Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 12:36 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,819,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post

I would dare a guy to say something like this to my face. And then I would verbally destroy him past recovery. My voice would echo through the space-time continuum, summoning all other women to specifically treat this man like sh*t to show him what "unpleasant" REALLY means. And I would especially inform his mother.
Lol, that attitude there is exactly why men don't like working with women.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:00 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,750 times
Quote:

I would dare a guy to say something like this to my face. And then I would verbally destroy him past recovery. My voice would echo through the space-time continuum, summoning all other women to specifically treat this man like sh*t to show him what "unpleasant" REALLY means. And I would especially inform his mother.
/thread

And this is why most men don't like working with women. Men will sort the altercation through verbal or physical means and then grab a few beers afterwards and forget about it.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:30 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,819,011 times
Lmfao at all the people using me alone to stereotype all women. It's that kind of thinking that leads to sexism, I am an individual and my thoughts should only represent me, not everyone who identifies as a woman.

To those not bothering to read the rest of my posts on this thread and only address my first one is cropping to fit your misogynistic views. So you admit that you hate women then?

Old 07-19-2016, 06:41 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Women are smart..warm..fuzzy ...fun..they are soft..deadly..and loving..when abused or scorned they can hate with every part of their being

Some make good police officers...most don't...

I would rather work with a man any day

I would rather be with my wife otherwise...she's much smarter than me and I learn from her daily...it's a good blend.. I make decisive decisions..she makes decisive critiques

Last edited by notmeofficer; 07-19-2016 at 06:56 PM..

Old 07-19-2016, 06:46 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,347 times
Unisex bathroom and it is always the women that dribble on the seat. How do you miss from point-blank range

Legit post.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:48 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm female and I can't stand working with other females. The bolded is the exact reason I can't stand it. You can also add in: Repeating their birthing story over, and over, and over, and over again...I really. REALLY am not interested. Nor am I interested in talking about their kid that I've never met in my life. But mostly, it's because they are extremely dramatic, catty, vicious, backstabbing, whiny, and do anything BUT their work. (You can also look a couple of posts above mine for an example as to why I cannot stand working with females.)

I've met a lot of whiny guys, too, but they are the minority compared to guys who do not whine like babies over every little thing.

(Of course it's not all females, it's the majority of them.)
I beg to differ, work with 97% males, macho types, they do great work, but I'm the dam babysitter! Whine, cry, complain and no --seldom talk about kids, but darn that football game!! Ahhhgg ---they can't find a pen, write a decent letter ( all college grads) new forms or programs drive them crazy and don't know how to mail a letter, one called me a bout a dead bird in the garage,,, what to do with it????

Old 07-19-2016, 06:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Poppycock.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:24 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:

You didn't intend to do this, but you just provided substantiation for the premise of the OP. I've never had a female co-worker or a boss, so I don't have any personal experiences to add about its validity. But some of the close women friends I've had would have been great as co-workers and some not good at all. No accurate generalization can be made about this subject, as people of both sexes run the full spectrum from nice to nasty.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:35 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,819,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
You didn't intend to do this, but you just provided substantiation for the premise of the OP. I've never had a female co-worker or a boss, so I don't have any personal experiences to add about its validity. But some of the close women friends I've had would have been great as co-workers and some not good at all. No accurate generalization can be made about this subject, as people of both sexes run the full spectrum from nice to nasty.
Yes I did intend to do this yet it fell flat on deaf ears because people read only what they want to read, everyone using that post alone to say they hate working with ALL women is all the proof I need to show that misogyny in the workplace is very much alive. To judge one woman's actions or words (in this case mine) against all women is discrimination and stereotyping, no?

I said that because I wanted to say how judging a woman's feelings and downright ignoring them because of a period was misogynistic and rude, but of course no one cares about that. I exaggerated my anger on that post for a reason, see my first paragraph.

I did it to bring out all those who discriminate, and I did a phenomenal job because I still keep getting rep for that post and many to this day are replying to me even though I made that weeks ago. It brought the sexists out of the shadows, which is all I wanted out of this thread. To prove the OP correct, that MANY, and I do mean MANY, people think this way, even self-hating women.

Remember women finally got rights about four to five generations ago. I know many people who still have great-grandparents alive. These ways of thinking have a long and hard way of dying out, and this thread is enough proof of that IMO.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:22 PM

594 posts, read 699,088 times
Default I would work with you and for you anytime Ms Pear.

Quote:
Lmfao at all the people using me alone to type all women. It's that kind of thinking that leads to sexism, I am an individual and my thoughts should only represent me, not everyone who identifies as a woman.

To those not bothering to read the rest of my posts on this thread and only address my first one is cropping to fit your misogynistic views. So you admit that you hate women then?
I am a man who loves strong women. I find it VERY sexy. I love older strong women.
Every strong woman I've worked for and everyone else hated ended up in a continous private situation if you know what I mean.
I wish there were no men in the workforce but me and women !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies