that had broke no laws.

Quote:
They had no problem spying on Fox News reporters like James Rosen, but refuse to "violate the privacy' of known radical Islamic threats. They bugged James Rosen's parents' house for goodness sakes. This idiot administration is tougher on conservative new reporters than they are on terrorists who end up killing dozens of people.

That the administration is so willing to ignore the rights of many is not a good argument to ignore the rights of many more. Removing rights leads to the things you condemn the president for. (and rightly so)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies