Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 01:40 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,589 times

Advertisements

I find it odd in 2016 that literally 90% of the men I know claim they "hate" working with women. Even the most liberal man-bun sporting hipster guys will admit that they don't like working with women behind closed doors. While I've never had any problem working with women, most the guys I know say that women are over-dramatic, can't separate home life from work, or say that most women are simply unpleasant to deal with 5-10 days out of the month.

What's the deal guys? Why do so many men have a problem with female co-workers or bosses? Even my best friend who's ultra liberal and super laid back says "if he could avoid working with women he would." I just find that odd. Most the women I've worked with have been both competent and profession.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:54 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,808,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I find it odd in 2016 that literally 90% of the men I know claim they "hate" working with women. Even the most liberal man-bun sporting hipster guys will admit that they don't like working with women behind closed doors. While I've never had any problem working with women, most the guys I know say that women are over-dramatic, can't separate home life from work, or say that most women are simply unpleasant to deal with 5-10 days out of the month.

What's the deal guys? Why do so many men have a problem with female co-workers or bosses? Even my best friend who's ultra liberal and super laid back says "if he could avoid working with women he would." I just find that odd. Most the women I've worked with have been both competent and profession.

I would dare a guy to say something like this to my face. And then I would verbally destroy him past recovery. My voice would echo through the space-time continuum, summoning all other women to specifically treat this man like sh*t to show him what "unpleasant" REALLY means. And I would especially inform his mother.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:55 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
OP, That's about a 9/10 on the passive-aggressive scale.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:01 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,914,840 times
Quote:

Can't relate. 90%? Maybe it's the area you work in? (I'm a 62 y/o male)

Anyway, if I had 10 bucks for every time I've heard a woman say or post in an employment/workplace forum "I'd rather work for/with men than other women" I'd have a crapload of ten dollar bills.

To much cattiness/drama seems to be the biggest reasons.

I've observed that firsthand over my many years in the corporate world. Amusing as long as it doesn't get in the way of production.

As far a man telling a woman "... most women are simply unpleasant to deal with 5-10 days out of the month",
how low-classed. I don't any man who would say that at work. Not in this day and age.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:03 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post

I would dare a guy to say something like this to my face. And then I would verbally destroy him past recovery. My voice would echo through the space-time continuum, summoning all other women to specifically treat this man like sh*t to show him what "unpleasant" REALLY means. And I would especially inform his mother.
Is this satire?

Old 06-30-2016, 02:08 AM

Quote:

Sure you would, 5 - 10 days of the month. What about the other 20-26 days

Last edited by doc1; 06-30-2016 at 02:30 AM..

Old 06-30-2016, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Oh look, a misogynist.
Right, and that's my BEST attribute.

By the way, I was making a sarcastic joke forgetting that feminists and humor don't mix well.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:10 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,808,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Right, and that's my BEST attribute.

By the way, I was making a sarcastic joke forgetting that feminists and humor don't mix well.
Dismissing a woman's position or feelings based on a menstruation cycle is incredibly sexist. The stereotype associated with a women's period only affects around 3-8% of all women. It's a condition called PMDD. Real women know how to handle themselves on their period, unless they have PMDD as stated above. It would be the equivalent of saying, "Men have no emotions and they don't love anyone, they only think with their dicks." And therefore dismiss anything feelings a man may show them.

I hope OP knows that the men they know are actually misogynists. They clearly won't say it openly because they know it's discriminatory. I'm not saying women can't be bad coworkers, but to dismiss all women because of the few they deal with is sexist. I get prejudiced all the time for bad things other people do, even at work sometimes in fact it's hurt my employment (sexist remarks like the OP has heard) before. Workplace discrimination is very much a real thing still.

The men OP talked to probably don't want women stepping into "their" territory. They would be much happier if they were at home in the kitchen.

Also doc1, I didn't see your first post on this thread. I apologize and retract my other statement. I only saw your joke one and I didn't take to that lightly. I will be deleting it.

As you can see this upsets me, because I'm someone who actually deals with these prejudices from time to time. Unfortunately, they still exist. And a lot of men actually say these things. I don't like Hillary at all, but go see what some people have said about a having a woman president... Incredibly hurtful. It's a damn shame women had to fight for so long to even have these rights and some men still don't respect us as equals.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:19 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,876 times
Quote:
Oh look, a misogynist.
"Misogynist: A man who hates women as much as women hate one another." - H.L. Mencken

I don't hate women by any means. I'm a momma's boy. And my favorite people in this world, are all women.

With that said, the idea that men and women are more-or-less equal is downright absurd.

And honestly, men are overly patient when it comes to women, and hold them to a different standard(a lower standard). I always tell my friend, if there was ever a man who behaved like a woman, he would get popped in the face.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:06 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:

I'm female and I can't stand working with other females. The bolded is the exact reason I can't stand it. You can also add in: Repeating their birthing story over, and over, and over, and over again...I really. REALLY am not interested. Nor am I interested in talking about their kid that I've never met in my life. But mostly, it's because they are extremely dramatic, catty, vicious, backstabbing, whiny, and do anything BUT their work. (You can also look a couple of posts above mine for an example as to why I cannot stand working with females.)

I've met a lot of whiny guys, too, but they are the minority compared to guys who do not whine like babies over every little thing.

(Of course it's not all females, it's the majority of them.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies