Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 01:35 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No only dealers provide background checks.

How did the poll mislead
There are dealers at gun shows. They run background checks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Good for MA. Action is needed nationwide too. Gun deaths in the USA are epidemic.

Epidemic? Care to explain???

Old 07-21-2016, 01:44 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,188,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
OK, I just have to ask this question of the gun owning population.

Why do you feel you need a gun that holds more than one round at a time?
To defend myself against more than one attacker, for starters.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
To defend myself against more than one attacker, for starters.
Because not all targets are stationary.

I just have to ask one question of the none gun owning population... Why do you need to ask silly questions?

Old 07-21-2016, 01:51 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,637,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
children killed by guns also include gang members whose average age is 15. Details are a killer.

'babies' most often die from poisoning, drowning in pools or white 5 gallon buckets....
What you brought up bugs me about the anti gunners too. They define "children" as anyone aged 0-20, and put up pictures of toddlers instead of gang bangers, like toddlers are doing all the shooting...

Old 07-21-2016, 02:04 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Gun sellers and manufacturers should immediately STOP selling any such guns to ANY Mass. law enforcement agency or personnel, including the bodyguards assigned to elected officials. ALL such weapons currently in the hands of such agencies or personnel should immediately be recalled by the manufacturer or otherwise removed from the hands of law enforcement personnel. If necessary, they should be chopped up and sold for scrap.
If the citizens can't have them, law enforcement personnel don't need them!
Absolutely correct and plus.1. All MA LE agencies should immediately stack arms with ALLmilitary type hardware. AR 15s, semi auto shotguns and yes, pistols as well. Indeed, since this will make the streets free of such weapons in criminal hands, cops don't need such gear. Oh, and body armor will no longer be needed either. Turn it in. What a load of nonsensicle bilge.

Ban this, outlaw that, and think it's going to work any better now than it has before. Isn't that the definition of insanity? Again., proof that leftist ideology is a mental defect.

Old 07-21-2016, 02:12 PM

Does MA have a recall for appointed officials? Or is AG an elected position?

Old 07-21-2016, 02:15 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
What's stopping a terrorist from just driving over the Massachusetts border with an Assault Weapon and using it????
The reason why the second amendment will get repealed. Turn the in or do your decade in federal prison.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:30 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
OK, I just have to ask this question of the gun owning population.

Why do you feel you need a gun that holds more than one round at a time?
If all of you honed in on your firing skills, one shot would be all it takes to take down a criminal, or in the case of sport hunting, an animal.

Bob.
Because... zombie apocalypse. I'm somewhat serious. Take a look at what happened during the LA Riots, Argentina's economic collapse, the war in Bosnia... many more.

If you think that can never happen here, you should think again (and be happy that the world economy - for now - is based on the US dollar). It's just one more insurance policy. Additionally, not everyone lives in the suburbs or well-protected cities. Right now, I'm at our house in rural PA. And I mean rural with a capital 'R'. No one is coming to help me in under 20 minutes, at the very quickest. If those lovely meth-heads that Pilly decided to ship up north decide they want what's mine, and don't care who's in the way when they want it, I don't want to rely on a bolt-action.

Besides, it's fun, and it's my constitutional right. Don't like it? Too bad. In other words: Gun Rights Advocates Have A Devastating New Argument Against Gun Control. Here It Is.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:38 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Epidemic? Care to explain???

358 mass shootings in 'Murica in 2015 doesn't explain it enough for you? That's not enough to be concerned with?? so far in 2016 in 'Murica there's been about 7616 gun related deaths so far? That number isn;t concerning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies