Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 11:50 AM

11,804 posts, read 5,807,707 times

Advertisements

https://verizon.yahoo.com/gma/mother...opstories.html

Mom's really pushing this one. I know of a family who's son was a transgender from an early age. At 1st we thought he wanted to play dolls and wear fairy dresses because his sister wanted to - but it soon became apparent it was more than that. The family eventually got him the operation when he was 9 - but they never put up a ruckus as to what bathroom he should use in school. Since their is a neutral bathroom available and until this child gets the operation - that should do.

It's crazy what kids have to learn at such a young age. While kids are pretty much accepting when it comes to color, religion, disabilities ect - adults are far less accepting and that rubs off on the children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 11:56 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,076,840 times
This will not end well here.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:56 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
I wanted to be a boy when I was a little girl. I hated dolls, girly stuff, and dresses. Boys got special treatment at school like being able to play baseball and tackle football at recess and do flips on the jungle gyms. I dressed like a boy until 12 years old and always hung out with the boys.

I certainly didn't want to be a male after 12! I still played sports, but I was a girl and embraced it.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:59 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I wanted to be a boy when I was a little girl. I hated dolls, girly stuff, and dresses. Boys got special treatment at school like being able to play baseball and tackle football at recess and do flips on the jungle gyms. I dressed like a boy until 12 years old.

I certainly didn't want to be a male after 12! I still played sports, but I was a girl and embraced it.
Boys get to do all the fun stuff. There is no real equivalent to the word tomboy to describe boys who want to play with dolls.

Actually there is but sissy boy has negative connotations.

Last edited by whogo; 08-11-2016 at 12:12 PM..

Old 08-11-2016, 12:03 PM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I wanted to be a boy when I was a little girl. I hated dolls, girly stuff, and dresses. Boys got special treatment at school like being able to play baseball and tackle football at recess and do flips on the jungle gyms. I dressed like a boy until 12 years old and always hung out with the boys.

I was the very same way....and I thank God my mother didn't move on this....to this day I so much enjoy hanging out with men, love the stories they have to tell....

however, I'm so glad I'm a woman.....
I'm sorry but to do this to a 9 year old is just wrong....
they should have taken the child from those parents....honestly

Old 08-11-2016, 12:03 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

Mom's really pushing this one. I know of a family who's son was a transgender from an early age. At 1st we thought he wanted to play dolls and wear fairy dresses because his sister wanted to - but it soon became apparent it was more than that. The family eventually got him the operation when he was 9 - but they never put up a ruckus as to what bathroom he should use in school. Since their is a neutral bathroom available and until this child gets the operation - that should do.

It's crazy what kids have to learn at such a young age. While kids are pretty much accepting when it comes to color, religion, disabilities ect - adults are far less accepting and that rubs off on the children.
Wait...what?

Just to make sure I understand you, this family you know had sexual reassignment surgery for a 9-year-old?

Did I just read that right?!?!?

Old 08-11-2016, 12:06 PM

I know a transgender...his sister was my best friend...she was indeed a people magnet, everyone loved her...she was intelligent, and had so many artistic skills, plus the will of a lion....
I think he wants to be his sister...he idolized her so much so, he wears a wig that looks just like her hair...and he looks a lot like her.

Old 08-11-2016, 12:11 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

I fully support LGBT rights, but I don't think transgender youth should transition before puberty. Why? A lot of things can change with puberty relating to identity and gender. From personal experience, before puberty I thought I was more female than male. I saw my younger sister as more masculine than I was. I liked to play with dolls, wear a bow in my hair, and was fascinated by my mom's makeup. Then when puberty hit, all this went away and I became comfortable identifying as male, even though I did end up gay. Today, I could not see myself as a woman.

Old 08-11-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I fully support LGBT rights, but I don't think transgender youth should transition before puberty. Why? A lot of things can change with puberty relating to identity and gender. From personal experience, before puberty I thought I was more female than male. I saw my younger sister as more masculine than I was. I liked to play with dolls, wear a bow in my hair, and was fascinated by my mom's makeup. Then when puberty hit, all this went away and I became comfortable identifying as male, even though I did end up gay. Today, I could not see myself as a woman.
Personally, I don't care one way or the other for LGBT rights, however, when it starts to interfer with my rights, then it's wrong all the way around....

I don't want a man sitting on the toilet next to me
and to change the gender of a child 9 years old is immoral...the right should be 21 years of age....

God I've made decisions when I was 28 that I wish I hadn't made?

Old 08-11-2016, 12:21 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
I actually saw a former "sissy boy" classmate on facebook. Married with kids. I just can't see starting treatment on anyone before they reach the age of puberty at a minimum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies