Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 06:11 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times

Advertisements

I am teaching my daughter that stoners are losers and not be involved with that crowd.

So if some loser fires up a joint she is to leave immediately and not have anything to do with piece of human refuse.

At my job, the conductor may own the train but the engine is mine and coffin nails are strictly verboten. And woe is them who tries to light one up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 06:13 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneP21 View Post
yeah but if it were to become legal they'd be able to smoke right in front of you and your daughter. Thankfully you can go away. But for those who have parents who are drug addicts they have to get high with them basically. To me I just think if it's legal it should be somewhere where it only is around other marijuana smokers. Not children and not people who said no.
Drug addicts? I think you're confusing cannabis with heroin.

88,000 Americans die every year from alcohol related deaths according to the CDC. THAT is something you should worry about. kids have a better chance dying from a drunk driver than accidentally getting high.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:19 PM

131 posts, read 78,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Drug addicts? I think you're confusing cannabis with heroin.

88,000 Americans die every year from alcohol related deaths according to the CDC. THAT is something you should worry about. kids have a better chance dying from a drunk driver than accidentally getting high.

That's by choice... Alcoholic beverages only affects the one drinking. Btw driving under the influence went up when marijuana was made legal in some states.... You know my mom was just eating at the egg and I a car ran right into the building because the guy was on marijuana.... Not drinking.

Marijuana being legalized would not just affect the smoker but anyone who came across the person long enough. That's not fair. As secondhand smoke should get you high. People would lose jobs more often failing drug tests and what not. That's not right or fair. When they didn't consent to smoking Marijuana. On top of that children of Marijuana addicts shouldn't be forced to do drugs simply because they have bad parents. That shouldn't be acceptable.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:22 PM

29,827 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And woe is them who tries to light one up.
If Shakespeare hated weed...

Old 07-12-2016, 06:37 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,177 times
Quote:
That's by choice... Alcoholic beverages only affects the one drinking. Btw driving under the influence went up when marijuana was made legal in some states.... You know my mom was just eating at the egg and I a car ran right into the building because the guy was on marijuana.... Not drinking.

Marijuana being legalized would not just affect the smoker but anyone who came across the person long enough. That's not fair. As secondhand smoke should get you high. People would lose jobs more often failing drug tests and what not. That's not right or fair. When they didn't consent to smoking Marijuana. On top of that children of Marijuana addicts shouldn't be forced to do drugs simply because they have bad parents. That shouldn't be acceptable.
alcohol affects everyone around if that person is an alcoholic. everything from DUI to domestic violence.

here are the stats from the CDC: CDC - Fact Sheets-Alcohol Use And Health - Alcohol

"Drinking too much can harm your health. Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years.1,2 Further, excessive drinking was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20-64 years. The economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in 2010 were estimated at $249 billion, or $2.05 a drink."

That's en EPIDEMIC! But you don't hear any politician or anyone in general calling it what it is.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that DUI went up in states that have legalized cannabis?

Old 07-12-2016, 06:38 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,743,613 times
so if alcohol is made legal can kids basically get drunk if an adult chooses they can?

Old 07-12-2016, 06:43 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
then if it's used recreationally. How will they be able to stop parents from getting their kids high? If it's a legal substance?
Alcohol is legal, and you don't see a whole lot of parents letting their 7 year olds get drunk, do you?

It's amazing the lengths that some people go to in order to demonize marijuana users. The vast majority of smokers I've ever met are responsible adults who have good paying jobs and/or run their own business and raise their children in a responsible manner. Why do you assume that someone who smokes marijuana is less responsible than someone who drinks alcohol on a regular basis?

Old 07-12-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
alcohol affects everyone around if that person is an alcoholic. everything from DUI to domestic violence.

here are the stats from the CDC: CDC - Fact Sheets-Alcohol Use And Health - Alcohol

"Drinking too much can harm your health. Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years.1,2 Further, excessive drinking was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20-64 years. The economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in 2010 were estimated at $249 billion, or $2.05 a drink."

That's en EPIDEMIC! But you don't hear any politician or anyone in general calling it what it is.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that DUI went up in states that have legalized cannabis?

And in vegas a woman ran several people due to being under the influence of marijuana...

And I know the effects of addiction to Marijuana. I see it all over the place. People smoke Marijuana and become homeless. They kill people. They rape people while under the influence of Marijuana. So what is your point? Nothing.... If people weren't addicted Marijuana they wouldn't smoke it when they are looking for a job or smoke days before they're set to get 3000 bucks etc... That my dear is addiction when you can't control yourself.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
So I heard the Marijuana can be smoked second hand. I remeber there were these two parents who were drug addicts who gt their kids taken away and tested positive for that stuff they smoked marijuana all day everyday from what I know and the kids in turned had thc in their systems. So my question is when it is legal for recreational use. Then can a parent get high on Marijuana in front of their kid? People get drunk in front of their kids... But of course alcohol doesn't get anyone drunk besides the one drinking. In this case though it seems highly dangerous that a parent could get high in front of their kids if recreational use was legal? I mean kids shouldn't be smoking Marijuanna secondhand....

As long as the kid is not out in public, less chance of getting caught...... and the first rule of Freedom & Liberty, " It ain't illegal, until you get caught"

Old 07-12-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
so if alcohol is made legal can kids basically get drunk if an adult chooses they can?

No it's legal for adults. But the good thing about alcohol is that the parents can drink and the children won't have any of it in their systems. While if a parent smoke marijuana around their kids the child could test positive for marijuana. So the child would be forced to get high with marijuana addicted parents as oppose to having alcoholic parents the child would not have to get drunk simply because the parents do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies