Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 05:58 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Dilema!

2 shot semi auto shotgun, Browning twelve weight.

only holds one and one in the chamber...but it is semi automatic...an exemption please?

Interesting that back in late 50s early 60s Browning was anticipating an eventual ban on semi automatic shotgun and came out with the 2 shot semi auto shotgun.

Salem, Mass was the site of the witch trials which appently have begun again.

The Browning Double Auto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 05:59 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Water guns are evil replicas that indoctrinate children into the gun culture!

Better just throw rocks at those clays. More sporting that way.
Don't forget those evil pop-tarts.....

Old 07-23-2016, 06:04 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Water guns are evil replicas that indoctrinate children into the gun culture!

Better just throw rocks at those clays. More sporting that way.
Funny story: I was at Walt Disney World a few years ago with my wife and our two young boys. We spent some time on Tom Sawyer's Island, and I bought each of my boys a toy musket. Later on, we were sitting on the benches outside of the park waiting on the tram back to the resort. My boys and a group of others were playing with their rifles, hiding behind trees and play shooting. I noticed a little boy who was very interested in what they were doing, and his father was annoyed by it. They were obviously German and spoke with a heavy accent. The boy asked:

Boy: "What are they doing papa?"
Father: "They are doing nothing!"
Boy: "But what are they doing papa?"
Father: "They are being naughty boys!"
Boy: "But papa, what are they doing!?!"
Father: "They are playing guns! They are Americans and that's what they do!"

The father had no way to know that a couple of them were our boys until we both cracked up on that last statement.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:04 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Semi Automatic weapons have been around for hundreds of years. People need to get over stupid things. Guns are tools of war, defense etc.
People can train to shoot weapons very very fast...

Old 07-23-2016, 06:10 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Remington 1100, it holds 5 shots, though I only load 2 at a time for clay shooting. So what if heaven forbid someone got one , sawed off the barrel, went into a mall and school is it now considered a "semi auto assault weapon" by the press?

5 shots from a shotgun, takes seconds to reload the tube, against unarmed people who don't fight back.............
Dream on. You would get 5 shots off and then be torn apart by the mob.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:20 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I hope so, that a maniac would be, but I think you are wrong in a lot of cases unless people learn to fight back.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:23 PM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
The last I heard about dealing with an active shooter is they recommend a gang rush to take him or her down. Hiding in a closet while they reload is not helpful. Is that what others have heard? But --- if someday it becomes illegal to own a semi-automatic how would that impact sport shooting? Years ago I had a multi shot 20 guage - I don't recall how many shells. But it was bolt action - eject a shell and a new one takes its place. It was great for skeet shooting at the time....I didn't hunt much. How much fire power does it take to bring down a skeet? Or a squirrel or a duck?

I'm on the fence on all of this but lived near a gun club for 20 years. There was a marked escalation of what folks were shooting after the first Gulf War. I question whether we need need some of this.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:35 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Long guns (rifles/shotguns), no, well except for the AR type platforms. Handguns, probably.
Actually I have a 22 rabbit hunting rifle that is semi-auto, and is nothing like the AR. My MIL has several deer hunting rifles that are semi-auto and are nothing like the AR.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:35 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The last I heard about dealing with an active shooter is they recommend a gang rush to take him or her down. Hiding in a closet while they reload is not helpful. Is that what others have heard? But --- if someday it becomes illegal to own a semi-automatic how would that impact sport shooting? Years ago I had a multi shot 20 guage - I don't recall how many shells. But it was bolt action - eject a shell and a new one takes its place. It was great for skeet shooting at the time....I didn't hunt much. How much fire power does it take to bring down a skeet? Or a squirrel or a duck?

I'm on the fence on all of this but lived near a gun club for 20 years. There was a marked escalation of what folks were shooting after the first Gulf War. I question whether we need need some of this.
In clay shooting often multiple clays usuallly 2 are flying at the same time, almost impossible to hit both in the air with a bolt action hard to do with a pump which is why a double barrel or a semi auto is prefered.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:36 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yes, cause all the other mass shooters had a continuous flow of ammo (no magazine change)...oh....wait....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies