Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 10:03 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Any agreement PRIOR to the revolution is NULL AND VOID the minute they took American hostages. President Trump would have CHARGED THEM INTEREST on money that we were "holding" for them.

If this was THEIR money, it could have been wire transferred to the bank account of the Iranian government. Sending cash is paying a ransom to terrorists.
Stupid people on the left. As if we don't have digital bank transfers in the year 2016.

I suppose that $150 billion in the Iran nuke deal was also loaded on a transport plane.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:07 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Ask the ayatollah for an explanation.

Keep us updated.

“This money was returned for the freedom of the US spy and it was not related to the (nuclear) negotiations,” Mohammad Reza Naqdi, a brigadier general in Iran’s Basij Force, said Wednesday. The Basij is under the command of the Revolutionary Guards.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:26 AM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Let's put this in front of an impartial jury to decide what it is. The govt. can spin it their way, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - it's a duck. I suppose if it's found out that there was another 100 billion sent to them on the side - you'd argue that it's interest owed to them on their deposits.

Dems are totally brainwashed by their govt. masters.
Don't worry I can see the GOP heading up yet another investigative committee.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:57 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It really works the other way, doesn't it? If GOP insists it was a ransom, then they need to prove it. Are they saying US still owes Iran $400 million for the arms deal?

semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit, = "the necessity of proof always lies with the person who lays charges."
" If GOP insists it was a ransom, then they need to prove it."

We say the same thing to many lefiie posters on here when they make asinine claims, and somehow they never seem to get around to "proving" their claims.

I don't know it the payment technically falls into ransom yet, and neither do you, but, There a LOT of very odd happenings that went on.

One of the released captures just gave an interview and stated that they were on the plane ready to go and had to wait.

After a long while they finally he asked why the long wait. The response was. "We are waiting for another plane to land".

Could be the money plain or not.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Stupid people on the left. As if we don't have digital bank transfers in the year 2016. I suppose that $150 billion in the Iran nuke deal was also loaded on a transport plane.
Banking transactions like money wiring with Iran are still against the law. As for de-freezing 150 billion, the number 150 is s myth, and the real number is actually around $55 billion, and it will most likely be paid to countries like China who are looking to offer deals with Iran to re-build their infrastructure. As of today, most, if not all, of the money is still in European banks.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

We say the same thing to many lefiie posters on here when they make asinine claims, and somehow they never seem to get around to "proving" their claims.
Whoever makes the claim, needs to prove it. I say it to everyone who makes claims which seem to come out of thin air. I don't care if they represent the left of right.

I was watching FOX last night, and they referred to is as "ransom payment" as if it was a fact. It is not a fact. Mind control at its best.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:16 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Based on what? Are you basing it on what happened, or are you basing it on how Obama described the transaction?

I guess my question is really - do you want the truth, or do you want to be part of the Obama defense team?

Old 08-05-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Based on what? Are you basing it on what happened, or are you basing it on how Obama described the transaction?

I guess my question is really - do you want the truth, or do you want to be part of the Obama defense team?
You called people stupid for not agreeing with the ransom theory, and yet no one has offered any proof for it. And yes, whoever makes a claim, is the person who needs to provide the proof.

Don't call people stupid for not believing every comment made by politicians. Smart people DO not believe everything they hear from politicians.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:40 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You called people stupid for not agreeing with the ransom theory, and yet no one has offered any proof for it. And yes, whoever makes a claim, is the person who needs to provide the proof.

Don't call people stupid for not believing every comment made by politicians. Smart people DO not believe everything they hear from politicians.

It is being reported that one of the hostages said they were not allowed to leave until the plane carrying the cash arrived. They sat on the tarmac for hours waiting eventhough their plane was already cleared to leave and everyone was onboard.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:47 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Ransom is defined as money belonging to party A transferring to party B for party B to release hostages. In this case, the money has always belonged to party B. Iran transfered the money to the US back in the 70s for equipment that were never delivered.

Are you advocating the US keep the money as common thief just to spite Obama?
We've had the money for 37 years, yet it's just within DAYS of the release of the hostages.

Yea, nothing fishy here at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies