Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we have stricter gun-ownership laws?
Yes 114 28.08%
No 292 71.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:26 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiksi View Post
Well yes... but i am trying to say that social system, as well as inequality is to blame for crime in USA.

In my town, where i was born, there was like perhaps 1 murder per 100 000...every kind of crime was really RARE.

In ten years here, i have seen things, people got killed... teenage gangs...
every kind of crime... If this country offers so many possibilities, why do people turn to crime?
The town you were born in? How many people in that town?

And, how many people in the United States?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:29 AM

266 posts, read 402,540 times
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does'nt your country have legal prostitution?
What about drugs?

How many are infected with aids and giving it to someone else? Then multiply that everyday. People from other countries get infected and bring it back to there own country.
The grass is not always greener on the other side.
Besides that, if the polar caps melt, your country will be under water.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Well yes... but i am trying to say that social system, as well as inequality is to blame for crime in USA.

In my town, where i was born, there was like perhaps 1 murder per 100 000...every kind of crime was really RARE.

In ten years here, i have seen things, people got killed... teenage gangs...
every kind of crime... If this country offers so many possibilities, why do people turn to crime?

There must be reasons...
What about drugs?

How many are infected with aids and giving it to someone else? Then multiply that everyday. People from other countries get infected and bring it back to there own country.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:43 AM

418 posts, read 564,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by small arms View Post
What about drugs?

No, prostitution is illegal... but exists, of course.

AIDS is extremely rare, around 0.045 per 1000, which is one of the lowest rates in the world...

City has around 700 000 people.

What do polar caps have to do with all this?

Old 03-09-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
No, prostitution is illegal... but exists, of course.

AIDS is extremely rare, around 0.045 per 1000, which is one of the lowest rates in the world...

City has around 700 000 people.

What do polar caps have to do with all this?
Grass is not always greener on the other side.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:11 AM

418 posts, read 564,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by small arms View Post
Grass is not always greener on the other side.
You keep repeating this, what does it have to do with anything?

I was JUST trying to ask, WHAT do people think is a cause for all this crime?

Everyone talks about harsher sentences... BUT what's the cause?

Old 03-09-2008, 09:13 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The frail and week need not survive. Only the strong need to. I'm 37, and I'm stronger today than I was as a teenager. Of course, I also weigh twice as much. At work, I have to pick up close to 300 pounds to take something off a pallet, and put it gently in its spot. The table saw is the heaviest thing...at 287 pounds. I also handle safes and generators. Oddly, women don't last long in that sort of work...too demanding for them, I suppose.
Thats just absurd, your not fooling anyone, we live in the real world not some dream world, on here you can pretend to be what you want but we all know better, the horrible post you made to Noahma was way over the top and shows you are either a child or have brain damage.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:14 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
You keep repeating this, what does it have to do with anything?

I was JUST trying to ask, WHAT do people think is a cause for all this crime?

Everyone talks about harsher sentences... BUT what's the cause?
How about, to start, laziness. Yes, laziness.

Many do not want to work hard, to earn the money, to buy the things that they want.

They want to deal drugs, to get the money, to buy the blings. Or, the Escalades etc.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:22 AM
CNI

194 posts, read 578,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNI View Post
Just curious...
What would all of you metal-hearts (I term it that way because quite a few 2nd amendment zealots seem to have very little actual heart without the metal) do if you find yourself incarcerated?
No access to a gun for defense behind bars.
Will you then look to the system or the guards for protection (for yourself and for your family on the outside)?
For the third time,
these are my ORIGINAL questions.
I have not seen one response directly answering the questions.
There have been many attempts to skirt the questions but no direct answers.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:27 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Where's our armory? Nearest one, to MY knowledge, is in Arcadia, FL. The government should supply us with guns and ammunition in ITS defense. But, if you haven't noticed, we already have a STANDING army and a national guard, which kind of negates the need for a "militia", doesn't it? Or does it? Personally, a defensive militia is ALL we need, and is all that was intended by the Founding Fathers.

Again you show how clueless you are. In case you havent noticed that army & national guard work for the Gov't.

The citizenry has no armoury. It is suposed to provide for itself.

You are correct, a militia IS what they wanted, it is what we are, every male citizen between 18 & 50. You choose to ignore your duty & compound it by standing in the way of others more realistic than yourself.

But some guns, practice & get proficient so you can do your duty.
Or be quiet & let men handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies