Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 02:27 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,120,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
You realize generally that low cost housing comes with more crime right?
You do realize that the reason why many military families don't live in military housing is because it's not well taken care very well of right? (which is it government housing on federal land) Also you can get more bang for your buck off post/base.
What would you prefer? Living somewhere with crime (the violent forms of which are mostly gang related), or living on the street? The poor need places they can live too.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Single family home values won't be affected by kicking out the illegals. Legal immigrants can stay with a reduced flow in the future.
Keep telling yourself that. I know illegals personally living in single family homes. Kick them out the mortgage doesn't get paid. Then the house defaults. Then all homes around it depreciate.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
What right do you have to impose your standards on other property owners? If you don't want slums moving in next door, go buy up the neighborhood and set your own standards or else leave other property owners alone.
Or, I could check out local zoning, which I did, before buying here. Plus I bought 10 acres, so no one will be building anything too close to me.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:29 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
You realize generally that low cost housing comes with more crime right?
You do realize that the reason why many military families don't live in military housing is because it's not well taken care very well of right? (which is it government housing on federal land) Also you can get more bang for your buck off post/base.

PLEASE PLEASE explain. I am considered "extremely low income" and I am crime-free, so I don't see how low income causes crime.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Or, I could check out local zoning, which I did, before buying here. Plus I bought 10 acres, so no one will be building anything too close to me.

So you are an anti-liberty rent-seeker who uses government policy for your own selfish gain. Got it. Or you could just live in a gated community.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:32 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
For a 1 bedroom apartment in almost every city in America you can expect to pay $1,000 or more a month.
No way.

I rent out a couple 1 bedroom units for $425 a month in tiny town America.

Grand Rapids - TONS of 1 Bedroom units for under $1,000.

Grand Rapids, MI Apartments for Rent - 42 Rentals | Rent.com®

Detroit? Same!

http://www.rent.com/michigan/detroit...max-price-1000

Cleveland? Yep!

http://www.rent.com/ohio/cleveland/a...max-price-1000

Pittsburgh? Many!

http://www.rent.com/pennsylvania/pit...max-price-1000

Etc...

Plus Craigs List adds more.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:34 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Rent prices across our whole vast country have now reach a point of utter and complete ABSURDITY!

For a 1 bedroom apartment in almost every city in America you can expect to pay $1,000 or more a month.
Sounds like there is a wonderful opportunity for YOU to build some low cost apartments and meet this market demand.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Why is it the governments job to provide housing for you in a desirable area at the cost you want to pay? If you were truly needy that is a different story, but you aren't even attempting to change your situation. People have offered ideas to help you out and you continue to balk at all of them.
Because the private market is failing the people regarding a resource that they NEED. People NEED roofs! And the private sector isn't building them!

And you haven't offered any idea about how to STOP THE SKYROCKETING RENTS! People have told me to move (and I'm not even the one most struggling). You know, drop my job, my friends, I'm single but I guess if I had a spouse they would have to quit their job and move too, etc. That is NO SOLUTION! We need to stop rents from skyrocketing not for me, but for society.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:35 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,925 times
Quote:
And we need more of them. They aren't building anywhere near enough. But the government should build housing that doesn't accept section 8. Currently if the government builds a housing community they make it section 8, which you can only get with dependents.
Nope, not correct information. There are many factors involved and having dependents is just one of them.
Citizenship
Size of family/income ratio
Disabilities
Age (over 62)
Please see the HUD Portal for further, and correct information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Ok. Then move to Portland.

Or defund ineffective and wasteful HUD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies