Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 09:09 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneP21 View Post
just because the system is overloaded does not mean kids should be raised by drug addicts....
Just because one smokes time to time doesn't mean they are a drug addict.

Quote:
but your lack of comprehension is a good reason why one should not use marijuana and why marijuana should be illegal.
Your thought process is imbecilic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 09:29 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,583,766 times
Better question: Should people be locked in a cage for indulging in a plant? If so, why?

Why stop at MJ? Heart disease is a leading cause of death, why not throw people in a cage for McDonald's? Hell why not ban red meat? It kills far more people than all drugs combined.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:58 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
Couldn't that happen right now anyways?

Old 07-14-2016, 11:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Better question: Should people be locked in a cage for indulging in a plant? If so, why?

Why stop at MJ? Heart disease is a leading cause of death, why not throw people in a cage for McDonald's? Hell why not ban red meat? It kills far more people than all drugs combined.
Because people against legalizing marijuana pretty strongly feel that getting high off of it is, by far, one of the worse things that can possibly happen to you. They feel it is much worse upon the human body than getting drunk. McDonald's is food, unlike marijuana, a vitally necessary part of life.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:21 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,826 times
In California there are already several felony sections that address this .. child abuse 300 wic... introducing an adulterating substance into a minor-272 PC
There's more..those two are off the top of my head.

More sickness for America by really screwed up human beings
We have a case of animal cruelty going on a doper who kept bonging out his dog...it was thankfully seized..he will do thirty days suspended to two weekends probably . Lets not forget sick parents who make their kids trim for them.... tell me those kids have an opportunity for a normal life... not...

Of course put that in perspective with the mj user that just started a forest fire to disguise his honey oil lab... and the "worker" who murdered his "employer" whom he trimmed for because he felt he wasn't getting enough profit from the "medicine"

Sick people will be sick... sick people with drugs on board will only be enabled to be sicker and more twisted

Dopers will always be a scourge upon the rest of us...

Parenting requires full sobriety...apparently pothead parents make horrible decisions resulting injuries to children... I can't wait for our resident potheads to justify it....

http://www.poppot.org/2015/01/12/chi...ars-drowining/

Last edited by notmeofficer; 07-15-2016 at 02:38 AM..

Old 07-15-2016, 05:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
yeah but that is deliberately getting one's child drunk. An equivalent to a drug addict getting high in front of their child is an alcohol parent getting drunk in front of child. Same action but different results. In the case of the pot user he gets his child high as well as himself when he gets high in front of his child through second smoke. While the parent who gets drunk in front of his child does not transfer any of the substance into the child's system...

How is exposing your child to a contact high, by smoking weed in a confined space with them around, different from putting booze in their sippy-cup?

Old 07-15-2016, 10:53 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
How is exposing your child to a contact high, by smoking weed in a confined space with them around, different from putting booze in their sippy-cup?
Do parents do this?

Parents and many parents are already allowing their kids to smoke pot......its part of the" I'm a COOL parent" syndrome.

A lot of parents just don't care........one way for me to keep my kids in check while they were growing up. I always told them I didn't allow certain things or actions, but one day they would be over 18 and then the choices were all theirs. To my surprise, it worked out real well, parents need to be the responsible ones!

Old 07-18-2016, 12:51 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,302,222 times
Default This is too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

I don't understand how, with all the free resources available, that ignorance is so pervasive in modern society.

First, smoking non-toxic marijuana in a confined space is not a guaranty that the second hand smoke will be concentrated enough to get another person high, even a little person. But let's assume that optimal conditions are met, just for the sake of argument.

Let's also assume, although it's obvious, that the person getting the second hand smoke is going to get less THC and CBD than the person actually smoking. There is research available to support this
on the internet, but I'm not your research assistant, so go find it yourself.

So what will actually happen to the second hand smoker? They might get hungry, have hand/eye coordination problems temporarily, they may be disoriented temporarily, their blood pressure may increase, but not dangerously, and then they will fall asleep. That's it, no long term issues and no addiction.

Marijuana is about as addictive as caffeine.

Alcohol, on the other hand, is a POISON!, plain and simple. It affects every organ in the body, and not in a good way. The sippy-cup drinker will likely be disoriented temporarily, may vomit, have hand/eye coordination issues temporarily, and may have difficulty breathing, and pass out. If you pass out and vomit at the same time you could drown by your own vomit. Alcohol is a depressant. Then there is the hang over. Giving poison to your kids isn't something most parents would agree with.

Next question?

Old 07-18-2016, 04:12 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Ya, because stoners drive slow as hell. Drunks drive with conviction... Right into oncoming traffic, or a ditch, but they get where they are going much faster than the stoner. I would feel safer riding with a stoner than a drunk any day though. Later is better than never, always.
I would feel safer riding with someone who is sober/does not use mind-altering drugs.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:42 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
never even smoked a cig. But pretty sure that's your reality.

but you can run from reality and pretend that second hand marijuana smoke does not affect those who do not consent to smoking but it doesn't change the fact that it surely does.
I haven't seen anyone truly argue that second-hand smoke has no effect. The issue that most in this thread have with your position is that you apparently are under the belief that marijuana users will, without question, smoke with their kids in the room. Your assumption is totally false, but you keep running with it no matter what.

There are millions of marijuana users in this country, and rarely have I ever heard of parents smoking with their kids in the vicinity. Out of my personal circle of friends, not a single one would even think of smoking around their children. What you are suggesting would be similar to a parent handing a shot glass full of whiskey to their five year old, and I've rarely heard of that being an issue either.

In short, you're taking a "remotely possible" incident and turning it into a definite problem. My suggestion is that you find a hobby which doesn't involve spying on the neighbors and worrying about what everyone else is doing, find a way to relax, and calm down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies