Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 10:57 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,560,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Nope, let's pretend we care about the victims (or say they're getting what they deserved), while complaining about brown (and unsurprisingly, black) people.

they do deserve it because they're doing nothing about it. their own policies have led to this.

when you make it racist to be a patriot, you're asking for trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 10:58 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,976,606 times
Liberal utopia.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:01 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,182,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
they do deserve it because they're doing nothing about it. their own policies have led to this.

when you make it racist to be a patriot, you're asking for trouble.
Who is "they"? I am not responsible for anyone's actions, but my own. I would love to hear how this 17 year-old deserved it, and how much that narrative would change if she was sexually assaulted by someone who looks like her.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:04 AM

15,652 posts, read 10,415,992 times
When or if the Swedish people perceive Muslim immigrants as a threat to Swedish citizens, they will change their political leaders. They have not chosen that option in large numbers so one can assume the citizens are mostly satisfied with the status quo.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:15 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Who is "they"? I am not responsible for anyone's actions, but my own. I would love to hear how this 17 year-old deserved it, and how much that narrative would change if she was sexually assaulted by someone who looks like her.
they can vote right? they and their parents vote for these extremist politicians who make it racist to display the national flag of Sweden because it is not inclusive (has a cross on it). politicians who make a habit of criticizing the murder of terrorists. politicians who refuse to allow the description of criminals because it helps foster stereotypes. politicians who do nothing to enable police to do anything about known criminal asylum seekers - or update laws to keep them in jail instead of releasing them with a slap on the wrist.

everything in Sweden is considered racist when it comes to addressing their immigrant problem.

maybe they don't deserve it, but it's hard to feel sorry for them. stupid is as stupid does.

Sweden is the RAPE CAPITAL of Europe, thanks to their extreme leftist politicians.

watch this video, by a former refugee!! it's worth the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSJY0c8QWw

Old 07-06-2016, 11:33 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,222,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
When or if the Swedish people perceive Muslim immigrants as a threat to Swedish citizens, they will change their political leaders. They have not chosen that option in large numbers so one can assume the citizens are mostly satisfied with the status quo.
To be fair, the Swedish media is largely owned by the government. And what media is privately-owned, is controlled by a handful of multinational media conglomerates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_of_Sweden

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnier_Group

Plus, there are quite a few regulations on the media. As in many European countries, there are things like "hate-speech" laws, which make it difficult to criticize immigrants and immigration-policy. And thus, most of the crimes committed by immigrants are ignored or suppressed.

New Swedish Law Criminalizes Anti-immigration Internet Speech

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_Sweden

In any case, the media are not representative of the people. They are the same billionaire/financier-class who, as a result of their own economic interests, always support globalism/internationalism. They don't care about the little people.

I like this video. Not all of it. But the quotes about the media I felt are relevant to this discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDLyKSYRqXM

Old 07-06-2016, 12:31 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,930,216 times
to say Swedish girls deserve to be punished for immigration polices run by the Greens with less than 7 percent of the vote is misguided at best.

Things are going to change in Sweden for the better, though.

When people get fed up enough, they act.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:32 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,182,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
they can vote right? they and their parents vote for these extremist politicians who make it racist to display the national flag of Sweden because it is not inclusive (has a cross on it). politicians who make a habit of criticizing the murder of terrorists. politicians who refuse to allow the description of criminals because it helps foster stereotypes. politicians who do nothing to enable police to do anything about known criminal asylum seekers - or update laws to keep them in jail instead of releasing them with a slap on the wrist.

everything in Sweden is considered racist when it comes to addressing their immigrant problem.

maybe they don't deserve it, but it's hard to feel sorry for them. stupid is as stupid does.

Sweden is the RAPE CAPITAL of Europe, thanks to their extreme leftist politicians.

watch this video, by a former refugee!! it's worth the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSJY0c8QWw
Wow. Pretty appalling and disturbing. (Your comments)

And whose fault is it when they are raped by someone who looks like them?

FYI, your attitude towards it is counterproductive. You have no idea what the victims' belief systems or attitudes might be. These POS cowards who rape these women are pathetic, but those who blame the victims and say "I told you so" aren't much better.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:35 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,841,178 times
Just wanted to state that it is weird that you all labeled the gropers as refugees and Muslims based on the victim describing them as "immigrants."

And immigrant in Sweden could be a Polish person....

Where does it say they are Muslim or refugees? Maybe I overlooked it.

But FWIW I am a female and I have been groped as well like she described at various venues here in America. I bet many of the guys posting have either done it to American women/girls or were in a group and didn't stop one of their guy friends from doing it. So to act like this is a scourge of only refugee Muslims is very weird of American men IMO who frequently do the same sorts of assaults and verbal harrassment as well of females in this country.

I feel for the victims and I do agree with Shabazz in that the men should protect the women. I would actually be afraid for a guy to do that to me around my dad, brothers, uncles, male cousins, or my husband, or even my teenage son. The guy would be more assaulted than I am. As a female as well, I would have physically assaulted the guy myself, which is what was done to the perps all the times they messed with me and I was by myself.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:43 PM

15,652 posts, read 10,415,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Just wanted to state that it is weird that you all labeled the gropers as refugees and Muslims based on the victim describing them as "immigrants."

And immigrant in Sweden could be a Polish person....

Where does it say they are Muslim or refugees? Maybe I overlooked it.

But FWIW I am a female and I have been groped as well like she described at various venues here in America. I bet many of the guys posting have either done it to American women/girls or were in a group and didn't stop one of their guy friends from doing it. So to act like this is a scourge of only refugee Muslims is very weird of American men IMO who frequently do the same sorts of assaults and verbal harrassment as well of females in this country.

I feel for the victims and I do agree with Shabazz in that the men should protect the women. I would actually be afraid for a guy to do that to me around my dad, brothers, uncles, male cousins, or my husband, or even my teenage son. The guy would be more assaulted than I am. As a female as well, I would have physically assaulted the guy myself, which is what was done to the perps all the times they messed with me and I was by myself.
A Polish person would look like a Swedish person. Don't parse. The assailants looked like immigrants, different than Europeans.

Anyone who tried to assault me would get a big fist in the mouth. But we live in America, not Sweden. We have a different mindset and set of laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies