Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 11:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I find it odd in 2016 that literally 90% of the men I know claim they "hate" working with women. Even the most liberal man-bun sporting hipster guys will admit that they don't like working with women behind closed doors. While I've never had any problem working with women, most the guys I know say that women are over-dramatic, can't separate home life from work, or say that most women are simply unpleasant to deal with 5-10 days out of the month.

What's the deal guys? Why do so many men have a problem with female co-workers or bosses? Even my best friend who's ultra liberal and super laid back says "if he could avoid working with women he would." I just find that odd. Most the women I've worked with have been both competent and profession.

I don't know about hate... I just find it "hard"

Every 10 seconds a man is around you women, he is thinking about what it would be like to have sex with you. (human nature)

Old 07-19-2016, 11:19 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Never had a problem with working with women. Women also don't seem to have a problem with me.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Never had a problem with working with women. Women also don't seem to have a problem with me.
Odd. I have the same experience.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:21 AM

1,544 posts, read 925,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Lol, that attitude there is exactly why men don't like working with women.
If a woman refuses to take sexist bull from a guy, then she has a right to put him in his place.

Now go in the kitchen like a good little boy and fix me a sammich.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:32 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post

I would dare a guy to say something like this to my face. And then I would verbally destroy him past recovery. My voice would echo through the space-time continuum, summoning all other women to specifically treat this man like sh*t to show him what "unpleasant" REALLY means. And I would especially inform his mother.
I am a woman, and I dislike working with other women exactly for this reason. They never forget and never forgive. And they like to make you feel worthless for the slightest fault. Makes me feel ashamed to be a woman myself sometimes.

The best workplace climate I had was in a place where everyone except me was a guy. And they never tried to hit on me either.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:54 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,820,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
I am a woman, and I dislike working with other women exactly for this reason. They never forget and never forgive. And they like to make you feel worthless for the slightest fault. Makes me feel ashamed to be a woman myself sometimes.

The best workplace climate I had was in a place where everyone except me was a guy. And they never tried to hit on me either.
Read post #209, and not be too lazy to read just the first page. Thanks.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:06 AM

1,544 posts, read 925,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post

I'm a woman too. Never liked working around other girls, either.

To me, there's a big difference between a woman and a girl. Women get off their butts and handle their business. Girls waste time doing girly stuff like gossiping and what have you.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:07 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I find it odd in 2016 that literally 90% of the men I know claim they "hate" working with women.
I guess the men you know are odd.

I know men who dislike having a woman as a boss. But I've never heard a man say they don't like working with women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies