Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 04:19 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times

Advertisements

Black lives matter was founded due to police brutality of blacks.
Stuff like this has been going on for years, long before BLM.

One has to look beyond recent events to get a grasp on what the hell is going on in our cities and towns concerning blacks, and those that really don't like them, and there are many who fit that catigory, even if they won'tr admit it.
The well off whites couldn't care less what happens to blacks, and there-in lies a big part of the problem

For years and years, blacks have been held down by whites, in education, housing, employment, and opportunity.
Don't think so?
Take a look at the black communities in this country and get a first hand look at the results of neglect.
Neglect in proper housing, schools, public services etc.

Blacks, not all, have this notion dating back to the days of slavery, that America owes them something, while the whites say that was over two hundred years ago, we owe you nothing, and nothing is what the blacks are getting, and that is absolutely wrong.

Blacks don't want reparations, they want and need help.
They want the same schools that whites enjoy, they want the same highly skilled teachers teaching their kids, they want public services in their communities, the same as in the white communities.
These things are available in the white communities, so why not the black?

Why should the color of their skin determine their fate?
Most blacks are citizens of this country, and ought to be treated like the rest of the citizenry are treated.
Why in the black communities are there no opportunities offered as in white communities?
Why are there no community colleges in black communities?.
Why no startup and small business in black communities?
The why's list could go on and on.
Shamefully, the answer to these and many other why's is all the same, plain and simple, those in a position to offer help and opportunity to the black community, have turned a blind eye to the black community.

Many businesses, big and small in white communities got a start with government funding, as well as their blessing.
What is it about the black communities that puts a wall between them and those that should be helping?

Perhaps this coming from a white person may seem strange to some of you, but understand, blacks deserve the same opportunity as everyone else, and sadly is hasn't been forthcoming, and as a result, instead of peaceful co-existence, we now have civil unrest, bodering on race war.

In this day and age, that is just not acceptable.
Most blacks don't want handouts, they just want the same opportunities afforded the rest of the population.

Sadly, I believe many in law enforcement look at the black populations as something lower than the rest of us, and that is unacceptable.
The unrest in the black communities is nothing new, it has been going on for years.
When is the rest of the country going to realize these people need, and want help?
When will the rest of the population realize the same things they enjoy and take for granted, are sadly missing in the black community?
They need community development, schools and colleges, unbiased law enforcement also.
I believe the white population is mostly to blame for the unrest in the black communities across this country, and they better damm well understand that unless the problems within the black communities are addressed, all hell is going to break out, and soon.

Blacks have been neglected for far to long.

Why even here in LosAngeles, and I think it fair to say, many other cities in this country, illegal aliens are treated better, and given more opportunity than the blacks in this country.
I believe we have our priorities a bit misguided.

Bob.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:56 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,012 times
...get over it...

Old 07-09-2016, 05:58 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Ya know what, Bob? Blacks need to solve their own damn problems. I. don't. care. about. them.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:00 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Demorats and their Black-puppets have destroyed city after city in the USA.

I'm supposed to feel sorry for childish and ultra-violent Blacks, NOPE!

Old 07-09-2016, 06:02 PM

4,383 posts, read 4,388,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

One has to look beyond recent events to get a grasp on what the hell is going on in our cities and towns concerning blacks, and those that really don't like them, and there are many who fit that catigory, even if they won'tr admit it.
The well off whites couldn't care less what happens to blacks, and there-in lies a big part of the problem

For years and years, blacks have been held down by whites, in education, housing, employment, and opportunity.
Don't think so?
Take a look at the black communities in this country and get a first hand look at the results of neglect.

Blacks, not all, have this notion dating back to the days of slavery, that America owes them something, while the whites say that was over two hundred years ago, we owe you nothing, and nothing is what the blacks are getting, and that is absolutely wrong.

They want the same schools that whites enjoy, they want the same highly skilled teachers teaching their kids, they want public services in their communities, the same as in the white communities.

Most blacks are citizens of this country, and ought to be treated like the rest of the citizenry are treated.
Why in the black communities are there no opportunities offered as in white communities?
Shamefully, the answer to these and many other why's is all the same, plain and simple, those in a position to offer help and opportunity to the black community, have turned a blind eye to the black community.

Many businesses, big and small in white communities got a start with government funding, as well as their blessing.
What is it about the black communities that puts a wall between them and those that should be helping?

Perhaps this coming from a white person may seem strange to some of you, but understand, blacks deserve the same opportunity as everyone else, and sadly is hasn't been forthcoming, and as a result, instead of peaceful co-existence, we now have civil unrest, bodering on race war.

Most blacks don't want handouts, they just want the same opportunities afforded the rest of the population.

Sadly, I believe many in law enforcement look at the black populations as something lower than the rest of us, and that is unacceptable.
The unrest in the black communities is nothing new, it has been going on for years.
When is the rest of the country going to realize these people need, and want help?
When will the rest of the population realize the same things they enjoy and take for granted, are sadly missing in the black community?
They need community development, schools and colleges, unbiased law enforcement also.
I believe the white population is mostly to blame for the unrest in the black communities across this country, and they better damm well understand that unless the problems within the black communities are addressed, all hell is going to break out, and soon.

Why even here in LosAngeles, and I think it fair to say, many other cities in this country, illegal aliens are treated better, and given more opportunity than the blacks in this country.

Bob.

Good Lord.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:14 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
Quote:

Bob.

Then blacks line up and support the party that welcomes illegals with open arms, talk about cutting your own throat. Hmmm, wonder if some of the problems with blacks is self inflicted? I could go on and on and rip your thread to shreds but today I do not feel like stealing candy from a baby. Plus I would n"t want take all the fun away from other posters.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:29 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Bob, in Kansas city they once tried throwing vast sums of money at this problem....

Quote:
Money and School Performance: Lessons from the Kansas City Desegregation Experiment | Cato Institute

For decades critics of the public schools have been saying, “You can’t solve educational problems by throwing money at them.” The education establishment and its supporters have replied, “No one’s ever tried.” In Kansas City they did try. To improve the education of black students and encourage desegregation, a federal judge invited the Kansas City, Missouri, School District to come up with a cost-is-no-object educational plan and ordered local and state taxpayers to find the money to pay for it.

Kansas City spent as much as $11,700 per pupil—more money per pupil, on a cost of living adjusted basis, than any other of the 280 largest districts in the country. The money bought higher teachers’ salaries, 15 new schools, and such amenities as an Olympic-sized swimming pool with an underwater viewing room, television and animation studios, a robotics lab, a 25-acre wildlife sanctuary, a zoo, a model United Nations with simultaneous translation capability, and field trips to Mexico and Senegal. The student-teacher ratio was 12 or 13 to 1, the lowest of any major school district in the country.

The results were dismal. Test scores did not rise; the black-white gap did not diminish; and there was less, not greater, integration.
Funding education is important but the primary reason middle class students excel is because their parents have taken an active role in their education. Most of the young relatives I have know how to add, subtract and do basic reading before they set a foot into a school. Not only does this help their kids but it helps others because the teachers have more time to spend on slower learners. There is lot of success stories you will hear about in the ghetto but inevitably behind that story is someone that took an interest in that child whether it was their parent, Grandparent or whoever.

Until you change the home environment these kids grow up in you are going to accomplish nothing. Those changes need to come from within the black community, whitey has already done enough damage trying to help.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:53 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:

Don't think so?

Bob.
While I agree with a lot of your sentiment, the reality is that nobody can help the black community except for the black community itself. BLM is quite possibly the worst thing to happen to the black community since the Jim Crow laws were repealed, and yet any time that someone speaks out against BLM they are called racist.

You want to see good schools and opportunities in the black communities? Tell the people who live there to stop burning @#$% down. Ferguson is a prime example of how the black community indulges in self destructive behavior. They were pissed because a thug got shot while trying to take a gun away from a policer officer, so they burnt down multiple businesses and then complained when some of those businesses said "**** off, we're not rebuilding."

You want to see black children attain a higher level of academic achievement? Tell their parents to actually parent their children, and stick around after conception to become positive role models. Yes, it's hard for a single mother who is trying to put food on the table and keep the lights on to be active in her children's lives. However, it wasn't anyone's fault but her own that she had a child with a deadbeat who skipped out at the first opportunity.

Quote:
What wall? Many municipalities and states give preferential treatment to minority owned businesses when it comes to contract time, and extra funding for those same businesses. In St. Louis, it's nearly impossible for a business owned by a white male to get a contract with the city unless there is no competition from minority owned businesses. 8 years ago, when I left St. Louis, the situation had gotten so bad that white business owners were "selling" their businesses to minority employees in order to have a shot at a contract.

Quote:
If by "well off whites" you mean Democrats, then you are correct. The black community consistently votes for a political party that believes black people are incapable of achieving any sort of success without the intervention of government. Democrats don't even believe that minorities are capable of obtaining an ID.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:56 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Tell black people to stop breeding.

Problem solved.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:03 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:

The government has neglected my housing needs. I had to buy a house myself. To add insult to injury I had to have it reroofed this year without the government giving me one damn cent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.