Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 01:01 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
What people don't realize about the Clintons is they are both apolitical. They only wrap themselves in progressive policies for expediency. The Clintons care only about 2 things:. Empowering themselves and enriching themselves.
Whereas Trump has a history of working tirelessly to make things better for people? Really?

The Clintons are both sharp attorneys and could have amassed a fortune in the private sector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 01:21 PM

50,344 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Whereas Trump has a history of working tirelessly to make things better for people? Really?

The Clintons are both sharp attorneys and could have amassed a fortune in the private sector.
OMG, seriously? Bill Clinton is disbarred, and both of them HAVE amassed a fortune in the private sector.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:55 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That would explain the lack of prison time for Richard Nixon.

No argument from me.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:24 PM

Strangely enough, over the years I've observed that those who are forever pointing fingers at others are often guilty of exactly what they are accusing others of.

Back in our hitchhiking days, my sister and I noticed that whenever a driver said that they picked us up so that we wouldn't get picked up by a pervert, you could bet that some pervert action was coming and it was time to get out.

Countless times we've all witnessed the righteous carrying on about the lax morals of others, only to be caught in compromising positions themselves.

Ken Starr, whose Javert-like pursuit of Bill Clinton helped bring a level of mean-spirited intensity to partisan politics, has now been revealed to be a monumental sleazeball himself.

Naturally, can't help but wonder about all these current accusers of dirty dealings.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 06-20-2016 at 03:33 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
both of them HAVE amassed a fortune in the private sector.
They have amassed a sizable personal net worth through their own labor – speaking, consulting, and writing.

On the couple’s 2014 tax return, they reported income of about $22,000 from investments.

Unless you believe that these are bribes of some sort that RWNs have been unable to figure out, the Clintons are behaving well within the law and well within the boundaries of what most politicians, including most Presidents, have done.

But I appreciate you and your cohorts continuing to post. It's enlightening.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:54 PM

50,344 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
They have amassed a sizable personal net worth through their own labor – speaking, consulting, and writing.

On the couple’s 2014 tax return, they reported income of about $22,000 from investments.

Unless you believe that these are bribes of some sort that RWNs have been unable to figure out, the Clintons are behaving well within the law and well within the boundaries of what most politicians, including most Presidents, have done.

But I appreciate you and your cohorts continuing to post. It's enlightening.
You're welcome.

I do not argue the fact that people should take advantage of any and all economic/tax opportunities, that is called capitalism. What I do object to, is when it is not applied equally to others (Republicans) who do it.

I have an old aunt who reports $45000. in investment income a year and, guess what?, she doesn't do any $650k speaking engagements a year.

Last edited by gentlearts; 06-20-2016 at 04:08 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 04:24 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,936,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
No I'm going to call it right now. I'm sticking a fork in the anti-Clinton crusade. You guys are done.

And the point is, should she win--- and it is likely she will-- the crusade will be a colossal failure.

Decades of propaganda against the Clinton's will have failed to even leave a dent.

Wake up! They're headed for the presidency.

Rush Limbaugh is a failure. Sean Hannity is a failure.

These guys are political snake oil salesmen. Political pied pipers who have led their followers off a cliff ...
For me the more interesting question is:

Why couldn't the powerful GOP and the media personalities like Limbaugh and Hannity stop Clinton and the Democrats? Why? Certainly not for lack of space on the airwaves or donor funding.

I think it has to do with the change of national priorities, not understanding that most Americans will not "buy" many of the Republican talking points, but most of all: the change in the US population demographics.

The GOP is entrenched and uncompromising on certain issues that appeal to only older white, male, Christian voters. They are reluctant to bring in groups that will create "a bigger tent."

Example: a while ago I was listening to one of the most popular conservative radio talk show hosts. The topic was illegal immigrants. The host and his guest were adamant that no immigration reform, pathway to citizenship, "dream act," or leniency must take place. "Arrest and deport them" seemed to be the mantra. A caller asked how can the Republicans win over the majority of US Hispanic voters with that policy? The host replied, "oh, I think most of them agree with us on that issue ... either that or we'll figure out a way to get them to vote for us despite the immigration issue." To me that is an example of naivete and wishful thinking.

Another example: Some conservatives imagine the legalization of same sex marriage in all 50 states a year ago by the Supreme Court would create universal outrage and a huge backlash. They cannot believe or accept the fact that a large significant majority of Americans actually supported marriage equality. Yet I'm sure the national GOP will pass some kind of platform denouncing LGBT folks and same sex marriage. They are out of touch.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:54 PM

23,961 posts, read 15,066,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You're welcome.

I do not argue the fact that people should take advantage of any and all economic/tax opportunities, that is called capitalism. What I do object to, is when it is not applied equally to others (Republicans) who do it.

I have an old aunt who reports $45000. in investment income a year and, guess what?, she doesn't do any $650k speaking engagements a year.
I got curious about those speaking fees. So Google became my friend. Hillary is small potatoes compared to what some get. I was stunned that groups will still pay $100 K plus to hear Guiliani.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I got curious about those speaking fees. So Google became my friend. Hillary is small potatoes compared to what some get. I was stunned that groups will still pay $100 K plus to hear Guiliani.
Here's the deal. If you are holding an event where people pay big bucks to attend and you will get a bunch of people to sign up if you have speakers they want to hear, then you pay for the speakers they want to hear. If Guilliani is who they want to hear, then you pay his fee.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:27 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
After 25+ years of Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Bob Grant, Mark Levin, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham and others attacking the Clinton's and trying to stop them by any means necessary, they are now faced with the prospect of watching them retake the presidency!

All those years trying every trick in the book to put the Clinton's away for good and nothing has stopped them!

And here they are again a hair's breathe away from the power of the presidency! And Trump is already getting clobbered out of the gate.

Aww man, that's gotta burn conservatives and ditto heads.

The Right Wing tears of unfathomable sadness on election night after such a long struggle to do away with the Clinton's will be titanic.

I mean, they failed. They failed miserably. They spent 25+ years on a crusade to take down the Clinton's and they failed miserably. The Clinton's are stronger than ever and about to reach the highest rung of American power for the second time!

I mean, Hillary is a demon to conservatives.

How does Rush Limbaugh not commit suicide after this? In his mind, after devoting his life to stopping the Clinton's he must see himself as a colossal loser.
Corruption goes deep .. money and power goes far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies