Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 11:29 AM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Charles Barkley can be the surrogate father most of these troubled kids need to look up too and do the right things for their communities...idle time makes for idle minds but a true athletic idol like Barkley could help change or mold young minds.
Could?

Charles announced he will donate $3 million

Old 07-13-2016, 11:42 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
I like Barkley. I remember his "cops are what is preventing some neighborhoods from becoming the Wild West" commentary from a year or two ago.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:46 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Could?

Charles announced he will donate $3 million

He donated to the Wounded Warriors, Morehouse College, and his alma matter at Auburn... $1 million each.

That's not exactly helping the inner city community and troubled kids... and that was last June.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:51 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I have a feeling they do. They are just not famous or crazy enough to get on camera.
Honestly, that's what I see. Many black people are hard working, successful and productive. From what I've seen many consider the "BLM movement" as a bunch of ignorant losers supporting criminals and attacking cops, not as anyone trying to improve things for black people as a whole. And many of the "protesters" you see at BLM events are white. Not all blacks are stupid enough to support BLM, and plenty of whites are.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:56 AM

20,726 posts, read 19,367,499 times
I don't particularly like contemporary black America culture for the same reason I do not like contemporary American white culture. They are eerily the same in self hatred. Despite the brave attempts to hide it, I see the unmistakable signs of shame in blacks . Many white Americans feel responsible for it as well, and the state of blacks is a major source of white self hatred. I agree, many whites are to blame, the leftists.

* the inability to recognize a different culture except at the superficial level
* the inability to see the long term consequences of perpetual charity
* the inability to understand solidarity
* remote government is good government.

Liberals have actively destroyed black culture, and project their guilt and self hatred on others. They have actively bred and subsided fatherlessness and have absolved blacks, as if infants, of all agency. I would never want what liberals did to blacks to ever happen to me. I would rather be whipped awake, than for a liberal to sing me sweetly to sleep at dawn.

Whites are killing blacks. Its just that they don't realize their "friends" are their most lethal enemy.

if someone threw me down the bottom of a well, it surely will not be my fault. However damn me if I ever listen to a liberal that it is OK not to try and get out because it was not my fault.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:00 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I have a feeling they do. They are just not famous or crazy enough to get on camera.
99% of African Americans feel the same way, had an identical conversation over dinner just this last weekend, so maybe, I'm missing something… but i doubt it.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:03 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
One of the best statements I have seen,

"The cops have made some mistakes, but that doesn't give us the right to riot and shoot cops. We need the cops, especially in the black community. We as black people, we've got to do better. We never get mad when black people kill each other, which that has always bothered me ? I've always said if we as black people want more respect, we have to give each other respect. You can't demand respect from white people and the cops if you don't respect each other. We've got to do better as black people.
"The cops have made some mistakes, but there's a lot of blame to go around. But I'm not going to get on TV and yell like all these other idiots."
Horrible statement as it argues that Black peopel must seek out white people approval, specifically that I as a black person, I must mention to all white people i debate with that im against black on black violence(Have you ever met someone that was pro black on black violence ????) .

Barkley has done nothing other than fall for the bait and switch argument. Apparently Americans dont believe in the practice of multitasking. You have to address one issue at a time and never mention the others while doing it.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:05 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Horrible statement as it argues that Black peopel must seek out white people approval, specifically that I as a black person, I must mention to all white people i debate with that im against black on black violence(Have you ever met someone that was pro black on black violence ????) .

Barkley has done nothing other than fall for the bait and switch argument. Apparently Americans dont believe in the practice of multitasking. You have to address one issue at a time and never mention the others while doing it.
No where does he say that they must seek white people approval. I figured the first person who would be against black people taking responsibility would be black.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:07 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Black woman here. This is my thought...and many of my friends feel the same way.

Black people need to stop dying for the cause. It's not worth it. There is a major problem in this country with cops unfairly targeting, assaulting, and killing black people. This being the case, I'd like to see more black people think of this when approached and stopped (fairly or unfairly) by the cops. Might the cop treat you unfairly? Maybe. Might the cop act belligerent or racist? Maybe. Might that cop hate minorities? Maybe. Might that cop have a hair trigger? Maybe. What you should do is comply in the moment. Don't run. Don't fight. Don't talk back. Is it unfair. Yes, it is unfair that you have to be on your best behavior to not get killed, unlike a white man. However, is it better to get out of that potentially dangerous situation alive? Yes! Get away from the cop, and then fight him in the courts. Fight them safely and legally! Go home to your families, and stop dying for the cause!

Having said that, there are instances when even that isn't enough (Filandro Castille)...and it's damn sad. I feel, though, that you should give yourself the best chance to get away from those cops alive.

This is where I get frustrated with a lot of black people. I weep over every single black man unfairly killed by cops. I'm sick of it! Stop dying for the f*ucking cause!

I don't disagree with Barkley.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 07-13-2016 at 01:13 PM..

Old 07-13-2016, 12:08 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I really like him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies