Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 12:08 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If Zimmerman had stayed home where he belonged, Martin is still alive. It's only a matter of time before he gets himself in over his head again.
Which is less desirable:

1. A neighborhood experiencing crime having a volunteer staying at home instead of being out helping deter crime by reporting suspicious behavior to the police.

2. A teen assaulting people he believes are gay and creepy.

I'm sure the neighborhoods who go by "snitches get stitches " may feel choice 1 is more desirable, but most reasonable people feel choice 2 is less desirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They couldn't get him in a court of law so they need to harp on the case to make sure the court of public opinion stays anti-GZ.

All for a clear case of two morons meeting up on a dark rainy night and nature taking its course.
True, but at least moron 1 was trying to reduce crime in the neighborhood.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Which is less desirable:

1. A neighborhood experiencing crime having a volunteer staying at home instead of being out helping deter crime by reporting suspicious behavior to the police.
People here do that all the time without some wanna be cruising the neighborhoods.

Quote:
2. A teen assaulting people he believes are gay and creepy.
He shouldn't be put into that situation.

Quote:
I'm sure the neighborhoods who go by "snitches get stitches " may feel choice 1 is more desirable, but most reasonable people feel choice 2 is less desirable.
People around here snitch all the time. From their living room. Someone cruising the neighborhoods pretending to be a cop would be told by the actual cops to go home.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
You seem to advocate vigilante justice based on your feelings. Luckily we have places for people that actually act on their feelings - it's called prison. Perhaps GZ is actually doing society a favor by getting some of these folks off the streets and adding to their criminal record for future sentencing.

Who is "you all" - are you inferring that white people are a monolithic race that will simply get behind someone because they're white? In a prosperous society, people get behind the law and the right to a fair trial - I believe the overwhelming majority of whites are in that camp.

Your posts are becoming more and more disturbingly racist. My opinion - you should seek counseling because you seem to be in a worse place than GZ.
Who is you all? You're part of "you all." And obviously I'm not talking about all white people. I've already made that clear. So if I'm including you in "you all" and I'm not talking about all white people, do your deductions and figure it out. It ain't hard. Everyone should realize which group they belong to without having it pointed out to them.

As for my so-called advocacy of vigilante justice, believe what you want. I haven't laid a finger on the guy. After all, you're telling me that an overwhelming majority of whites stand by the law, but all of his post trial tormentors have been white.

Go figure.

And you inferring that I'm a racist..well, that's not worth my time to address. Hell, for a bunch of you, any black man that isn't servile is a racist. So I shrug at your assertion.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:36 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,944,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Who is you all? You're part of "you all." And obviously I'm not talking about all white people. I've already made that clear. So if I'm including you in "you all" and I'm not talking about all white people, do your deductions and figure it out. It ain't hard. Everyone should realize which group they belong to without having it pointed out to them.
It sounds like we need a dose of your bigotry to find out what group we are in.

Quote:
And you inferring that I'm a racist..well, that's not worth my time to address. Hell, for a bunch of you, any black man that isn't servile is a racist. So I shrug at your assertion.
Did you just pivot to the victim card?

Old 08-07-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
It sounds like we need a dose of your bigotry to find out what group we are in.

Did you just pivot to the victim card?
I've never been a victim in my life. I'm no good at playing the victim.

If one of us has to serve as the victim in this life, it'll be you before it'll ever be me! Believe that.

BTW...turn off Limbaugh. SMH..."victim card."

Pathetic.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I've never been a victim in my life. I'm no good at playing the victim.

If one of us has to serve as the victim in this life, it'll be you before it'll ever be me! Believe that.
GZ had the same attitude when TM decided to assault him.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
GZ had the same attitude when TM decided to assault him.
Where was that attitude when he got punched in the face?

Old 08-07-2016, 01:18 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,808,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
No. GZ did not follow, TM.

While TM was walking near GZ'd vehicle, GZ was on the phone with the non-emergency dispatcher (NED). GZ was afraid of TM.

This is not surprising. Testimony at trial showed that GZ was typically afraid to confront any of the people that he called the police to report.

While speaking with the NED, TM suddenly took off running away from the area where GZ was sitting in his parked vehicle. The NED asked GZ where TM was running, and as TM had already taken off, GZ exited his car and hurried to the T in the sidewalk to try to see where TM was running to. When the NED heard the sound of GZ running and noticed that GZ was short of breath, the NED asked if GZ was following TM and told GZ that he needn't do so. GZ replied, "OK" and remained at the area of the T in the sidewalk and told the police to call him when they arrived through the community gates.

Meanwhile, TM was talking to the girl on his telephone and indicated that he was at his father's girlfriend's place, which was some 400 feet from the T in the sidewalk where GZ was waiting for the police.

In the several minutes that passed, TM confronted GZ at the sidewalk T area and the incident ended about 25 feet in between the buildings from the T.

TM did not feel threatened. If he did, there was no reason for TM to leave the safety of his father's girlfriend's place and return to the place where GZ was awaiting arrival of the police.

This was shown at trial. The confrontation started at the T. GZ dropped his phone and a small flashlight at the T, when TM sucker punched GZ in the nose, and the scuffle ended about 25 feet from there, with other bits of debris scattered in a line to where TM was atop GZ and where GZ finally shot TM. If you've ever been in a fight outside in an open area, you will know that it is common for the belligerents to move quite some distances from where their altercation starts.

Now, you can continue to ignorantly (or perhaps you do so purposely) to post falsehoods, or, you can accept that the facts and evidence on record and illustrated/demonstrated at trial show that GZ was not following TM.

GZ was scared ****less of TM and only exited his vehicle after TM took off running and the NED asked which way TM was running. As soon as the NED told GZ that he needn't follow TM, GZ stopped and awaited arrival of the police. Per testimony given at trial by the police, GZ did not want to confront those who he made calls about, and per testimony of the coach who was trying to train GZ in martial arts, GZ was so pathetic that GZ was not permitted to spar at the gym.

You must be wilfully obtuse to believe that GZ was following TM.

BUT, even if GZ was following TM, doing so is not a crime nor does a rational person believe that following deserves a beatdown.

If you are dumb enough to believe that, then I fear for your safety. There is always someone tougher and or armed. TM learned a hard lesson. How is it that you have not learned the same lesson from TM?

^^^ Those are the facts.

Unfortunately, every time Zimmie gets back in the news, the case must be retried on C-D.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Where was that attitude when he got punched in the face?
Can't win every fight. No telling how it went down - could've been sucker punched or people could've stepped in. One thing's for sure - if the criminal pulled that in an alley and ol' George could get to his gun...the bad guy would be 6 feet under right about now.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:23 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
LMAO @ "he tutored a black kid."
Agreed. It says nothing about his attitude, reasons, or success in doing so...or the "why" of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies