Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we have stricter gun-ownership laws?
Yes 114 28.08%
No 292 71.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:37 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
They just charged a guy because his SON killed someone else...

but you'll never be taken alive, eh?
I'll never have to worry about it.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'll never have to worry about it.
That's what they ALL think....

Old 05-31-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
That's what they ALL think....
All who??? Why would I ever go to prison? Why would you even think such a thing? Say no to Crack.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
All who??? Why would I ever go to prison? Why would you even think such a thing? Say no to Crack.
For using your gun...or letting someone else get ahold of your gun and using it..

like the guy I mentioned? His son got his gun and was screwing around and shot his cousin with it...and they dropped the charges against the BOY and held his FATHER liable...

Or refusing to give it up when the government asks you to...

Old 06-01-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
For using your gun...or letting someone else get ahold of your gun and using it..

like the guy I mentioned? His son got his gun and was screwing around and shot his cousin with it...and they dropped the charges against the BOY and held his FATHER liable...

I have no plans on shooting anybody and if someone gets my gun they will need a cutting torch to do so, if the government comes to get my guns then I guess I have to hand them over but thats not going to happen.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:21 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times
Quote:

as he should be charged, it is a parents responsibility to make sure the firearm is in a safe location away from childrens hands.

The government does not rule me, I am one of our governments bosses, we elect them to uphold the constitution of the united states of America, if you dont like that the constitution is for everyone, no matter what they may say then you can leave. We have the right to carry and use firearms to defend ourselves, I have given ample evidence to support this throughout this thousand or so posts, you just refuse to acknowledge these facts, including the WORDS OF OUR FOUNDING FATHERS ON WHAT THEY MEANT THE SECOND AMENDMENT FOR.
I will never go to prison for defending my life or the lives of my family.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
as he should be charged, it is a parents responsibility to make sure the firearm is in a safe location away from childrens hands.

The government does not rule me, I am one of our governments bosses, we elect them to uphold the constitution of the united states of America, if you dont like that the constitution is for everyone, no matter what they may say then you can leave. We have the right to carry and use firearms to defend ourselves, I have given ample evidence to support this throughout this thousand or so posts, you just refuse to acknowledge these facts, including the WORDS OF OUR FOUNDING FATHERS ON WHAT THEY MEANT THE SECOND AMENDMENT FOR.
I will never go to prison for defending my life or the lives of my family.
Port Charlotte, FL. Man shoots attacker, goes to jail. Turns out he was screwing the guy's wife, and had PLENTY of opportunities to NOT shoot the man. And that's why he was sent to jail. Malice aforethought, preventable crime.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:45 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Port Charlotte, FL. Man shoots attacker, goes to jail. Turns out he was screwing the guy's wife, and had PLENTY of opportunities to NOT shoot the man. And that's why he was sent to jail. Malice aforethought, preventable crime.

So, he committed a crime & went to prison, no different that a chucky chan wannabe beating his wifes boyfriend. Keep reaching Chucky.
All crimes involve malice & aforethought. Like planing ahead how to steal a persons gun.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:33 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The SG was trying to prevent the 1986 machine gun ban from being eliminated as a result of this case. He didn't appear to actually support DC's ban. The justices made mincemeat out of his arguments, in case you didn't listen too carefully to what they said...
Only when you're wearing your NRA supplied rose colored glasses.

My guess is that the Surgeon General's position will be quite close to what the court orders.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:26 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Only when you're wearing your NRA supplied rose colored glasses.

My guess is that the Surgeon General's position will be quite close to what the court orders.
Who cares about the Surgeon generals position?

The Solicitor General didn't take much of a position. His statements were very broad & could be read many ways. My guess is his brief was done that way intentionally so it could blend in with whatever the Justices decide.

If the court orders open carry for the district it could be considered in line with the SG's position. I dont think that will happen but nothing in his brief ruled it out. It all hinges on what the SC decides is unreasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies