Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2016, 08:24 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times

Advertisements

He pulled a classic bait and switch on the GOP voter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 09:12 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,902,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlees View Post
It won't matter, Trumpsters are programmed to forget everything Donald has said previously.

Wait for it, by next week he'll be touting a path to citizenship and claim he's the first one to ever think of it.
Trump mentioned being open to amnesty as recent as 2013, even Gary Johnson has never promoted amnesty. It was in a tweet he sent out, it's easy to find with a Google search. I'm starting to think Trumps political views change with his mood. You get him worked up and angry and he starts talking about "task forces" to round up illegals, banning Muslims, tracking Muslims, etc. he gets in a good mood and all of a sudden Socttish Muslims are fine to enter, rich Muslims are good too, we aren't going to deport the good illegals, etc. The Trump supporters like to bash Johnson over his illegal immigration statements, but what Trump is saying now isn't much different. Get rid of the criminals and allow the ones with jobs to stay, just make them pay taxes by getting them a proper visa.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:31 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Mr. Dobson also notes that Trump speaks little of 'belief and faith' and more of 'religion'.

Worry not. According to Newt - making some Sunday rounds - Trump is still 'evolving' when asked about him walking back deportation. And the Muslim Ban. And the wall.

Translation: There will be no mass deportation; no wall; and no Muslim Ban.

His supporters will be SO disappointed.
Right--the Muslim ban. He just walked that back while promoting himself and his golf course in Scotland.

So how exactly would this new flip-flopped Trump policy work? If a Muslim migrated from Yemen to Scotland and became naturalized, is he ok to come in then? If a Scottish Muslim was traveling from Yemen, is he ok to come in then?

Can you imagine the layers of bureaucracy and increased government workers needed to determine every single person (who may or may not be a Muslim--or how the US would determine who is Muslim--what if they had converted?) that may or may not be allowed into the country?

Trump has no idea what he is saying over half the time, what his policies are, what he thinks or how anything would even work. He is the most ridiculous specimen of a candidate ever to run--and this becomes more and more evident every time he opens his mouth.

"It wouldn't bother me, it wouldn't bother me," Trump said when asked whether he would allow a Scottish Muslim into the U.S. under his policy.

His campaign spokeswoman, Hicks, then told CNN that Trump does not support banning all foreign Muslims from entering the U.S. but instead would ban Muslims from "terror states" -- though he did not specify which states he believed supported terror.

Donald Trump's shifting positions on Muslim ban - CNNPolitics.com

TOLD YOU SO (Continued): Trump's 'Total and Complete' Reversal on Muslim Ban | RedState

Trump Shifts Muslim Ban to Only Focus on "Terrorist" Nations - ABC News

Old 06-26-2016, 10:20 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You can dwell over words. I don't care if there is "mass deportation" as long as there is deportation. So no, that's not gonna turn me away from Trump. If you enforce current laws, you have to deport. You obviously don't care about laws.
He must have read my post.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...95602798178304

Old 06-26-2016, 10:23 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
So he doesn't plan on doing what he said he was going to do to win the GOP primary.

Backpedaling Trump.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:27 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Sorry, Trump fans. He hasn't even been elected, and already is changing his positions. One by one, he is going to reverse all the reasons why you liked him in the first place. I think I am beginning to like him already.

What does he stand for? Getting elected. Just like the politicians, it turns out.

Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations' | TheHill

Mick
Trump never said mass deportations.. that is what the left said.. the left always puts words in Trump's mouth and believes it.. something definitely wrong with the thinking and the reporting of the left. "They are not to be believed on anything said by a republican.

I know Trump is going to build the wall, try and get passed the e-verify network to keep illegals from getting jobs that Americans should have.. he will think it over in regards to self deportation as a main tool to have them leave.

I know Trump wants the anchor baby right to be taken away.. no more free ride for all those women who have babies here to just get welfare while their man works for the paycheck.. Trump is going to stop it through legislation.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:29 AM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Call it what you want. As long as we are moving 15,000 or illegals per day out of the country then Trump will be keeping his promise.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Right--the Muslim ban. He just walked that back while promoting himself and his golf course in Scotland.

So how exactly would this new flip-flopped Trump policy work? If a Muslim migrated from Yemen to Scotland and became naturalized, is he ok to come in then? If a Scottish Muslim was traveling from Yemen, is he ok to come in then?

Can you imagine the layers of bureaucracy and increased government workers needed to determine every single person (who may or may not be a Muslim--or how the US would determine who is Muslim--what if they had converted?) that may or may not be allowed into the country?

Trump has no idea what he is saying over half the time, what his policies are, what he thinks or how anything would even work. He is the most ridiculous specimen of a candidate ever to run--and this becomes more and more evident every time he opens his mouth.

"It wouldn't bother me, it wouldn't bother me," Trump said when asked whether he would allow a Scottish Muslim into the U.S. under his policy.

His campaign spokeswoman, Hicks, then told CNN that Trump does not support banning all foreign Muslims from entering the U.S. but instead would ban Muslims from "terror states" -- though he did not specify which states he believed supported terror.

Donald Trump's shifting positions on Muslim ban - CNNPolitics.com

TOLD YOU SO (Continued): Trump's 'Total and Complete' Reversal on Muslim Ban | RedState

Trump Shifts Muslim Ban to Only Focus on "Terrorist" Nations - ABC News
Nothing different at all. Trump does not want Syrian muslims here, that is the hot bed of terrorists.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Call it what you want. As long as we are moving 15,000 or illegals per day out of the country then Trump will be keeping his promise.
There could be many more.. if they self deport, more power to Trump!

Old 06-26-2016, 10:31 AM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Nothing different at all. Trump does not want Syrian muslims here, that is the hot bed of terrorists.
How about Belgian-born muslims? They have done more than the Syrian ones. Honestly, I would be far more comfortable with Syrian refugees than European muslims coming in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies