Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 04:48 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times

Advertisements

Remington 1100, it holds 5 shots, though I only load 2 at a time for clay shooting. So what if heaven forbid someone got one , sawed off the barrel, went into a mall and school is it now considered a "semi auto assault weapon" by the press?

5 shots from a shotgun, takes seconds to reload the tube, against unarmed people who don't fight back, the toll would rise fast before cops showed up.

The points I am trying to make are those who won't fight back are easy pickings for someone even with a double barrel 2 shot shotgun when they are cornered and wait while a maniac reloads, and that even a hunting or sporting shotgun can do bad damage in a short time, and that the press and some lie about the so called fire power of a "AR-15" as if rifles adopted by the military are some how much more dangerous, they aren't. Then there is the fact that hundreds of thousands own and use a AR-15 or similar rifle and use it for target or hunting, the president said "the actions of a few doesn't represent all" regarding BLM well neither does semi-automatic owners or gun owners in general.

The fact is, we are no longer dealing with a robber who wants your money not your life, we are dealing with terrorists who only want your life, there is no bargaining ore pleaing with them. They count on you not fighting back, the cops can only do so much, it might be up to you to save yourself.

Which means adopting a mindset, of situational awareness. Yes fear will come on, but given the times we live in this is the way it is. It sucks I know, shouldn't have to be like this, but it is.

The government can't protect you. Some leaders in Europe are now stating people have to learn to live with terrorism. Well I think that is BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 04:55 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
You don't understand, if it was up to the gun control people, you would be skeet shooting with a water gun. They don't want us hunting, target shooting or protecting ourselves.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:59 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
"No one needs to skeet shoot"- a confirmed statist

Old 07-23-2016, 05:02 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,179,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You don't understand, if it was up to the gun control people, you would be skeet shooting with a water gun. They don't want us hunting, target shooting or protecting ourselves.

Water guns are evil replicas that indoctrinate children into the gun culture!

Better just throw rocks at those clays. More sporting that way.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:08 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,780,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Well, the left certainly don't want us to protect ourselves. In fact, in fascist New Jersey where I live you can not carry a taser, stun gun, real gun, fake gun, knife, or large can of pepper spray. So all the thugs have weapons but the average man or woman is defenseless. I moved to a nice neighborhood but unfortunately our activist NJ courts want to bring blighted high density housing to the nice areas as well. I guess when that happens I will get a German Shepard.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:16 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
aren't most guns semi automatic now? (handguns too)

Old 07-23-2016, 05:17 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Dilema!

2 shot semi auto shotgun, Browning twelve weight.

only holds one and one in the chamber...but it is semi automatic...an exemption please?

Interesting that back in late 50s early 60s Browning was anticipating an eventual ban on semi automatic shotgun and came out with the 2 shot semi auto shotgun.

Salem, Mass was the site of the witch trials which appently have begun again.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:33 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Do you remember the 3 men on a train in France who stooped a terrorist before another massacre happened? If we are going to have terrorists this how they are going to be defeated , by engaging them instead of pleading for your life waiting your turn.

Granted you can't engage a truck, but a man with a gun, when you can't escape it is a better chance to fight it doesn't matter what kind of gun they have.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/fre...attack-n414206

The men who averted a massacre aboard a French train - CNN.com

Old 07-23-2016, 05:55 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times
The left only wants criminals to have guns so they can keep their private jail system program fed with federal dollars.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:57 PM

45,369 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
aren't most guns semi automatic now? (handguns too)

Long guns (rifles/shotguns), no, well except for the AR type platforms. Handguns, probably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies